Digby

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rapids unveiled their new alternate jersey on local news today…

Colorado Rapids Alternate Jerseys:

- Primarily Blue (Royal)

- Sublimated outline of the Colorado Flag “C” centered on the jersey

- Yellow piping down the sides

- Bright Red cuffs with yellow piping

- Crest on left upper chest recolored

They used the Colorado state flag as a point of reference.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

I think I like it! On its own merits, anyway. Creative design and nice color combination.

That sad, it's a little strange to me how many MLS clubs have a red primary and a dark-ish blue away -- RBNY, Chicago, FC Dallas, Chivas, and now Colorado.

Pablo-Alternate1.jpg

Colorado Away? Third? Not sure. Here it is though :jersey.jpeg

OMFG THIS THING NEEDS TO DIE!!!!

My eyes are emotionally scarred for life.

I know the color scheme is supposed to invoke the Colorado state flag, but that it's also very similar to Real Salt Lake's.

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kill all that Thrashers-style contrast-color stitching and it's fine. As it stands though, gaudy, manufacturer-proprietary crap.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Red Bulls look fine, nothing unusual there.

I liked the description of the Rapids third a lot more than I actually like the jersey. It seems like they had a good idea but didn't really execute it as well as possible. The contrasting stitching shouldn't be used on any jersey. I know they were trying to keep it simple, but sublimating something then making it the main feature of the shirt's design doesn't work. I think the crest would be better with yellow in it too.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It is an ok jersey but they really need to eliminate all the contrast stitching and come up with a better color scheme for the adidas logo and club crest. The red on royal blue isn't really working. Had the potential to be really good, but just ok now.

The color scheme is based on the state flag, so they're kind of limited. Although, they could have used some white, which is in the flag but didn't make the jersey

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

Colorado Away? Third? Not sure. Here it is though :jersey.jpeg

OMFG THIS THING NEEDS TO DIE!!!!

My eyes are emotionally scarred for life.

I know the color scheme is supposed to invoke the Colorado state flag, but that it's also very similar to Real Salt Lake's.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutly love this but its just to close to RSL for me to go head over heals for it. Very awesome though!

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

It is an ok jersey but they really need to eliminate all the contrast stitching and come up with a better color scheme for the adidas logo and club crest. The red on royal blue isn't really working. Had the potential to be really good, but just ok now.

The color scheme is based on the state flag, so they're kind of limited. Although, they could have used some white, which is in the flag but didn't make the jersey

I get that, but the current scheme isn't allowing the logos to be very visible. They could have gone with a tonal yellow crest or a yellow/red crest. Anything to make it pop more against the blue. As it is, you have two very bright colors next to each other. Little contrast.

Here's a video of John Moncke, Sporting KC's VP of Brand Revenue talking a little bit about the new jerseys:

http://www.kctv5.com...&autostart=true

Nothing too revealing, but it got my interest. The Kansas/Missouri state line motif will return, but with a bolder look. And the Adidas stripes will be completely different than any other Adidas jersey.

The bold part scares me for some reason. I feel like it's going to run down the center or heart and have to do with the representation of the Kansas-Missouri border. Could be nice if done correctly but I feel like it won't be.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Archived