Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My issue with the Cowboys jerseys is that there's no silver in the jersey itself, but there is on the pants and helmet. That's a huge no-no.

This may be a bit heavy on the silver but it adds it to the jersey.

Cowboys.jpgCowboys2.jpg

The top one, but with silver as the outline on the shoulder numbers instead of the number itself would be ideal IMO

To me, this looks great:

tit-13-alllightblue-2-620x967.jpg

This is terrible:

tempColorRush1_2--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

The socks absolutely killed it for me.

Besides the socks, what was the difference?

That's the only difference, but it completely changes the look of the uniform. Navy socks connect to the navy shoulder stripe, creating balance throughout the uniform. It also avoids the leotard look that many despise.

My issue with the Cowboys jerseys is that there's no silver in the jersey itself, but there is on the pants and helmet. That's a huge no-no.

This may be a bit heavy on the silver but it adds it to the jersey.

Cowboys.jpgCowboys2.jpg

The one the right is what the Boys should've done. That completes the jersey and gives it a really sharp look.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Would someone be kind enough to Photoshop black socks on the Panthers and navy blue socks on the Cowboys please?

12246790_10102366208256892_3652907040822

Thank you, and what about the Cowboys?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

CURUEMZXIAANPN4.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I agree. And someone make sure the Nines get the memo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Would someone be kind enough to Photoshop black socks on the Panthers and navy blue socks on the Cowboys please?

12246790_10102366208256892_3652907040822

or

12241451_10102366216620132_4782974270090

The black jersey blue pants combo would be incredible if it wasn't for the silver helmet.

So essentially it wouldn't be incredible. The blue pants might work with the white jersey but certainly not black.

With the Raiders it's a huge yes-yes

george_atkinson_1968_12_29.jpg

The Raiders have silver outlines around their numbers. Either way it's not a fair comparison.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Found it!!

NFL75.jpg

From that 75th anniversary book... the "future of football".

YES! That's exactly what I remember seeing! You can't tell me this color rush crap isn't getting us ready for an evolution of the uniform. Wasn't Nike the supplier during this season?

1994 was Wilson, Starter, Apex, Russel, and Champion.

Reebok did a few in 95, then Nike picked up a few in 96 (DAL, DEN, JAX, OAK).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Found it!!

From that 75th anniversary book... the "future of football".

YES! That's exactly what I remember seeing! You can't tell me this color rush crap isn't getting us ready for an evolution of the uniform. Wasn't Nike the supplier during this season?
Dude, we have pretty much had that uniform for years now, just not all as one piece (which will probably never be practical). The only big departure is the clear face mask. We have advanced, skin-tight fabrics everywhere, plenty of monochrome looks, and the ability for wacky stripes and numerals all over the place. Congratulations, you're living in the future.

Archived