Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see anything wrong with the Jets logo, other than it looking more like a rugby ball and the shade of green is too dark.

Jets look can be so easily improved it's annoying that it hasn't been done. Embrace the green. Also, stop wearing black cleats, black tape, black gloves, black guards. Green or white. Those are your colors.

smog3s5t00aokuv4xhgn2ebqt.gifover 2099_new_york_jets-home-2012.png

On this site of all places, I'd expect the bar to be higher than "the green team from NY."

Don't confuse your personal preferences with an objective "high bar."

The Jets aren't an old old team like the Packers or Bears, but they still come from an era that didn't put as much emphasis on including mascots in logos. The oval NY is the perfect modernization of the Nameth-era logo, in my opinion. Which works for the Jets.

If a high bar is objective, where I set it is a personal preference. Again, you're ignoring a tremendous amount middle ground between "mascots in logos" and a design that maintains elements of the classic wordmark while re-assimilating the franchise's namesake in a contemporary way.

Take this thrown-together edit for what its worth ;)

291m7mv.jpg

A far cry from "mascot" or "kid-themed" - NY dominant with a subtle accent that elevates the team name beyond a clumsily-branded afterthought for the green team to wear on their sideline gear. The Bills wisely kept their 80's logo through numerous relaunches because it cohesively brands both the city and franchise names. The Jets could do the same by simply implementing minor details from prior elements from existing logos.

I don't think it's necessary, but I'd be fine with an edit like that. Nice work. It does look kind of awkward with the thing pointing to the right though. Is there some way to make it start at the Y and cut in to the N (basically reverse it)?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't think it's necessary, but I'd be fine with an edit like that. Nice work. It does look kind of awkward with the thing pointing to the right though. Is there some way to make it start at the Y and cut in to the N (basically reverse it)?

Looks like an abstract Nike logo on the bottom

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

A couple thoughts on the implementation of this league-wide next season:

If every team is going to wear these once, do they:

A - wear them on Thanksgiving but not for the next week's Thursday Night game?

or

B - not wear them on Thanksgiving but have the other four Thanksgiving teams play in the two late season Saturday Night games (would seem to restrict Thanksgiving scheduling a bit)?

Note: For those who don't know, every team plays either on Thanksgiving or one of the CBS/NFL Network Thursday Night games. This comes out to 17 games, so they pick two of the Thanksgiving teams to play each other the Thursday after Thanksgiving.

Also, if every team has to wear their brightest color, does this mean the end of the now-traditional Browns-Bengals Thursday night matchup? Even in this day and age of uniforms having increasingly less of a practical function (see illegible jersey numbers), a mono-orange on mono-orange game between two orange-helmeted teams seems to be a step too far, especially for a league as uniform conservative as the NFL to introduce first. Before anyone brings up baseball, who is on what team in baseball is easily identifiable, even with no uniforms, and pro baseball still mandates white pants for the home team and neutral color pants for the road team.

The negative space lends itself to a right-pointing jet, but I can give it a shot!

Looks like an abstract Nike logo on the bottom

:lol: Now I can't unsee it... here's something less (but still) rushed:

2je6yz9.jpg

My point is simply that the franchise can stay true to both its heritage & namesake by creating a logo that acknowledges both.

Yeah, but that 80s logo was terrible. They're better off not "acknowledging" it.

Nah, it was pretty cool, and far more appropriate for Jets than the older (and sort of current) logo, which looks like it was designed for a 1930s bicycle brand. Signed, an 80s kid.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

A marriage, maybe?

jet_zpss2g6y3bh.png

I've spent some time tinkering with that NY logo, but with the "jet" streaking to the right from the top of the N, above the Y (this approach requires a slightly shorter Y or an extended upper arm of the N).. Tried it in white within the green circle and also by itself in green.. I liked both and thought they each could have potential, but never finished the concept.. I'm all for a "marriage" of those two logos though

I've spent some time tinkering with that NY logo, but with the "jet" streaking to the right from the top of the N, above the Y (this approach requires a slightly shorter Y or an extended upper arm of the N).. Tried it in white within the green circle and also by itself in green.. I liked both and thought they each could have potential, but never finished the concept.. I'm all for a "marriage" of those two logos though

29pt4d2.jpg

This:

29pt4d2.jpg

Is a major step down from this:

291m7mv.jpg

The more abstract version is definitely the better one.

...what if you just colored in the wing between the N and Y, and then add in the other side of the wing below it? Make it look like a big gray slash straight through the gray you already have.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I don't like the gray though, as it's infringing on the Eagles scheme a bit. Maybe kellyish green as the main color and forest as the slash thing?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well since the Jets logo is now on the clock on this week's edition of CCSLC tangents of interest, I'll chime in and say they really should look into giving their logo a facelift. I remember seeing a concept around these boards that did just that and it was spectacular.

Midway.png

I think that's the best way to go about things. I don't want any return to the green and black or the jet script or anything from the (shudder, deep sigh, deep inhale) "New York Sack Exchange" era.

I'd love a return of the Kelly green and black. The '90s uniforms were great; among my all time favorites in football. Ideally, the Jets would make their current uniforms in Kelly green, or just go back to what Namath wore. But since Nike and Reebok before them have no interest in making the stripes properly, and the Jets aren't going to make an issue out of it, it's probably best for all if they just go back to kelly green and black. Heck, they've already used black in their merchandise for over a decade, and it looks awful with forest green.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with the Jets logo, other than it looking more like a rugby ball and the shade of green is too dark.

Jets look can be so easily improved it's annoying that it hasn't been done. Embrace the green. Also, stop wearing black cleats, black tape, black gloves, black guards. Green or white. Those are your colors.

smog3s5t00aokuv4xhgn2ebqt.gifover 2099_new_york_jets-home-2012.png

I completely agree. Black and forest green are not a good combo. Kelly green and white are amazing. Only change is I would use their current NY logo on the helmet. A much stronger mark.

944.gif

Archived