Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

Ok... Ok... That's good. The pattern in the whole floor isn't as overbearing as I thought. I don't normally try to uplift my favorite teams, but tho could be the best court in the league.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the honeycomb pattern on the court. They should've just implement them on the sides as it was on the practice court. I would've liked this better.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

This court looks amazing. Homerun. The honeycomb on the whole court is bold yet tasteful, not overdone. And it has staying power. I've never been in love with the primary logo with wordmark, but I think it works great at center court. And going teal all around with purple keys looks great.

The Hornets have knocked this rebranding out of the park on all fronts -- colors, logos, uniforms, court.

images from hornets website (for those lazy to click slideshow)

160426_court_04.jpg?itok=ohDoYxf3

160426_court_05.jpg?itok=X0FSTvEg

160426_court_06.jpg?itok=Pvhc2dzQ

160426_court_19.jpg?itok=4ULdhxxK

160426_court_23.jpg?itok=SIf-2M93

160426_court_10.jpg?itok=F0Z78pMi

160426_court_16.jpg?itok=MmHc5rMa

160426_court_21.jpg?itok=YDuinL8Z

160426_court_22.jpg?itok=6UY3UrrL

160426_court_17.jpg?itok=v_-z8ELH

"As with the team’s overall brand identity and uniforms, the court was designed in collaboration with senior executives within the Hornets organization; Jordan Brand, a division of Nike; and the NBA’s Global Merchandising Group."

And that is why I believed this rebrand was overall a HUGE SUCCESS!! Jordan Brand/Nike > Adidas

shado_logo.gif

It's very cool, though I wish the honeycombs were single color instead of half and half. But this justifies them not having any honeycomb pattern on their unis, it would probably wear thin if it were on both.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

The only thing I don't care for is the Buzz City logo, would rather see the CH crown logo. But that's something minor. The honeycomb is so bold and outlandish, yet subtle at the same time.

Jordan Brand killed this rebrand. Logos, uniforms, court... Nailed it.

Can't wait to see the city buzzing and TWC Arena packed full and going crazy this fall. It's gonna be like 1993 all over again. This city loves the Hornets.

And the team is actually gonna be really good, especially if Cho pulls off a good draft & can sign another stud like Jordan wants.

Near-flawless court!

LOVE

- honeycomb parquet

- color scheme

- balanced primary logo at center court

INDIFFERENT

- Buzz City logo on wings

My guess is that Buzz City logo doesn't last long. I'll bet they replace that with another secondary logo within a year or 2.

ujsignature.png

Archived