2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Right, see what I mean? Looking through photo archives it seems it switched back and forth, randomly, throughout the season

Ah, I understand. I thought you meant the photo archives were showing whites at home for the whole season. Please excuse my dumbness.

I know the dates at Getty can be wonky, especially for older pics. I did find this article on the Google News archive (scroll to bottom for the relevant part):

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/01/17/sports/hockey-move-over-messier-broten-is-leading-the-way.html

The game was the last time the Rangers will wear white shirts at home this season. Following the All-Star Game break, they'll wear their blue road jerseys here in observation of yet another of the league's strange directives to all its teams as it celebrates its 75th anniversary.

Fantastic, if that YouTube video didn't exist I'd be more inclined to just accept this article as fact and move on... now I'm even more confused than ever.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, see what I mean? Looking through photo archives it seems it switched back and forth, randomly, throughout the season

Ah, I understand. I thought you meant the photo archives were showing whites at home for the whole season. Please excuse my dumbness.

I know the dates at Getty can be wonky, especially for older pics. I did find this article on the Google News archive (scroll to bottom for the relevant part):

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/01/17/sports/hockey-move-over-messier-broten-is-leading-the-way.html

The game was the last time the Rangers will wear white shirts at home this season. Following the All-Star Game break, they'll wear their blue road jerseys here in observation of yet another of the league's strange directives to all its teams as it celebrates its 75th anniversary.

Fantastic, if that YouTube video didn't exist I'd be more inclined to just accept this article as fact and move on... now I'm even more confused than ever.

Sorry to add to the confusion :P .

Did you mean the Canadiens-Sharks YouTube video I posted earlier? That supports the NY Times article; it was a post-All-Star break game and the home team (San Jose) was wearing their teal "road" jerseys (the Sharks logo is at center ice at 2:16).

FWIW, I vaguely remember the mid-season switch. But I was only 10 years old so it's probably not worth too much.

Every time I check out bits from a Hurricanes game, I could never find any new jerseys in the crowd.

In the front row, there's a line of fans with the new red home jersey. But I'm sure they got em' free for being exclusive season ticket holders.

I have 100% confirmation based off Getty Images and looking at the NHL schedule in 1991-1992 that after the All-Star break, teams went to the dark jerseys for the second half at home and then they went back to white at home during the playoffs.

Flames will unveil (officially) their third jersey on Sunday during Fan Fest.

Here's a teaser pic from twitter. Not the best, but it's something.

BXUJ1e9CcAE1fkt.jpg

This trend has got to stop.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Flames will unveil (officially) their third jersey on Sunday during Fan Fest.

Here's a teaser pic from twitter. Not the best, but it's something.

BXUJ1e9CcAE1fkt.jpg

This trend has got to stop.

You can't fault them for wanting to show off that they've finally reached an epiphany on how hem striping is supposed to look

Every time I check out bits from a Hurricanes game, I could never find any new jerseys in the crowd.

In the front row, there's a line of fans with the new red home jersey. But I'm sure they got em' free because they're season ticket holders.

Was the same way for the Lightning for the first season and mostly the second after the new jerseys.

But now unfortunately I'm seeing more of them.

Such a fickle fan base in this area. A majority of fans hated the new look, yet more and more people just accept it and buy/wear it. I won't accept bull :censored:, and that's what the new look is.

2ly2w09.jpg

A majority of fans hated the new look, yet more and more people just accept it and buy/wear it.

To be fair, doesn't every fanbase do just that?

Orange as the main colour just doesn't work for the ducks

I'm not sure if I'd want an orange jersey full time, but I'm at a point where I'd definitely like to see an orange jersey. If done right, it could work as an alternate uniform. As a full time primary sweater, it might be too much.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

A majority of fans hated the new look, yet more and more people just accept it and buy/wear it.

To be fair, doesn't every fanbase do just that?

If someone doesn't like their team's new look, getting used to it is probably best for your own good. However, you definitely don't have to buy any jerseys/merch that features the new look.

I haven't found that card yet, but there is one of Jeremy Roenick in the throwback against the Whalers. That surprised me, because I thought they were only worn in games against other Original 6 teams.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That looks more like the North Stars than the Whalers.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived