2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UNPOPULAR OPINION: These are fine as a throwback alt but too dated to become a primary jersey. Love the colors but the striping would need updating.

Black and Yellow: Boston Bruins

Black and Gold: Pittsburgh Penguins

Oh Good Lord.

Bottom line........at least both teams each have their own colors now. ;)

Which is why I'm against Pittsburgh going back to *cough* Athletic Gold full time.

Considering multiple teams share red & blue, and red & black colour schemes, I really don't think it's a big deal to have two black & athletic gold teams.

Bottom line........at least both teams each have their own colors now. ;)

Which is why I'm against Pittsburgh going back to *cough* Athletic Gold full time.

Considering multiple teams share red & blue, and red & black colour schemes, I really don't think it's a big deal to have two black & athletic gold teams.

Don't forget blue and orange.

But the general reception for their new 3rd jersey seems to be that Pens fans want Vegas Gold gone.

It should have never arrived.

These are fantastic. Way to go, Penguins. I look forward to their eventual rise as your primaries.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Maybe the Ducks could take a hint from this...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That set was nice as a TWO THOUSAND! modernization, but they should have returned to their classic colors and logo after that. In fact, they never should have gotten away from them at all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What's your ideal for the Penguins, then? Something based on this design but without some of the datedness? I know they could stand to lose the triangles on the breezers, for one thing.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I agree with some of the other less than enthusiastic posters here. It's a nice jersey but not necessarily something that should become their full time outfit. Instead of some of the truely classic jerseys (say the Habs or even the Devils) it just feels like a product of its era and not something timeless.

You… you called it an outfit. How can say such madness! It's a UNIFORM!!!

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Archived