2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

A.J. Ellis injures his ankle and is on the 15-day DL. This, after celebrating Beckett's no-hitter by tripping on a discarded catcher's mask.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/10987315/aj-ellis-los-angeles-dodgers-put-15-day-disabled-list-no-hitter-celebration-mishap

HomerSimpsonFacepalm.jpg

How the hell did the Red Sox lose ten straight games? How is that even possible?

How did they win the world series last year?

At this rate, it'll be another one of those "one-year-flash-in-the-pan" championships. At the start of last season, many pundits predicted Boston to be dead-last again because of the remnants of Bobby V's "let them eat chicken and beer because I don't want to get along with management" clubhouse mentality, Napoli's injuries worsening, Victorino and Salta being free-swingers to nothing, and the bullpen throwing gaskets in the later innings.

Maybe those predictions were supposed to be saved for this season...ehh...I don't know, really...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Tigers are still struggling, to say the least. On the bright side, another Bay Bridge series might come in the Fall Classic if both Oakland and San Fransisco make it, as both teams have been dominating their respective leagues.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

The Tigers are still struggling, to say the least. On the bright side, another Bay Bridge series might come in the Fall Classic if both Oakland and San Fransisco make it, as both teams have been dominating their respective leagues.

That would suck, I dont mind the Giants but I hate watching games from Oakland that stadium is too damn ugly.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Awful (quality) caps of the Cubs proposition for the "Screw You Rooftop Bastards 2015-2020" Wrigley overhaul are out-ish:

Bopxtj_IQAAJzJM.jpg

Bop5zL9IUAEv1OE.jpg

Bop5bGgIYAA3C36.jpg

Bop4WmMIEAExLk7.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

At least the Red Sox are doing their part to uphold the "unwritten rules" of the game. Without them, it would be just chaos.

And what would that be, huh?

Please don't encourage him.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

T8sw2kl.png

Hah! You stay classy, St Louis

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

30 runs through nearly two games between Tampa and Toronto.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The worst game I've ever seen live.

854718818.gif

Any runner is out when —
(a) (1) He runs more than three feet away from his baseline to avoid being tagged unless his action is to avoid interference with a fielder fielding a batted ball. A runners baseline is established when the tag attempt occurs and is a straight line from the runner to the base he is attempting to reach safely;

THE DODGERS EXIST!!! I just saw them on ESPN. *shaking head at Dodgers Time Warner fiasco* I will say this, it always baffles me to see baseball fans and media when they scream about losing streaks and winning streaks. Of all the sports baseball is the one where things sort themselves out the way they should, the teams that make the playoffs deserve it and those that don't make it don't deserve to be there. When you play 162 games you're going to go on streaks both ways. I like what Tommy Lasorda once said, "You're going to win 60 and lose 60, it's what you do in those other 42 that matters." For the most part, that's true. I ignore streaks like the Red Sox 10 game losing streak, unless it's the last 10 games of the season.

Archived