Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this official??

CTkyno1WoAEknUw.png

edit: looks like nike let the cat out of the bag http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/nfl/color-rush?ref=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FEgOo9qPFFe#UwzKUJEeSu

The first thing that comes to mind is that the Jaguars are going to die of "epidermal suffocation."

I just love that Titans uniform. None of this navy nonsense, they need to just keep going with the light blue.

Agreed. Not only do I like them better in columbia blue vs navy, I even like the mono columbia set.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!! Jaguars?? Why Nike?? :puke::puke::puke:

I was hoping for so long to get mono teal which never happened even though we had the pants ( 02-08 set). I was also kinda hoping if we did the Gold jersey it would be the new gold and not the old but that's a personal opinion. I am intrigued if the lid is full matte black though.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

They are getting us all ready for the onesies! I saw it in my uncles book years ago. It had a chapter in the back about the future of football and there was a picture of a dude in a onesie

My library had that book! The origin of my interest in sports uniforms... there was a full-faced clear plastic mask in lieu of a traditional facemask.

I just love that Titans uniform. None of this navy nonsense, they need to just keep going with the light blue.

Agreed. Not only do I like them better in columbia blue vs navy, I even like the mono columbia set.

giphy.gif

The navy unis are fundamentally nicer than their mutated counterparts. In the words of Eminem, "they're worse when they're reversed." The careful balance of color the team has maintained since '99 will likely be slaughtered with the next uni change.

You just can't pull off metallic gold as a base color with these modern fabrics. It ends up looking dull and too much like a shade of brown or khaki. Unless you're putting dazzle nylon back into jerseys, don't attempt metallic gold or silver.

Which is what the Dallas Stars said when they rebranded.

newsig.jpg

I'll need to see it on the field instead of a weird little image, and I don't like the mono uniform set as a whole... but I think I like the shade of gold that Nike came up with for the Jags uniforms. To me, it doesn't look like the drab mustard from the old Perds thirds, nor does it look like 49ers khaki, nor does it look like Saints buttered popcorn good. I think it might be the best metallic color we've seen on a flat fabric.

Hmm. That is interesting.

Would they have missed such a glaring mistake I wonder? Or was the initial teaser shot a while back and the final product ended up changing? I have no clue. I just really hope that the latest teaser is closer to correct. I like that shade of gold better, plus I like the black stroke on the outside better than the teal on the outside.

Ordinarily I'd think the photoshop is wrong and the jersey they actually produced is correct, but I'm with you. I like the later alignment better. Blue and gold next to each other are more likely to visually blend together into green, the way they do on the Chargers' uniforms.

Just to 'pile on' - Houston doesn't have Columbia blue as a color option, since it isn't in their current color scheme nor in its historical color scheme. Oakland DOES have gold as a historical option, FWIW.

I hope none of this comes to fruition.

It's where I sit.

CTnsWnIWsAA4wyL.jpg

Is that a Color Rush jersey or just a fashion jersey? Either way, I actually like it . . . just not with gold pants (and gold socks).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived