College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

I'm guessing that Purdue helmet is supposed to be camouflage, but it looks like a corkboard.

Someone tell me that's a concept and not a production helmet.

Look at the picture again. They are putting small pics of students and season ticket holders in the logo.

I really hope the Big 5 leagues realize that as soon as they cut out the smaller leagues they are hurting themselves. The interleague contests will make it near impossible for any team to run the table and there will be logjams for the playoff spots. The old D 1-A teams will drop down to 1-AA and they may end up in better shape because ESPN and the rest of the cable systems will need to fill in the rest of their schedules. Granted they will share with more teams. It'll be the English Championship all over again.

You can't be serious. You would rather Ohio State play Akron and Directional U than watch them play Miami or even Kentucky because you are concerned about their ability to go undefeated? And you think it would be better for D1-A teams to drop down because they might do better and get on ESPN more????

How is it fair to the smaller schools? Just because you don't have a stadium that seats 100,000 and coaches making $7 million a year, they don't get a chance? Do we really want to get rid of the underdogs like UCF, Boise, NIU, etc? I'm sure if TCU were still in the Mountain West you'd feel the same way. It's because of the current structure that TCU had the chance to move up to the Big12.

I agree that there are plenty of schools that the MAC, CUSA, and Sun Belt never should have let in. UMass, Georgia Southern, Charlotte? What did they do to deserve to move up? FBS should be made up of 6-7 conferences and that's it. If a school feels they deserve a shot they should have to prove it on the field as an independent or FCS success.

No they shouldn't because :censored: Akron.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope the Big 5 leagues realize that as soon as they cut out the smaller leagues they are hurting themselves. The interleague contests will make it near impossible for any team to run the table and there will be logjams for the playoff spots. The old D 1-A teams will drop down to 1-AA and they may end up in better shape because ESPN and the rest of the cable systems will need to fill in the rest of their schedules. Granted they will share with more teams. It'll be the English Championship all over again.

You can't be serious. You would rather Ohio State play Akron and Directional U than watch them play Miami or even Kentucky because you are concerned about their ability to go undefeated? And you think it would be better for D1-A teams to drop down because they might do better and get on ESPN more????

How is it fair to the smaller schools? Just because you don't have a stadium that seats 100,000 and coaches making $7 million a year, they don't get a chance? Do we really want to get rid of the underdogs like UCF, Boise, NIU, etc? I'm sure if TCU were still in the Mountain West you'd feel the same way. It's because of the current structure that TCU had the chance to move up to the Big12.

I agree that there are plenty of schools that the MAC, CUSA, and Sun Belt never should have let in. UMass, Georgia Southern, Charlotte? What did they do to deserve to move up? FBS should be made up of 6-7 conferences and that's it. If a school feels they deserve a shot they should have to prove it on the field as an independent or FCS success.

I wasn't talking about how fair it would be or even expressing my opinion on the matter at all. I was simply responding to the idea that the power 5 leagues would be hurting themselves by not playing the smaller schools.

That poster must not be very old, because before the BCS (particularly back in the 1970s and 1980s good teams actually played each other all the time in nonconference games. IMO, that would be better for college football (whether the good team is Ohio State or Boise State) than having everyone go 3-0 in non-conference games because they don't play anyone.

I pay $10k+ year just in season tickets to TCU and Texas. And I much prefer games when they play Ohio State, LSU, etc... than UC-Davis and New Mexico.

This is a simple game of the haves and have nots. The goal is for this new cartel of elite conferences to maximize revenue via tv contracts and divide that by as few members as possible. That target will be around 64-72 schools. Everyone else will be completely shut out and they will likely be forced to shut down because they won't have access to the revenue required to cover the operating expense of D1 football and they will likely not have the appetite to downscale expenses to D1AA levels. The only thing that will save the mid major programs is if somebody like comcast-nbc or fox offers a decent tv package out of the need to fill cable tv programming (as opposed to aussie rules or horse racing etc.)

Pretty much. And then once the P5 is done screwing over the G5, the top programs will then want to separate from everyone else. It probably won't happen immediately, but the Alabamas and Ohio States of the world won't be able to control their greed and thirst for power for very long.

That's why it amuses me when fans of nationally-irrelevant programs like Wake Forest, Wazzu, Mississippi State, etc. blindly defend the status quo because their programs lucked into joining the right conference last century. It's like they don't realize they're cheerleading for their programs' inevitable destruction.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I pay $10k+ year just in season tickets to TCU and Texas. And I much prefer games when they play Ohio State, LSU, etc... than UC-Davis and New Mexico.

And when they do play a big name school, they play in a neutral site location where the season ticket holder has to cough up even more dough to see one of the few exciting games on the team's schedule. Using A&M for example, the new Kyle Field is set to open in 2015. They will open the season in Houston against Arizona State. For the grand opening of the stadium, they will play Ball State....wooo? Texas' AD is talking about playing neutral site games in Mexico City. Its ALLLLL about money.

That's why it amuses me when fans of nationally-irrelevant programs like Wake Forest, Wazzu, Mississippi State, etc. blindly defend the status quo because their programs lucked into joining the right conference last century. It's like they don't realize they're cheerleading for their programs' inevitable destruction.

Ok, let's be realistic here. How many fans of these teams do you know have defended this. WSU, maybe, but no way for Miss St and Wake. Where's the fan defense? All the talk has come from AD's and school officials. You sound whiny as hell trying to justify why the Power 5 conferences are doing wrong (which is kinda true), but if Boise State was invited to the Big 12 or Pac 12, the school would take it in a heartbeat, and you couldn't do a thing about it.

P.S.: Even if Wake joined the ACC in the 1950's, at least we have a conference. Enjoy having no shot of making to the playoffs out of the Mountain West.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

It looks like they are putting on the finishing touches for OK State's new field:

ln3q.jpg

r4np9.jpg

c5lv.jpg

And I think I posted this before but it was buried:

helmet.jpg

For decades there were two OSU's that had a black/orange color scheme yet you could immediately tell which one it was. Now....not so much.

There are rumors that Illinois won't have their new navy jerseys or pants until next year. They will only have the orange and white jerseys and pants available this year. I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere yet though.

There are rumors that Illinois won't have their new navy jerseys or pants until next year. They will only have the orange and white jerseys and pants available this year. I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere yet though.

Very unlikely they put in way to much research, money, and effort in this rebrand to come rely overlook not being able to have their navy stuff their first year.

Very unlikely they put in way to much research, money, and effort in this rebrand to come rely overlook not being able to have their navy stuff their first year.
It's possible. I believe the same thing is happening to Syracuse. They aren't getting one of their jerseys, and maybe pants, until 2015.

It's possible. I believe the same thing is happening to Syracuse. They aren't getting one of their jerseys, and maybe pants, until 2015.

Nike had issues trying to get everything out in time for the NFL. They seem to take on too many projects at one time and can't fulfill it with their textile department.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Close.

They hocked the navy set to make up for shortfalls in state funding.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think illinois' best look is blue/orange/blue. Hopefully that's what they'll run with the majority of the year. Orange/blue/white is their next best look.

It looks like the only part if their uniform that will be navy this year will be the helmets.

Archived