Bmac

NHL 2017-18

Morgo    2,124

Anniversary logo in embroidered form.  Is it just me or does that shoulder patch look plastic like on the Premier Replicas?

2Q1EEf5.jpglGgr3TH.jpg

WSU151    2,395
Just now, Morgo said:

Anniversary logo in embroidered form.  Is it just me or does that shoulder patch look plastic like on the Premier Replicas?

2Q1EEf5.jpglGgr3TH.jpg

The shoulder does look like it's screened...but maybe you can see embroidery ridges at the bottom of the letters (??)

Ice_Cap    7,585

I never got the love for the navy and copper Oilers. Nor do I understand the desire to get the Oilers out of royal blue and into navy. 

insert name    1,320

I've been flip-flopping on whether or not I actually like that the Oilers are changing colors and uniforms.

A part of me feels that this is such a cash grab. The Oilers finally get back to being contenders and they ditch the classic look? Man, I just don't like that. 

Morgo    2,124

I like the new Oilers uniforms but this was perfection.  I hope it at least comes back in the form of an alternate.

LYuHsW1.jpg

twi    271

That shoulder patch looks like what we are used to seeing on the RBK replicas. For comparison I'll post a picture of that patch from a game jersey tonight. 

Sodboy13    2,547

That shoulder patch is definitely screened twill, sewn onto the jersey. Same treatment as the old Reebok replicas.

If that's what $200 gets you now, what kind of trash are those Fanatics jerseys gonna be at $130?

Sodboy13    2,547

So here's another thing I don't get about the supposed tiers of jerseys: We've got Fanatics Replica, Adidas Fauxthentic. and Adidas Actual Authentic Made In Canada. Now, the actual authentics are allegedly not going to be made for sale. So if that's the case, and if these new uniforms are all about speed and performance and weight reduction, why not just fully sublimate the dang things? There's your hockey sweater, lighter than ever, more comfortable than ever because it doesn't bunch up around several large sewn-on elements. If you don't have to worry about stuff like perceptions of value to the consumer because you aren't actually selling this outside of those who use it as a work uniform, why are you keeping the counterproductive doodads on it?

WSU151    2,395
8 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

So here's another thing I don't get about the supposed tiers of jerseys: We've got Fanatics Replica, Adidas Fauxthentic. and Adidas Actual Authentic Made In Canada. Now, the actual authentics are allegedly not going to be made for sale. So if that's the case, and if these new uniforms are all about speed and performance and weight reduction, why not just fully sublimate the dang things? There's your hockey sweater, lighter than ever, more comfortable than ever because it doesn't bunch up around several large sewn-on elements. If you don't have to worry about stuff like perceptions of value to the consumer because you aren't actually selling this outside of those who use it as a work uniform, why are you keeping the counterproductive doodads on it?

Oddly...Reebok did this with the chrome-looking Stadium series crests a few years ago, right?  

Gothamite    5,869
8 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Thats sort of what some soccer teams have done, to cut down on chafing.  But they keep embroidering the badges on all retail versions because the real things look too cheap.

My guess is that sublimating all the elements will mean they don't look quite the same as the "authentics" offered for sale.   And that everybody in the industry knows that the whole "lighter!" thing is total nonsense. 

Chico    147

That Lightning 25th anniversary patch bears a striking resemblance to the Devils 25th anniversary patch.

7yn9s2l3hh3bhz4hegvv.gif

2Q1EEf5_d.jpg

Surf    76
4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Thats sort of what some soccer teams have done, to cut down on chafing.  But they keep embroidering the badges on all retail versions because the real things look too cheap.

My guess is that sublimating all the elements will mean they don't look quite the same as the "authentics" offered for sale.   And that everybody in the industry knows that the whole "lighter!" thing is total nonsense. 

Exactly, i was looking at soccer jerseys at nike.com, and the game jersey cost twice as much as the replicas, but the game jerseys, as you said, had pressed on logos. it´s the complete opposite as the world we know :blink:

I wonder what exactly makes those game jerseys so expensive

dont care    1,442
1 hour ago, Surf said:

Exactly, i was looking at soccer jerseys at nike.com, and the game jersey cost twice as much as the replicas, but the game jerseys, as you said, had pressed on logos. it´s the complete opposite as the world we know :blink:

I wonder what exactly makes those game jerseys so expensive

The fact that it's the same as what their favorite players wear. There is a lot of value for that to customers. It's not what it's worth for the manufacturer to produce it.