New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Cool, but it looks a little like the Joker from Batman... BTW, Tony Grossi has dispelled the PB rumor: https://twitter.com/TonyGrossi/status/569893534527922176

I think it looks more like a re-colorized Jim Carey from the Mask.

Anyway, I liked the idea when I heard it, but it needs to be even more "silhouettey". I am thinking side view and just brown (maybe with orange outline).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, but it looks a little like the Joker from Batman... BTW, Tony Grossi has dispelled the PB rumor: https://twitter.com/TonyGrossi/status/569893534527922176

I think it looks more like a re-colorized Jim Carey from the Mask.

Anyway, I liked the idea when I heard it, but it needs to be even more "silhouettey". I am thinking side view and just brown (maybe with orange outline).

I lolled.

The-Mask-jim-carrey-141773_285_325.jpg

Is this the final 24 hours of a thread being Clevejacked?

To answer your question... no, this won't be the final 24 hours of a Clevejacking since the entire thread is about a Cleveland sports team.

facepalm.gif

I am perfectly aware of that. What I meant was, once the Browns unveil their new uniforms, we are less likely to see "hey the Browns should do this..." in completely unrelated posts.

Is this the final 24 hours of a thread being Clevejacked?

To answer your question... no, this won't be the final 24 hours of a Clevejacking since the entire thread is about a Cleveland sports team.

facepalm.gif

I am perfectly aware of that. What I meant was, once the Browns unveil their new uniforms, we are less likely to see "hey the Browns should do this..." in completely unrelated posts.

No. Someone will say they need to change stuff up just like we have people saying the same stuff about Tampa Bay, Minnesota and Miami.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Well, Tony Grossi said it won't be a silhouette. According to the 'leak', it's not really a silhouette. So, technically he would be correct. However, I just can't see someone showing him the logos in advance. Any info he has about the logos, I think, is by word of mouth from someone within the team that's seen them and he's simply trying to relay them. For starters, if the PB logo is just a third, or the primary and not on the uniform at all, then players who've seen the uniforms, or team officials that have relayed the changes to the helmet or other logos may not have told him.

In the end, if the logo is changing simply because the helmets are changing, this is overkill. Last time the Browns went from white to grey facemasks, I can't even recall there being an announcement of the logo changing. It just changed. And from the gist of the league and new owner, the helmet is not a good merchandise logo. Which is where the big money is.

The new info coming out of this Reddit post makes this sound like it may very well be the most unique and awesome thing in the NFL by a long shot. We'll see.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/2wun1s/im_holding_new_browns_merch_in_my_hands_right_now/

The first is a lighter than we're used to Brown block C With a white outline. It's pretty straight forward.

The second is the new helmet. It's a darker orange with a broad Brown stripe bordered in white with what looks like little hats in the stripe like Seattle's wing pattern. Brown facemask too.

The final one is my favorite and if I had to guess, is bet it's the new primary logo. It's a sillouhette of a man from shoulders up wearing a derby hat but his chin is to his chest and the hat's brim covers all but his chin and a smirk. His hat is brown with a orange stripe. His coat is orange and his tie is brown.

I think it's Paul Brown and they can't show his face because of his son that owns the Bengals. But it's seriously bad ass.

A team that's been dying for a proper identity may finally get one.

I'm assuming the Reddit poster simply didn't know his/her hats. A derby is not the same as a fedora.

Let's just say that the Paul Brown logo is fact and will be the new primary... is anyone else terrified about what it could lead to on the uniforms?

Let's say the rumor is bogus because reddit.

Guys, I found the new Browns logo!!!!!

so4hkopak6906lsff6p5f5f2a.gif

Dick Tracy wants his hat back.

If the Paul Brown logo proves to be true and well-executed, then Cleveland would certainly win some Brownie points from me. :P

Seriously, though, it took them nearly 70 years to think, "Hey! Lets have a logo involving our team's namesake!" Honestly I'd like a secondary logo that's just a silhouette of P. Brown's fedora maybe on the shoulders or sleeves. At least Cleveland's getting an identity of some kind for the first time since the Brownie Elf era.

ICXC NIKA

If the silhouette rumor is false, then is the helmet description false too? Darker orange, white/brown/white stripes with hats in the stripes? Brown facemask?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If the silhouette rumor is false, then is the helmet description false too? Darker orange, white/brown/white stripes with hats in the stripes? Brown facemask?

IIRC, there have been at least 2 or 3 descriptions like that. Specifically, I've seen the darker orange rumor a lot. If I had to bet, I'd say that the new helmet will look like that.

I think Mike Brown and fam would have something to say about a division rival using their father's likeness as a logo.

I think if this were an issue (a) they would have fought back when the team returned for them not to carry the Browns name and (b- If this rumor is indeed true then it was already cleared with them prior to going forward with the design. Just my thoughts but we will see in probably less than 24 hours.

If the new helmet stripes are a reverse of the current and classic Braiser stripes I will flip a table. Not only do white-color-white stripes look worse in almost every instance, but that accomplishes nothing but to say "we felt like changing so here's a change for the sake of changing. This is different only because we felt like we had to make it different, not because it looks better".

It's not an improvement and it spits in the face of team history and established identity

I think Mike Brown and fam would have something to say about a division rival using their father's likeness as a logo.

I think if this were an issue (a) they would have fought back when the team returned for them not to carry the Browns name and (b- If this rumor is indeed true then it was already cleared with them prior to going forward with the design. Just my thoughts but we will see in probably less than 24 hours.

Two completely different scenarios. The Browns continued to use the name after they fired Paul Brown, but never tried to connect the identity to the former boss. By the time the team returned in 1999 very little about the franchise was connected with Paul Brown anymore and most of his involvement with the franchise was whitewashed from history. The only remaining connection was the name of the team, which by that point had grown to mean something completely different.

Now in 2015 they’re suddenly going to remember their origins because it might lend itself to some good logo imagery? Sorry, but if that is true, go f*** yourselves Cleveland.

Paul Brown was famously vindictive in Bengals-Browns matchups in the early years of the Bengals. He hated the Browns. He’d spin in his grave if he knew the Browns were using something about him as their logo. He’d also spin in his grave if he knew what his dumbass kid has done to his second NFL franchise, but that’s another story for a different thread.

PvO6ZWJ.png

To be fair, didn't most coaches back then wear that style hat? Just like ballcaps and visors are used today. I've been a Browns fan my whole life, know the history and never think of Paul Brown when I see a hat. The reddit rumor is most likely made up. Until I see an actual photo or the Browns announcement, I won't hold much stock in the rumors.

Archived