Talk of possible new Jaguars logo

makhlakh

Jags with Gold pants?

I would hope not. That would just scream Saints.

Don't worry... it's gonna be a new "super-edgy-robot-combat" uniform. If there's gold pants, I'm sure they'll be saved for a really ugly all-gold look.

I could be wrong (I hope I'm wrong), but I think you can look to the stuff you've seen in Seattle to tell you what we'll get here. Here's my guess; Look for a black helmet with some kind of extra modern detail that can only be seen by the guy wearing it and the guy hitting him. There will be 3 jerseys... black, gold, and white. There will be three pairs of pants, also black gold and white. Teal will be trim, only. Some sort of sublimated detail (maybe based on Jaguar markings) will be incorporated throughout the uniform. It will look great in all the photoshop promotional material, but will be next to unnoticable on TV. There will, supposedly, be mix and match possibilities, but the only combos we will see will be all black, all white, occasionally white over black, and one time during the season, all gold. Most members of this board will say the best combos would be black over black over gold at home, or black over white over gold on the road. Those particular combos will never make the field.

Oh, and the only pair of socks will be solid black... worn with black pants for extra ugliness.

Wanna bet against me? :D

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jags with Gold pants?

Don't worry... it's gonna be a new "super-edgy-robot-combat" uniform. If there's gold pants, I'm sure they'll be saved for a really ugly all-gold look.

I could be wrong (I hope I'm wrong), but I think you can look to the stuff you've seen in Seattle to tell you what we'll get here. Here's my guess; Look for a black helmet with some kind of extra modern detail that can only be seen by the guy wearing it and the guy hitting him. There will be 3 jerseys... black, gold, and white. There will be three pairs of pants, also black gold and white. Teal will be trim, only. Some sort of sublimated detail (maybe based on Jaguar markings) will be incorporated throughout the uniform. It will look great in all the photoshop promotional material, but will be next to unnoticable on TV. There will, supposedly, be mix and match possibilities, but the only combos we will see will be all black, all white, occasionally white over black, and one time during the season, all gold. Most members of this board will say the best combos would be black over black over gold at home, or black over white over gold on the road. Those particular combos will never make the field.

Oh, and the only pair of socks will be solid black... worn with black pants for extra ugliness.

I would not bet against you but I certainly hope your wrong their all black was hideous this year.

Jags with Gold pants?

I'd bet against you. I don't see them emphasizing gold that much. I see black heavy uniforms, with white teal an gold accents. In that order. And I'm hoping to see color changing numbers, however I don't see them doing that because it would likely be a pain for retail reasons.

And I THINK Nike knows that piping has run its course, so I'm hoping they do something that won't be instantly dated.

Wow! That sounds sick!

(Inside joke- it sounds bad.)

Just as long as Nike doesn't excrete some robotic over-designed uniform abortion similar to the awful eyesores that currently cover a certain Seattle NFL franchise.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Uni Watch says the logo will be unveiled at 4 pm tomorrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_B3dvFMyDE

He verified that it would be akin to Seattle's new look. God dammit.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

From most accounts I've seen, it seems Khan and Co. have given Nike's creative team pretty much free reign in this whole process. Ultimately, though, the Jaguars had to sign off on whatever the final product became. I've also noticed Nike tends to have a habit of repeating certain design chatacteristics (but then, really so does every other manufacturer)—in this case, I'm referring to the sublimated designs in the Seahawks, helmets and numbers. Based off that, I'm making a bold prediction here: some kind of sublimated spot pattern, iridescent or otherwise, will show up on the Jaguars' new helmets and jersey numbers. In fact, I'd be shocked if that doesn't happen.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

From most accounts I've seen, it seems Khan and Co. have given Nike's creative team pretty much free reign in this whole process. Ultimately, though, the Jaguars had to sign off on whatever the final product became. I've also noticed Nike tends to have a habit of repeating certain design chatacteristics (but then, really so does every other manufacturer)—in this case, I'm referring to the sublimated designs in the Seahawks, helmets and numbers. Based off that, I'm making a bold prediction here: some kind of sublimated spot pattern, iridescent or otherwise, will show up on the Jaguars' new helmets and jersey numbers. In fact, I'd be shocked if that doesn't happen.

I really hope you are wrong. If it wasn't for the stupid stripe on the helmets and the pattern on the numbers I would like the Seahawks set. Just give me a regular black helmet with teal,black,and gold on the uniforms and I will be happy.

I really hope you are wrong. If it wasn't for the stupid stripe on the helmets and the pattern on the numbers I would like the Seahawks set. Just give me a regular black helmet with teal,black,and gold on the uniforms and I will be happy.

With Nike I can assure you that will not happen Buc is most likely spot on. They will be nothing regular about the helmet.

THIS >

just go back to this set and call it a day

Taylor-to-retire-as-Jaguar-after-13-seasons-JNBJQ1T-x-large.jpg

problem solved

Yeah, they won't be doing that. From a marketing standpoint, what would be the point? They need something ridiculous to get the talking heads at ESPN to chuckle during a 30 second segment at the tail end of sportscenter. And if (like the new Seahawks look) it so "cutting edge" that it becomes dated in 5 years, no problem... just roll out another over-the-top uniform, and repeat the process.

What, you think its should be about making the best looking uniform possible?

Archived