College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although the schools ultimately sign off on the new uniform designs, this summer's releases has me fully convinced now that Nike brass does indeed have a heavy hand in pushing their cap sleeves.

I'm starting to think so too. Last year was the UNC shoulder/sleeve stripe. This year the alternate color on the sleeves. I fear what next year will be. As long as it's not Zubaz I'll be happy.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

ASU just unveiled their new uniform.

It's anthracite with copper finish. Chromed-out copper on the helmet.

Here's the photo album

http://www.thesundevils.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?PALBID=1172484&DB_OEM_ID=30300

Looks like they are trying to out do the friends down in Tuscon, who used all-copper helmets at some point, I'm pretty sure.

Initial reactions: I don't hate it. Sure, the anthracite is overdone, and sure, the chrome is too, but I think the copper is kind of a nice complement to the shade of maroon. Wearing these jerseys with the all-white pants wouldn't be a terrible look, maybe a bit better than the black alternates.

That being said, if the copper helmet is combined with the yellow accents in the jerseys, this brand will continue to be muddled in color choice. Anthracite is also just really unnecessary with the unique maroon-yellow combo.

Please tell me those are alts.

Yes. They keep describing it as "another uniform option".

I love the helmet. That's class. But they're very late on the anthracite train, and the black pitchfork stripes on the shoulders look lost and dumb.

I hope we never see this exact combo, though. I think the helmet could only go with this jersey (like Elliot said, mixing the copper with the gold would look bad, but I guess I'd like to see it just to see it), so I'd like the helmet and jersey with white pants. The pants could probably be thrown into any combo.

I do think that the copper works better into what ASU is doing than when UofA tried to force it in.

All in all, meh. It's ok. Nothing to get excited or worked up about. With a black jersey already in the rotation, I'm not sure how necessary this anthracite jersey is, but hey, It is what it is.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Jeez... so much for school colors! What's next? A red and silver Notre Dame alt!?!?

Apart from the logos nothing about this says Arizona St. to me.

Well, we all know that college football recruits aren't exactly wow'd by the college campus itself or academic opportunities. What really get 'em hooked to the program is a snazzy anthracite jersey and a chrome helmet!

Archived