Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Recommended Posts

I think OKC’s alts are really good, but not even close to greatest ever. I could probably name 20 or 30 better individual uniforms than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I think OKC’s alts are really good, but not even close to greatest ever. I could probably name 20 or 30 better individual uniforms than that.

 

oh yeah? do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

 

oh yeah? do it.

 

Well, alright then. 

 

Better in my my personal opinion (no particular order):

- 90’s Mavericks home

- 90’s Mavericks road

- Pre-Nike Celtics home

- Pre-Nike Celtics road

- Pre-Nike Bulls home

- Pre-Nike Bulls road

- 90’s Bulls pinstripes

- 80’s-90’s Magic home

- 80’s-90’s Magic road

- 90’s Magic alt

- 90’s Nuggets home

- 90’s Nuggets road

- Rainbow Nuggets road

- Rainbow Nuggets home

- FloJo Pacers home

- FloJo Pacers road

- Pinstripe Pacers home

- Pinstripe Pacers road

- 70’s Rockets home

- 70’s Rockets road

- 80’s-90’s Rockets home

- 80’s-90’s Rockets road

- Spurs home

- Spurs road

- 90’s Spurs home

- 90’s Spurs road

- 70’s Jazz home

- 70’s Jazz road

- 70’s, 80’s-90’s Knicks home

- 70’s, 80’s-90’s Knicks road

- 90’s Suns home

- 90’s Suns road

- Inagural Suns home

- Inagural Suns road

- 00’s Hawks home

- 00’s Hawks road

- 90’s Lakers home

- 90’s Lakers road

- Irish Rainbow Bucks home

- Irish Rainbow Bucks road

- Bucks Home

- Bucks Road

- 80’s Sixers home

- 80’s Sixers road

- Run TMC Warriors home

- Run TMC Warriors road

- 70’s Warriors home

- 70’s Warriors road

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

 

oh yeah? do it.

Literally every regular home and away Bulls uniform, plus a couple of their black alts. Both the traditional home and away Celtics uniforms, plus their Pierce-era St. Pats. alternates. Every primary uniform the Blazers and Lakers have ever had. The Warriors’ uniforms from the 60’s-early 80’s, plus their Run TMC sets. And those are just the easy and classic ones that come to mind, let alone some of the more specific examples @FinsUp1214 posted above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

For those who didn’t catch the game last night, here’s a look at how the Sixers’ red uniforms looked on the court:

r960-ac684532dd62b44724957048d9111caa.jp

 

 

OKC finally has a good uniform. It only took them a decade.

 

Sixers uniform would be fine for a Christmas day game and nothing else. The cursive looks silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any explanation for the Sixers script having that weird random bump between the "i" and the "x?" It's bugging me and I know it's been noted but there doesn't seem to be an explanation out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

Is there any explanation for the Sixers script having that weird random bump between the "i" and the "x?" It's bugging me and I know it's been noted but there doesn't seem to be an explanation out there.

 

That's what happens when you design logos using dafont.com.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

OKC finally has a good uniform. It only took them a decade.

 

Sixers uniform would be fine for a Christmas day game and nothing else. The cursive looks silly.

It would look silly if green on on the uni. The set is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

 

Well, alright then. 

 

Better in my my personal opinion (no particular order):

- 90’s Mavericks home

- 90’s Mavericks road

- Pre-Nike Celtics home

- Pre-Nike Celtics road

- Pre-Nike Bulls home

- Pre-Nike Bulls road

- 90’s Bulls pinstripes

- 80’s-90’s Magic home

- 80’s-90’s Magic road

- 90’s Magic alt

- 90’s Nuggets home

- 90’s Nuggets road

- Rainbow Nuggets road

- Rainbow Nuggets home

- FloJo Pacers home

- FloJo Pacers road

- Pinstripe Pacers home

- Pinstripe Pacers road

- 70’s Rockets home

- 70’s Rockets road

- 80’s-90’s Rockets home

- 80’s-90’s Rockets road

- Spurs home

- Spurs road

- 90’s Spurs home

- 90’s Spurs road

- 70’s Jazz home

- 70’s Jazz road

- 70’s, 80’s-90’s Knicks home

- 70’s, 80’s-90’s Knicks road

- 90’s Suns home

- 90’s Suns road

- Inagural Suns home

- Inagural Suns road

- 00’s Hawks home

- 00’s Hawks road

- 90’s Lakers home

- 90’s Lakers road

- Irish Rainbow Bucks home

- Irish Rainbow Bucks road

- Bucks Home

- Bucks Road

- 80’s Sixers home

- 80’s Sixers road

- Run TMC Warriors home

- Run TMC Warriors road

- 70’s Warriors home

- 70’s Warriors road

 

 

 

So I tend to disagree with a lot of your takes, but besides maybe the pinstripe Pacers, I agree with your list completely. That being said, I do love the new OKC alt. It will be interesting to see if Nike creates other uniforms with that as their template. By the way fins, good Jazz game last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

So I tend to disagree with a lot of your takes, but besides maybe the pinstripe Pacers, I agree with your list completely. That being said, I do love the new OKC alt. It will be interesting to see if Nike creates other uniforms with that as their template. By the way fins, good Jazz game last night. 

 

Hey that’s okay! Different opinions are what makes the board great! And thanks! I wish we hadn’t lost Gobert again, but otherwise it was nice to pick up a W after the recent skid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FinsUp1214 said:

 

Hey that’s okay! Different opinions are what makes the board great! And thanks! I wish we hadn’t lost Gobert again, but otherwise it was nice to pick up a W after the recent skid.

Good to know he should be back in 3-4 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Teal said:

Good to know he should be back in 3-4 weeks.

 

Yep, and Favors will fill in okay in the meantime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I'd rather have the gaudy '90s jerseys back after seeing most of this garbage.

jerseys.jpg

Rockets and these 76ers still doesn't stand the test of time but I'd take multiple colors or variations of these than 75% of the NEW statement & city unis.

-------------------------------------------------------------

76ers,Rockets, Raptors are easy fixes.

 

76ers - Move the rainbow of stars to a vertical side panel, and use only "SIXERS" across the chest.

 

Raptors - remove the dino and maybe modify the pinstripes. (simple fix)

 

Rockets - use only "Rockets" as a wordmark, eliminate the pinstripe PLEASE. Otherwise this is just a pinstripe Golden State uniform.

 

My 2 cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Is there any explanation for the Sixers script having that weird random bump between the "i" and the "x?" It's bugging me and I know it's been noted but there doesn't seem to be an explanation out there.

 

I am sure Nike could come up with something compelling.

 

I agree, I hate the script. Not just the bump, but how thin it is compared to the width of the number font.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Clippers Jersey is fantastic. Those should be their colors full time. If the full uni has nautical flags on it I might cry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, pepis21 said:

 

NBA, entertains and teaches.
I also didn't know anything about that strike, but when I try to learn something about it I noticed that signs in National Civil Rights Museum got a red font color not black, so Memhpis jersey shouldn't has red accents?

Womp womp, Memphis.  Faaaaail.

 

6 hours ago, DeFrank said:

The OKC alternate uniforms are the best single uniforms in NBA history.

:Oo:

 

22 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

 

And this would be exactly why they did it.

 

To me, educating people about real, important events that shape culture and society is far more valuable than filling racks with cliché throwaways.

G'point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The Timberwolves are busting out the lime green today.

B) My eyes are ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Is there any explanation for the Sixers script having that weird random bump between the "i" and the "x?" It's bugging me and I know it's been noted but there doesn't seem to be an explanation out there.

 

Its part of the x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now