College Basketball 2013-14

DaytonBlue

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is A&M sporting this year's Adidas template as well. The beveled numbers from the football team have found their way over to basketball. The is the first time I have ever seen the Texas A&M wordmark beveled.

JXPTOYFUGYMKGHG.20131001212953.jpg

I saw some A&M gear with the beveled wordmark (which looks awful) over the summer. Looks like the women's b-ball team will be rocking this look as well.

Here's the logo for the 2014 SEC Tournament. I do not know if this will be the midcourt logo.

1380681672554_zpsfd6e189a.jpg

There should be a rule against skyline logos for any city that doesn't at least have one distinctive structure in its skyline. Who would even know this were Atlanta if it didn't say so?

Atlanta actually does have a pretty distinctive structure in its skyline this logo just doesn't do a good job of representing it.

atlanta-skyline-4-b.jpg

I'm sure the skyline is recognizable to locals, but it doesn't have "that one building" that defines it as Atlanta like, say, the Space Needle does for Seattle, the Arch does for St. Louis, or the Golden Gate Bridge does for San Francisco. I lived in Atlanta for a year and would still have trouble picking out their skyline in a lineup of skyline photos.

Here's the logo for the 2014 SEC Tournament. I do not know if this will be the midcourt logo.

There should be a rule against skyline logos for any city that doesn't at least have one distinctive structure in its skyline. Who would even know this were Atlanta if it didn't say so?

Atlanta actually does have a pretty distinctive structure in its skyline this logo just doesn't do a good job of representing it.

atlanta-skyline-4-b.jpg

I'm sure the skyline is recognizable to locals, but it doesn't have "that one building" that defines it as Atlanta like, say, the Space Needle does for Seattle, the Arch does for St. Louis, or the Golden Gate Bridge does for San Francisco. I lived in Atlanta for a year and would still have trouble picking out their skyline in a lineup of skyline photos.

This logo does a good job representing the Atlanta skyline.

SoccerBowl2013_Atlanta_FINAL%20copy(1).j

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

atlanta-skyline-4-b.jpg

SoccerBowl2013_Atlanta_FINAL%20copy(1).j

Sort of. That building second from the left is actually in midtown.

That one is better, but the problem is Atlanta's lack of a truly iconic building or structure. Every building in that logo has at least one or two in another city that resemble it.

That one is better, but the problem is Atlanta's lack of a truly iconic building or structure. Every building in that logo has at least one or two in another city that resemble it.

The other problem with Atlanta is that it has such a spread out skyline, it's hard to piece together the cool looking buildings into one image. I'm surprised they could even do it with the soccer bowl one.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Here is A&M sporting this year's Adidas template as well. The beveled numbers from the football team have found their way over to basketball. The is the first time I have ever seen the Texas A&M wordmark beveled.

JXPTOYFUGYMKGHG.20131001212953.jpg

I fail to see how Adidas can do this, but they insist on stripping NBA teams of their detailed numbers. (Grizzlies, Hawks...)

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Adidas basketball jerseys are as bad as Russell's football jerseys. They need to stick to soccer and go away. Please close your basketball dept ASAP. Their templates are god awful, their striping and piping is awkward and adds nothing to the design. It's as if a fashion designer with zero knowledge of the sport is designing these things. It's amazing how consistently horrible they are.

The odd shoulder pattern looks like a sportsbra, and makes for a very effeminate jersey.

Also, that Texas A&M model isn't doing them any favors, but that's me just being a dick.

Archived