Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

4 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

I think we mightve seen a teaser of the "remastered" Nashville Sounds set to be released later today.  This video of the Titans showing support was on Twitter today with what I assume might be a new hat:

https://twitter.com/nashvillesounds/status/1063133530560098306

Correct. That hat & logo were showed off by a local sports radio station on Tuesday:

Triple-hate “NASH” on the front of the jersey. Let’s seriously cut it out with stupid unnecessary* city abbreviations already. Other than that, not awful. The strings going down the shoulders and arms is a decent idea and those script wordmarks are really nice from what I can see, though they should be on the main home and road and not on the alts only. 

* “PHILA” is necessary and always acceptable.  “NASH”, “PHX”, “ATL”, etc. certainly aren’t.

• Like 6

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I think the sounds took a huge downgrade from the guitar pick logo. What’s up with El Paso? They have such a unique identity and logo and they seem to only want to be EP stuff or Diabolos stuff lately.

KISSwall09.jpg

6 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

New Sounds gear

I’m glad they ditched the overdesigned previous identity (was I the only one who hated it?), but this is a bit of an overcorrection with a poor gimmick in the “Nash” wordmark. I still like the scripts and “N” insignia.

6 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I’m glad they ditched the overdesigned previous identity (was I the only one who hated it?), but this is a bit of an overcorrection with a poor gimmick in the “Nash” wordmark. I still like the scripts and “N” insignia.

I completely agree, this set has a nice throwback look to it, and that red jersey is beautiful. I also think red/blue works better than red/black. Does anyone know what the hats for the Booyah! Look like?

Nashville Sounds singing a different tune with new logos

November 16, 2018 - 14:10 PM

Four years after their last major rebrand, the Nashville Sounds overhauled their brand once again. The “remastered” Sounds look is a departure from the wackiness that has defined minor league baseball in recent years. While the last few weeks alone […]

Read More...

I like it… but I think that there really isn't any reason to change it. Their previous look was great and unique, but this one is very reminiscent of the nearby (and league rival) Louisville Bats. A modernization/simplification with a roundel and blue/red color scheme. The logo set is fine, but I have a problem with the new colors.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

El Paso Chihuahuas introduce new alternate logos

November 16, 2018 - 23:42 PM

In many ways, the arrival of the El Paso Chihuahuas in 2014 signaled the full arrival of the era of the wacky minor league logo. They weren’t the first, but they became the poster team, the mascot everyone pointed to […]

Read More...

9 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Nashville Sounds singing a different tune with new logos

November 16, 2018 - 14:10 PM

sounds-logos.jpg

Four years after their last major rebrand, the Nashville Sounds overhauled their brand once again. The “remastered” Sounds look is a departure from the wackiness that has defined minor league baseball in recent years. While the last few weeks alone […]

Read More...

Thank G-d we got a break from the Brandiose madness.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

I like it… but I think that there really isn't any reason to change it. Their previous look was great and unique, but this one is very reminiscent of the nearby (and league rival) Louisville Bats. A modernization/simplification with a roundel and blue/red color scheme. The logo set is fine, but I have a problem with the new colors.

Louisville and Nashville are, believe it or not, in different leagues. Louisville is in the International League, Nashville is in the Pacific Coast League, for some reason. So they aren't really rivals, they never play each other.

Thought I'd point that out.