2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That "5" is the "2" flipped upside-down, and it is a problem.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I too would have preferred a full Flaming C, rather than a mini one in the corner of the script. That would have instantly became the future home jersey.

But it's only a minor complaint. No reasons to criticize them. Those jerseys are beautiful.

Here are some concepts from this video.

2Q7.png

That first "Calgary" wordmark at the top would have been their best bet for the crest, and literally any of those sweater concepts to the right would have looked better than the Devils ripoff template they went with.

I am not liking any of these concepts. The top left one is the best out of them. Other than that, the other ones just don't seem that exciting to me

Go A's!

The boot skate is still just as awesome as when Andrew Harrington showed it off last year. I hope it finds its way onto some merchandise at the very least.

boot_skate.png

Were this the WHA Calgary Cowboys, I'd be all about it. For the Flames, though... ehh.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I remember the '92 season vividly. They absolutely did a league-wide flip to dark at home after the all-star break. I remember it because back then I couldn't see Flyers home games since they were on pay TV, so it was the first time I got to see the white jerseys since they were worn on the road the rest of the year. I'm sure there was the occasional switcheroo, but the plan absolutely was to celebrate the 75th anniversary by going dark at home in the second half.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here are some concepts from this video.

2Q7.png

That first "Calgary" wordmark at the top would have been their best bet for the crest, and literally any of those sweater concepts to the right would have looked better than the Devils ripoff template they went with.

I am not liking any of these concepts. The top left one is the best out of them. Other than that, the other ones just don't seem that exciting to me
They aren't amazing, but at least they wouldn't look so similar to the Devils.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived