2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

The only thing holding the Panthers back from being top 10 in the league is a black helmet and white letters. That beautiful shade of blue really gets let down from the overuse of silver. The 1990s silver helmet clashes with the modern, sleek, and all black look of the rest of the uniform. Those blue socks really make the uniform pop too. In an odd way, the Panthers all black uniform reminds me of how amazing the Jags set could have looked if it was just less complex; a streamlined, better-looking version of their uniform if you will.

I'm confused - overuse of Silver? I'm also puzzled by the "black helmet and white letters"...not sure what you mean about "white letters". The numerals on their uniforms are already White - is that what you're referring to?

You have a right to be confused, because that's quite a colossal mix-up. I meant a black helmet and white outlines in regards to the shoulder striping. Also, I suppose "overuse" of silver is a bad way of explaining what I'd prefer. I actually think Carolina should do away with silver completely. "Overuse" implies that I just think there's too much silver, that there should be a lesser amount. I do mean that, but I want silver completely gone, not just minimized.

Yaaawwn. Another "we need more black, less other colors" sentiment that's completely played out.

I think the silver helmet (and the silver on the jersey) is great for the Panthers.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing holding the Panthers back from being top 10 in the league is a black helmet and white letters. That beautiful shade of blue really gets let down from the overuse of silver. The 1990s silver helmet clashes with the modern, sleek, and all black look of the rest of the uniform. Those blue socks really make the uniform pop too. In an odd way, the Panthers all black uniform reminds me of how amazing the Jags set could have looked if it was just less complex; a streamlined, better-looking version of their uniform if you will.

I'm confused - overuse of Silver? I'm also puzzled by the "black helmet and white letters"...not sure what you mean about "white letters". The numerals on their uniforms are already White - is that what you're referring to?

You have a right to be confused, because that's quite a colossal mix-up. I meant a black helmet and white outlines in regards to the shoulder striping. Also, I suppose "overuse" of silver is a bad way of explaining what I'd prefer. I actually think Carolina should do away with silver completely. "Overuse" implies that I just think there's too much silver, that there should be a lesser amount. I do mean that, but I want silver completely gone, not just minimized.

Yaaawwn. Another "we need more black, less other colors" sentiment that's completely played out.

Actually, no. I disagree with that crowd as well. There's a big difference in what I'm saying the Panthers should do, and something the 2004 - 2011 Marlins did, the 2002 - 2005 Royals did, or the New York Islanders/Mets did. Silver is not a primary color for the Panthers, it's more of an accent color. Black has always been a primary color of the Panthers, so it's not BFBS. Carolina's shade of blue does not look as good against silver as it does against white. It muddles the whole set up in my opinion. This isn't about taking away colors in favor of black. It's about making that shade of blue pop more by swapping silver for white. It's something they should have done with the new logo change in order to differentiate between the 90s era and the more modern, sleek era.

ALERT ALERT ALERT

CHARGERS KICKER WEARING POWDER BLUE PANTS. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Just retweeted by Chris Creamer...

BdzmqLyCIAA_gLb.jpg

So...basically an inverse of their alternate uniforms? White top, powder blue pants?

ALERT ALERT ALERT

BdzmqLyCIAA_gLb.jpg

temppregame36--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wi

From a gallery on the Chargers website, posted today.

Was hoping for the light blue. But those light blue pants that Novak had on look Reebok-made. The logo on the right leg doesn't look like a Nike swoosh.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Do the chargers facemasks bother anyone else?

Not the color but the type they use on the classic style helmets. Specifically the db/RB facemask. The bottom part sits lower than standard riddell ones. And the bar on the side where you clip it to the helmet isn't straight.

These have been around for a long time but weren't as popular as the regular ones, they seem to be the only team to still use them.

Most people won't notice because it really is the most minor of difference, but it bothers me when I watch San Diego play.

ALSO: those pants looked navy to me and they're wearing navy. I don't think try we're powder blue.

ALERT ALERT ALERT

BdzmqLyCIAA_gLb.jpg

False alarm. Those are navy. They just look lighter blue because of the saturation of the picture. Notice the Broncos logo is the same color.

I think the Seahawks should have added a set of neon green socks...

Uhh...no.

Neon green is a ACCENT color. That would be overkill and would look ridiculous. Right now, the Hawks have the exact right amount of neon in their scheme.

So where is this accent color on their grey and/or white pants ?????? Another note, IF the Seahawks go to the Super Bowl, they will wear white jerseys. What color pants will they wear ?????

There will be no mysteries with any uniforms next week. Pats will be in white on navy, broncos orange on white, niners white on gold, hawks all navy. The only possible mystery left would be the Hawks pant color in the Super Bowl if they make it. NFC team is the visiting team this year.

Best potential Super Bowl matchup?

I say Broncos/Seahawks or Patriots/49ers. I really just hate the 49ers terrible khaki pants and sleeve stripes.

Looking at the overall uniform instead of the details, Pats/Niners will look the best. AFC has the Home jerseys this year, so the Pats Silver/Navy/Silver against the Niners Gold/White/Gold will be a good balance. Broncos/Seahawks will be a mess - Navy/Orange/White against Navy/White/White.

galaxy.png

Dude needs a new act. His bit is tired.

Yea, my bit is tired. Good one.

I am only referring back to the foggies around here who CONSTANTLY rag on football teams who don't adhere to their standards for "excellence". Which usually has something to do with putting stripes on everything (just for the hell of it), never wearing a monochrome uniform and wearing uniforms that Pappy and Mamie used to like back in the 1960's.

Not EVERY football team has to have stripes on their pants or socks. Just like every baseball team doesn't have to wear only grey uniforms on the road. This is 2014. Some of you are so scared of some teams actually daring to be "different" its not even funny. Every football team shouldn't look like the Packers or Giants. Every baseball team shouldn't look like the Yankees or Tigers.

Some of the people's acts around here are the ones that need a little work. Because many of you are completely out to lunch with modern-day reality and trends. And prove it over-and-over-again.

And BTW...if the Seahawks win, I'd expect them to be in navy pants with the white jerseys for the Super Bowl. They wore them in Met Life in their last road game and I bet they wear them again.

Their best look to pair with the white jerseys would be the blue pants. However, I think that they might just go with the gray pants. Maybe to hark back to the old Seahawks days when they only had gray/silver pants. Either way, I'm going to be OK with whichever pants they choose. All three actually look good with the white jerseys

Possible matchup?

460x.jpg

Go A's!

Not EVERY football team has to have stripes on their pants or socks. Just like every baseball team doesn't have to wear only grey uniforms on the road. This is 2014. Some of you are so scared of some teams actually daring to be "different" its not even funny. Every football team shouldn't look like the Packers or Giants. Every baseball team shouldn't look like the Yankees or Tigers.

I am going to agree with this point. I figure if people don't like what the teams wear they don't have to watch it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Yea, my bit is tired. Good one.

I am only referring back to the foggies around here who CONSTANTLY rag on football teams who don't adhere to their standards for "excellence". Which usually has something to do with putting stripes on everything (just for the hell of it), never wearing a monochrome uniform and wearing uniforms that Pappy and Mamie used to like back in the 1960's.

Some of the people's acts around here are the ones that need a little work. Because many of you are completely out to lunch with modern-day reality and trends. And prove it over-and-over-again.

Yeah, your bit is tired. You're a one trick pony. You only post about football uniforms and you only post argumentative and condescending retorts to opinions that you disagree with. You disappear after football season and you show at the first post every August that mentions sock stripes. You're predictable and it's old. Someone posts their opinion which is just as valid as yours and you show up as if someone batsignaled you to the thread to tell them how out of touch and wrong they are. It borders on trolling and offers very little to the conversation.

Very few people are advocating that everyone dress like the Giants and Packers. Most people, myself included, have a wide variety of tastes that includes both modern and traditional looks. Most are arguing for what they prefer, just like you. You're not more right than anyone else is.

BTW, I lean traditional and I'm 26. Hardly a "foggie".

PvO6ZWJ.png

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.
Playoffs Championship Round
AFC Championship
Patriots @ Broncos
zpqpZ.jpglewAf3r.jpg
NFC Championship
49ers @ Seahawks
YEF7l.jpgrP4HQ.jpg

I'm hoping the Hawks were white on white. I much prefer that away look.

I wonder if the Seahawks will get permission by the NFL to wear their alternate "wolf grey" jerseys during Super Bowl. I would like to see a color vs color Super Bowl. Unfortunately, that will never happen, but the wolf grey jerseys maybe as close as we are going to get.

Archived