New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't question the Pantone, you have done an AMAZING job!

I'm not sure the orange in the helmets accurately reflects the orange in the uniforms. The helmets are equipment and I'm not sure they follow the Pantone colors. Look at the helmets under natural light and you will see a difference. Many teams helmet's can't quite match the color in the uniforms.

Please don't take this as discrediting your work, just something I have noticed over the years.

I'm glad you pointed this out - there's a reason for it.

The Browns and Bengals BOTH use PANTONE 1655 C for their Orange, but use different CMYK breakdowns. Which in my opinion, is where a lot of the inconsistencies start.

Here's what the Browns use (or used, I will assume):

C-000_M-075_Y-100_K-000.png

My theory is that they've been matching to this particular color, regardless of how 1655 C actually looks when printing with Pantone inks. The two are much different.

Again proving why you are the "Man of Colors". Makes total sense. Thanks!

So is it just logos they're unveiling? Or will they go for a total reveal tomorrow?

Just the logo, uniforms are supposed to be later in the spring.

"Roll Along"

I just wanted to say that this is a beautiful football uniform. It's a shame we're losing it.

I think the Browns have one of the blandest identities in sports but I agree with this.

Yeah when I was a younger I was way more of a modernist but I'm definitely gonna miss this set (the gray masked version)

I tend to give Nike the benefit of the doubt but if they have pant graphics cut at a 45 degree angle or some kind of chest armpit insert then I will be extremely disappointed.

Looking at that page, I really like the helmet concepts. They keep with the classic styling of the franchise yet modernize the identity with custom helmet marks. I think they are fantastic.

cleveland_browns_05-02-320x320.jpg

cleveland_browns_02-01.jpg

That first one is absolutely amazing! It's perfect. I don't care for the second one, though.

I'm not sure the orange in the helmets accurately reflects the orange in the uniforms. The helmets are equipment and I'm not sure they follow the Pantone colors. Look at the helmets under natural light and you will see a difference. Many teams helmet's can't quite match the color in the uniforms.

Compare this image of OSU:

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20121020-20121020_kdl_ar9_111_27900957_387361.jpg.ece/BINARY/20121020_kdl_ar9_111_27900957_387361.JPG

To this of the Browns:

http://www.toledoblade.com/image/2013/11/17/800x_b1_cCM_z/Browns-Bengals-Football-Campbell-11-17.jpg

Please don't take this as discrediting your work, just something I have noticed over the years.

thr problem is you're comparing digital images on your computer/mobile. theres so many variables that come into play it's the WORST way to compare colors. different cameras, light, and especially JPG compression will alter color in images

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I assume that both the helmet and logo are being revealed tomorrow, right? I have a feeling that, while not the main mark, there will be a helmet logo somewhere.

Doesn't every team's helmet get used as a secondary logo now and then? For the most part, the Browns' helmet has always been a placeholder for a logo rather than an official logo consisting of a drawing of the helmet...what does the mothership say? ...The helmet is listed as a primary logo since 1970 with various templates. I may remember wrong, but at least until before the move I remember the helmet being used but with less of a standardized template and more variability in how the helmet was depicted.

Compare this image of OSU:

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20121020-20121020_kdl_ar9_111_27900957_387361.jpg.ece/BINARY/20121020_kdl_ar9_111_27900957_387361.JPG

To this of the Browns:

http://www.toledoblade.com/image/2013/11/17/800x_b1_cCM_z/Browns-Bengals-Football-Campbell-11-17.jpg

thr problem is you're comparing digital images on your computer/mobile. theres so many variables that come into play it's the WORST way to compare colors. different cameras, light, and especially JPG compression will alter color in images

I understand, that's why I was trying to find pics that were both in the daytime. The pics do give a good idea of how the shades of orange do differ and ColorWerx further explained how the two shades of orange differ. You really have to see them in person, but OSU's helmet is definetly a deeper/brighter shade of orange.

"Roll Along"

Archived