kimball

Something i thought was pretty funny about charlotte bringing back this gradient court design is that the throwback home uniforms they are going wear next season were never used on this court design. This court design was introduced in 1996, the same year charlotte tweaked their set to have side panels. The new throwbacks are based on the early 90s verisons without the side panels.

https://twitter.com/hornets/status/1026846338435166210?s=20

Edit: I found a video from the 95/96 season where the hornets had this verison of the court with their original uniforms.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JELKK said:

Something i thought was pretty funny about charlotte bringing back this gradient court design is that the throwback home uniforms they are going wear next season were never used on this court design. This court design was introduced in 1996, the same year charlotte tweaked their set to have side panels. The new throwbacks are based on the early 90s verisons without the side panels.

Edit: I found a video from the 95/96 season where the hornets had this verison of the court with their original uniforms.

I'm just glad they're using the '95-97 version of court with the honeycombs. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, JELKK said:

The court was used from 1995-97. They didn't tweak the uniforms until the 1997-98 season.

47 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Is that actually what the 9 looks like in that font? How have I not seen that before? That's awful!

Rashard Lewis wore 9 in the black throwback, and so did Vucevic lol there was no 9 during that era

1153e_Auc47_med.jpeg

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, BShaw20 said:

The star on the shorts....it seems very off

It looks accurate to me. I think it looks off just because Nike moved the indent in the shorts forward, so the star is no longer centered over it like it used to be.

s-l300.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

If you're celebrating your 30th anniversary don't you think you should go with your original uniforms?

orl-magic-1990s-home-675x380.jpg

classicjersey_640_010203.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

One player wore a 9 during that uniform era - Tim Kempton in wore #9 for 3 games November 1997. Basketball Reference says Gerald Wilkins wore #9 in 1996-97, but all the Getty images from that season are #21.  

And no one wore a 6

28 minutes ago, Ark said:

One player wore a 9 during that uniform era - Tim Kempton in wore #9 for 3 games November 1997. Basketball Reference says Gerald Wilkins wore #9 in 1996-97, but all the Getty images from that season are #21.  

And no one wore a 6

Gerald wore 9 when Nique joined in 1998-99, the lockout season aka the 10th. First season of the dazzle jersey.  Kempton probably never played, I honestly don’t remember who he is. Only 6 I know was Ewing.

spacer.png

Archived