NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I...think I like Cleveland's? I'll reserve any further judgement for the full reveal, but that's not half bad. 

IMO, this is the right way to incorporate navy into the look, without it being overbearing.  Stick to wine and gold for primary colors.  

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I'm shocked to be thinking this....but I love those Cavs jerseys.

I'm in the same boat.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Honestly? I thought you all would hate it. I guess I was wrong.

Oh, give it time. I'm sure it'll come under heavy scrutiny once it's officially revealed. The other thing is that aside from the reveal, another portion of the judgment will be reserved for how they'll look in action. Certain jersey designs have grown on me as a result of watching them in-game.

I'm fine with the wordmark and number fonts; I generally like how the color scheme is deployed.  That side trim, though.  It looks a little too much like what Nike used on some of their System of Dress era college uniforms. 

5 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Can't say i'm a fan of the new Cavs uniform, mainly due to piping, navy waistband and how bright the "wine" is when compared to previous versions they've used.

On 6/29/2017 at 8:48 AM, Old School Fool said:

Atleast tell us how different the Cavs are. What are we dealing with here? Are we talking piping? Loud numbers? Stupid use of black? The return of the 80's CAVS wordmark for no reason?

On 6/29/2017 at 9:32 AM, Magic Dynasty said:

Kind of, yes, no, no.

5977a1c30ab75_didisaythat.jpg.b15cf7073145be6195d23ad7c1acb30b.jpg

:P

ExJworW.png

24 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Can't say i'm a fan of the new Cavs uniform, mainly due to piping, navy waistband and how bright the "wine" is when compared to previous versions they've used.

To be totally honest, I'm glad it's brighter. If they're going to insist on using navy and black, it's going to contrast better.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I think I like this Cavs jersey, mostly because it reduces the blandest look the franchise has ever had. With side panels on the shorts (like the jerseys they took inspiration from), it would've been a great look. But as it was, it just ended up being lifeless as hell.

6fQjS3M.png

I don't think I like anything about this new set based on the leak.

-I've always been against the navy and black while using the bright gold

-The design reminds me of the Hawks and seems modern/bland

-CAVS on the belt? THE HOOK C IS PERFECT FOR A BUCKLE UGH

-The whole thing feels like a re-invention of the wheel when we have several solid identities to choose from and build with

-Somehow it's more boring than the current look

-They've basically abandoned the throwback classic look idea to go back to being modern except looking worse than the last two sets

But maybe it'll look better in HD.

16 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

The Cavs uni would have looked good if it came out in something like 2010, now it already looks dated.

I'll go farther back but yeah, it looks like something straight out of the mid-00s. 

XM4KeeA.png

Archived