NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Raptors alts are amazing. They are the perfect blend of their 2 most well-known uniforms without being gaudy or heavy-handed. Most likely thing, though, is they'll end with something bland and unimaginative, similar to what has happened with most NBA rebrands/new uniforms.

If I was placing money on who would pay the most for the NBA contract, these guys would be my bet:

Then it´s a good thing NBA executives and main boss does not think about money first.

0720_NBA_630x420.jpg

Crazy irony. The NBA is the only major sports league in the U.S. that doesn't have manufacturer logos on uniforms. Yet they are okay having a terrible sponsor logo?

From the NBA's perspective what is more important...the millions they get from the sponsorships or the millions they lose due to a drop in jersey sales?

If I was placing money on who would pay the most for the NBA contract, these guys would be my bet:

Then it´s a good thing NBA executives and main boss does not think about money first.

Crazy irony. The NBA is the only major sports league in the U.S. that doesn't have manufacturer logos on uniforms. Yet they are okay having a terrible sponsor logo?

From the NBA's perspective what is more important...the millions they get from the sponsorships or the millions they lose due to a drop in jersey sales?

It would not be a one-for-one. They'd make more money on the advertisement than they'd lose on their (already negligible) jersey sales.

However, from what I read, the league could make about $100 million on this. OK. That's a lot of money. But that breaks down to just over $3 million per team. I feel like it may not be worth it to "share" the visual notoriety with the sponsors, but I suspect if one quantifies it, I would turn out to be wrong.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

lining.jpg

No.
I'm not a fan either, I'm just saying it would make sense from a business perspective for both sides.

lining.jpg

No.
I'm not a fan either, I'm just saying it would make sense from a business perspective for both sides.

Combine that with chinese companies willing to pay a premium to either acquire or co-brand premium international assets I can see these guys as a legitimate dark horse. Given whats been in the press I'm thinking nike lowballs and we'll see under armour step in and win the contract.

It was refreshing to see Celtics in green and white again. I don't mind alternates but Boston went overboard this season.

The only alternate jersey they should have IMO, is the saint Patrick's one. That to me just screams celtics(green &ahold), did they even wear that this year?

It was refreshing to see Celtics in green and white again. I don't mind alternates but Boston went overboard this season.

The only alternate jersey they should have IMO, is the saint Patrick's one. That to me just screams celtics(green &ahold), did they even wear that this year?

The St. Pat's alt was worn two or three times just before March 17, like usual.

I feel the classic green and white uniforms have been seen more this year -- presumably due to the wordmark change. The grey alts are home-only, and they've mercifully toned down the use of the black-lettering alt, which was worn for every road game after the ASG in the 13/14 season.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm guessing it's another generic logo without any ship/nautical imagery?

Maybe they'll just rotate the basketball for another 45 degrees and call it a day.

clips2_zpsjakdoqle.jpg

So I guess they did rotate the ball again! Looks just like the ball in "my" logo! ;)

Los-Angeles-Clippers-New-Logo-Leaked.png

Archived