College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a another topic, what are yall's thoughts on the US flag on the helmets of both college and pro teams? It's been 13 years and they still have them on there. When will it be OK to remove?

NFL National Football League

NCAA National Collegiate Athletic Association

I dont think the flag will go.

We're still at war, whether officially or not, so expect it to stay.

Agreed. At some point when we no longer have troops involved in wars the flag will come off of the helmets, the NCAA basketball jerseys and tourney floors, and the NBA backboards. 9/11 Afghanistan/Iraq were why the flags went on and then stayed. Just like flag patches were worn during the Gulf War in 1991. Before ISIS, I figured the flags would come off next season as the war in Afghanistan officially ends at the end of 2014. Now, probably not.

We will be at war for the foreseeable future. Orwell nailed it.

Boise State has a new helmet..

10655152_1627567757469560_1238581664_n.j

I do like the pop the chrome has against the blue, I don't really like the sticker logo on on side, and chrome on the other

I would love to see what the Boise St. helmet would look like with the oversized horse logo on both sides. I think it would look pretty good.

Seems pretty obvious they got that idea from the Calgary Stampeders.

Only if you don't know the history.

The running Mustang is SMU's, Calgary's version is a copy that is altered here and there.

You did read I was mostly talking about the chrome, and not the logo, right?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Notes for the weekend from uni watch

New jerseys for New Mexico (Turquoise used to be a school color a long time ago im guessing)

Bx06Zj6CAAA-cSj.jpg

Vanderbilt wearing the new jerseys...talk about a lack of consistency between that ugly gold jersey and this one with a completely different template

Bx09AkwIgAA9rmD.jpg

Oklahoma wearing alternates vs. West Virginia . feel bad for all the people here that will tune into the game and not recognize oklahoma because they are too lazy to look at the scoreboard graphic or helmet logo/text across the front of the jersey *sarcasm*

BxxRoKHIMAAhBks.jpg

Duke will have a throwback scoreboard to go along with the jerseys

Bx1nBY8IAAEad46.jpg

Side note... i really miss Rutgers red helmet

-be18032c263d15de.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Notes for the weekend from uni watch

New jerseys for New Mexico (Turquoise used to be a school color a long time ago im guessing)

Vanderbilt wearing the new jerseys...talk about a lack of consistency between that ugly gold jersey and this one with a completely different template

Bx09AkwIgAA9rmD.jpg

Oklahoma wearing alternates vs. West Virginia . feel bad for all the people here that will tune into the game and not recognize oklahoma because they are too lazy to look at the scoreboard graphic or helmet logo/text across the front of the jersey *sarcasm*

Duke will have a throwback scoreboard to go along with the jerseys

Side note... i really miss Rutgers red helmet

Unless they removed the "Anchor Down" NOB panel they won't be wearing these as they have been banned by the SEC.

1409350748000-anchor.jpeg

spacer.png

BxxRoKHIMAAhBks.jpg

Are the notches on the front supposed to represent hog tusks or stadium jaws? I keep forgetting!

BxxRoKHIMAAhBks.jpg

Are the notches on the front supposed to represent hog tusks or stadium jaws? I keep forgetting!

They're actually the spokes on the Sooner Schooner

BxxRoKHIMAAhBks.jpg

I was trying to explain to my Sooner friend how Nike was lazy and gave Arkansas and Washington the same template and pulled that "mimics the iconic ____" crap to sell it to the fanbase.

He thought it was hilarious and absurd and was shocked that a school would eat that up. And I forgot about Oklahoma's alternates being part of that mix.

Future awkward conversation coming.... :blink:

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On a another topic, what are yall's thoughts on the US flag on the helmets of both college and pro teams? It's been 13 years and they still have them on there. When will it be OK to remove?

NFL National Football League

NCAA National Collegiate Athletic Association

I dont think the flag will go.

We're still at war, whether officially or not, so expect it to stay.

Agreed. At some point when we no longer have troops involved in wars the flag will come off of the helmets, the NCAA basketball jerseys and tourney floors, and the NBA backboards. 9/11 Afghanistan/Iraq were why the flags went on and then stayed. Just like flag patches were worn during the Gulf War in 1991. Before ISIS, I figured the flags would come off next season as the war in Afghanistan officially ends at the end of 2014. Now, probably not.

We will be at war for the foreseeable future. Orwell nailed it.

I think these have gone from showing we are at war to we are an American league. The CFL put the Canadian flag on their helmets at about the same time and maintain them still.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

BxxRoKHIMAAhBks.jpg

I was trying to explain to my Sooner friend how Nike was lazy and gave Arkansas and Washington the same template and pulled that "mimics the iconic ____" crap to sell it to the fanbase.

He thought it was hilarious and absurd and was shocked that a school would eat that up. And I forgot about Oklahoma's alternates being part of that mix.

Future awkward conversation coming.... :blink:

there's a bunch of teams using this template

Archived