Rare team matchups

I think the Falcons may have worn this combo twice ever

pocket.jpg

BEST Falcons combination imo. They look too similar to the Cardinals with black helmets in their current combination.

That was my favorite Falcons look too. The road version (white over black) was especially slick:

michael%20vick%20falcons.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think the Falcons may have worn this combo twice ever

pocket.jpg

BEST Falcons combination imo. They look too similar to the Cardinals with black helmets in their current combination.

That was my favorite Falcons look too. The road version (white over black) was especially slick:

michael%20vick%20falcons.jpg

One thing I really liked about how Vick wore his socks with this was that it looked like the black socks had a white stripe that went right through the middle. A unique look that kind of made their black pants stand out even more to me.

Go A's!

*sigh* No pictures, again, sadly, but in 1977, their second season of play, the classic-getup Seattle Seahawks met the white-helmeted Buffalo Bills for the only time. Both teams made a few changes to their uniforms by their next meeting in 1984.

UBwef0L.png

*sigh* No pictures, again, sadly, but in 1977, their second season of play, the classic-getup Seattle Seahawks met the white-helmeted Buffalo Bills for the only time. Both teams made a few changes to their uniforms by their next meeting in 1984.

Black and white doesn't really do it justice, but here's that matchup-

XoWY4o4.jpg

Seahawks with stripes on the sleeves and grey facemasks; Bills with blue pants and blue facemasks. Nice.

qvAvG.jpg

- Hey, more video! This 1997 vid has the Minnesota Vikings in their 2.0 classic look (w/ the Norseman logo on the sleeves) in their only meeting against the black/green New York Jets getup (before the change to the neo-Namath look the next season).

UBwef0L.png

BUCSBENGALSPHOTOS4_14274804_8col.jpg

Matchup only happened twice, in 1976 and 1980 (by the latter game, the Bengals added TV numbers on the jersey sleeve and changed their facemask color to black, a prelude to the changes that would come in '81....)

The Bucs appeared different in 1980 as well. That was the only year the Bucs wore orange numbers outlined in red. They've worn red numbers every year since.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Washington vs. Houston, 1971. Only time this matchup happened:

IXI2TSI.jpg

I don't know what it is, but I love those Oilers uniforms.

I guess the Cowboys aren't the only team in Texas to have worn a fustercluck of differently-shaded silvers.

• Like 1

IXI2TSI.jpg

I guess the Cowboys aren't the only team in Texas to have worn a fustercluck of differently-shaded silvers.

Haha that's true. I actually really like that helmet. It could work well with a team using a winter/cold weather-based nickname .

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

IXI2TSI.jpg

Haha that's true. I actually really like that helmet. It could work well with a team using a winter/cold weather-based nickname .

That's the first thing I noticed too. I think the Cowboys would look really good with a helmet similar in color to this that matched their pants.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg