NHL should go back to white jerseys for the home team

Rays

I know it´s not logo related......but damm, it sucks so bad with dark/colored jerseys at home and the away team in white........they don´t do it in the NBA or MLB, home white look the best !

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not like every white jersey looks the same so I've never really understood the above argument... Especially now that we have High Definition TV. Switching to white at Home would either eliminate or complicate the third jersey program which I'm not in favour of.

It's funny though. When white was worn at home, I thought just about every teams white jerseys were visually superior. Once they switched, the opposite was true. The Calgary Flames (Back when they knew how to dress themselves) "C of Red" was a revelation.

Dark at home...especially with 3rds almost always being color. I hate when people compare other sports to other sports. This isn't soccer where there is one main kit and this isn't baseball where it really doesn't matter. And with a sheet of ice beneath the players, they don't need to buy the NFL BS argument with you need a white shirt at home for heat.

KISSwall09.jpg

I am under the assumption that when the league went back to "team colour at home" in the mid-2000's: it was actually reverting to the way it was decades before.

That being said, I kind of like what I believe the CHL does- swap colour and white after Christmas.
Gives the hometown fans a chance to see both team uniforms in action.

5amlwx.jpg

The NHL shouldn't have changed the system from 1970-2003. I think the other pro and junior leagues should make the colored jerseys the home jerseys, so we'd have some consistency from top-to-bottom in the hockeysphere.

UBwef0L.png

It's boring when you attend games and every team that visits is in white. Nicer to see variety.

100% this.

The NHL never had an issue with teams wearing white at home for 45 years.

If the NHL really wants to be a fan friendly league, let the fans decide.

I vastly prefer colors at home. White blends in too much with the ice; the home team should stand out.

I've never heard someone complain that a player blends in with the ice. Especially when they're wearing colored pants/breezers. Even on TV, the difference between player and ice is pretty obvious.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

As someone who has had season tickets in the past, dark at home gets boring in person after a while, because every matchup is the same.

As a fan of the team in general, and with all games shown on TV, I prefer the darks at home.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived