2014 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chargers look good in all white.

yea they do, the seahawks on the other hand look awful in those white pants.

Seahawks pants are grey.

really? Either way they look bad, looks like two different (top/bottom) uniforms.

what?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Chargers look good in all white.

yea they do, the seahawks on the other hand look awful in those white pants.

Seahawks pants are grey.

really? Either way they look bad, looks like two different (top/bottom) uniforms.

Boo. Seahawks Navy/Grey are nigh-old school, man.

I've never understood the hate for the Chargers uniforms. They have more motion than the previous set, and aren't nearly as drab.

As far as Seattle goes, I LOVE when they pair the blue jerseys and grey pants. Color balance seems a lot better from head to toe.

It because a) they went darker when everyone likes the brighter colored Chargers (its like if you weren't navy to begin with, don't do it) and b ) their brighter blue jersey set isn't a verbatim copy of their throwback instead of a modernized alternate. Which is something that the Patriots should do since they miss their throwback reds.

Falcons @ Bengals
I almost never comment on "matchup" threads because with few exceptions (MLB teams both wearing blue alts or color-vs-color games) I don't give the "matchup" much thought...I mostly consider each uniform on its own merit.
But I saw a few clips of this game today. Orange and red under bright sun (and how horrible these uniforms were overall) made this very jarring to my eyes. This has to be about the worst NFL matchup I've ever seen. Maybe if the Bengals did not have orange shoulders it would have been less jarring.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Falcons @ Bengals
ivM4G.jpgxl0sG.jpg
I almost never comment on "matchup" threads because with few exceptions (MLB teams both wearing blue alts or color-vs-color games) I don't give the "matchup" much thought...I mostly consider each uniform on its own merit.
But I saw a few clips of this game today. Orange and red under bright sun (and how horrible these uniforms were overall) made this very jarring to my eyes. This has to be about the worst NFL matchup I've ever seen. Maybe if the Bengals did not have orange shoulders it would have been less jarring.

Just curious, but what did you think of Chiefs vs Broncos?

^^

I saw a clip of that one after my post and I admit that it was jarring too. I guess it's the red/orange clash. The uniforms, of course, are not as ridiculous as the Bengals and Falcons uniforms, but I did not like it. I guess there is no way to totally remove the issue of a red vs. orange game (though the Bengals could have worn black vs Falcons white; that may have helped).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Seahawks finally drop that ugly all navy look. So, of course, they lose. Unfortunately this probably means they will refuse to dress like an actual NFL team for the foreseeable future.

You probably know that the Seahawks only wear the navy jerseys/wolf grey pants on the road when the home team decides to wear white. Has nothing to do with if they won or lost.

And how is an "actual NFL team" supposed to dress? Are all 32 teams supposed to look the same? That would be really interesting.

The Titans are just trying to be like the Pats, Texans, Chargers, Rams, Bears and Seahawks. That's only 7 teams that regularly sport the white jerseys/navy pants look.

Meanwhile, the number of teams who wear light blue pants is.....zero.

That is why so many people wish the Titans would s-can those navy pants and wear the baby blues. That and they look infinity better. Wear the navy jersey's if you'd like. But the navy pants should hit the hamper.

The Chargers would be smart to set fire to their navy britches too. That look sucks as well. They look really good in all white and could look good in white jerseys/yellow-gold pants. That would be an old-school look.

And someone else mentioned the Chiefs and their red pants. Pretty hard to believe that in the entire NFL, they are the only team that regularly wears red pants with white jerseys. Have never really understood why the Falcons have never introduced a red pant option to their set. With red numbers on their white jerseys, I think red pants would look good for the ATL. They'd be much better then the black pants looked (and differentiate them from their South rivals New Orleans and Carolina).

Phillip Rivers has the number "61" on the back of his helmet, instead of "17".

The Titans are almost unwatchable in those awful uniforms, especially against teams that wear navy. Who made the decision to do away with the light blue pants? They looked so good and and were so much more unique than white over navy, which is worn by so many other teams.

No other team in the NFL wears white helmets/white jerseys/navy pants.

Phillips wore number 61 to honor his best friend and center Nick Hardwick who is out with a neck injury.

spacer.png

Phillip Rivers has the number "61" on the back of his helmet, instead of "17".

The Titans are almost unwatchable in those awful uniforms, especially against teams that wear navy. Who made the decision to do away with the light blue pants? They looked so good and and were so much more unique than white over navy, which is worn by so many other teams.

No other team in the NFL wears white helmets/white jerseys/navy pants.

Phillips wore number 61 to honor his best friend and center Nick Hardwick who is out with a neck injury.

Thanks nuordr!

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Bengals actually wore orange socks yesterday, which I love.

Maybe it's because I was there in person, but I didn't think about the red vs orange matchup of the Bengals and Falcons. I then went to a bar and was grossed out by the Broncos-Chiefs game. That was far too much "warmth" in that matchup.

Maybe it's because the Falcons' black helmet or that I was watching the KC-Denver game, but one struck me and the other I didn't even think about.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I've never understood the hate for the Chargers uniforms. They have more motion than the previous set, and aren't nearly as drab.

The way I view it, it's very easy to loathe the Chargers current uniform set when they have the option to wear what so very many NFL and Chargers fans consider to be one of the best looking uniforms in NFL/AFL history.

628x471.jpg

CHIEFS%20CHARGERS%282%29.JPG

With the chargers, This is probably unpopular but the numbers on the old school set are so ugly. Alabama can rock helmet numbers because on them it looks good, but for some reason every other time it's been done it looks poor. Maybe has to do with the color Alabama uses. but the old school powder blues for the Chargers (minus helmet number) is amazing and wish they went back to it. They're close with the current alternate.

With the chargers, This is probably unpopular but the numbers on the old school set are so ugly. Alabama can rock helmet numbers because on them it looks good, but for some reason every other time it's been done it looks poor. Maybe has to do with the color Alabama uses. but the old school powder blues for the Chargers (minus helmet number) is amazing and wish they went back to it. They're close with the current alternate.

269a_lg.jpeg

This is my favorite NFL use of helmet numbers

As far as Seattle goes, I LOVE when they pair the blue jerseys and grey pants. Color balance seems a lot better from head to toe.

The Chargers current set is underrated around here. All of thier uniform combos are good. As for the Seahawks, their navy jersey and blue pants look is good.

Archived