College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

FSU screwed up the new jerseys. Love the garnet numbers, but subtle differences like this will irritate me because it's so minor. They are using the new template and cutting the collar short which is different to the home and alt jerseys. I really hope they put them all on this template now, though I will dislike the collar tweak.

68win8.jpg

FSU would look so much better if they used the same size pattern from the collar on or near the cuffs. It just doesn't look like it's meant to be blown up as much as it is on the sleeves. The garnet numbers are a huge improvement, though.

Oh yeah, and kudos to A&M for a great throwback. The tire tread does feel really out of place, but it's great nonetheless.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap... Aggy's throwback helmet is incredible! It seriously looks stitched-together!

If only Adidas hadn't ruined it by getting lazy with the rest of the uniform. :rolleyes:

I think their number set has two fundamental problems:

The kerning between the 1's:

AO4C3219-e1410482897346.jpg

The fact that the 5 is just an upside down 2:

12-ALFORD.jpg?w=850

Glad somebody mentioned this,but i was tinkering with the WVU number set that posted this board not to long ago and i made adjustments to the aforementioned 1 and 5 made it a bit more cosistent w/ the rest.

the original:

900x900px-LL-531ac042_8665362095_ebedd1f

the modified:

900x900px-LL-531ac042_8665362095_ebedd1f

To add onto that here it is with a fixed 3.

9ogdDa7.png

Not bad, but the 2, 4, and 7 could still use some work.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Since it's HGI, I believe the numbers on the front are decals, but the rest of the helmet (the stitching) is a hydroskin. No actual stitching involved.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Since it's HGI, I believe the numbers on the front are decals, but the rest of the helmet (the stitching) is a hydroskin. No actual stitching involved.

It looks like the stripes are decals as well. Also i'm seeing some inconsistencies in the facemasks. Some of them have white paint under the clips while others don't.

adidas-texas-am-1939-throwback_helmet-2.

It looks like the stripes are decals as well. Also i'm seeing some inconsistencies in the facemasks. Some of them have white paint under the clips while others don't.

I'm still in awe at how good that helmet looks.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

yes the white parts are decals, which is a really smart decision. it sells the look of them being a leather piece that is sewn on

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Hate to say it but A&M has the best damn throwbacks I've ever seen in college football.

I agree. If only the look wasn't ruined by the modern day Adidas logos everywhere.
The frustrating part is that they've had some nice retro looks like michigan and notre dame in the past and it looks like they just mailed it in from the neck to the ankles.

That helmet though, is still blowing my mind. Are the side stitches hand painted or is it part of the wrap? Anyone know?

from best i can tell those stitches are hand painted

vKznDJU.pngxtLCnHW.png

They are, according to the press release via UniWatch:

Texas A&M’s helmet, produced in concert with Hydro Graphics Inc. and Riddell, is dark maroon with a hydro film leather-like texture featuring wing and cross graphics created using high-resolution photographs of an actual helmet worn by the 1939 team. The helmet also features simulated stitching, wear-and-tear, and raised ear protection painted by hand via HGI artists on each shell to further enhance the appearance of a vintage helmet.

Each helmet shell carries a stenciled “AMC” brand, referencing the “Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas” as Texas A&M was known in 1939, on the rear portion of the helmet, just as the original version did 75 years ago. This brand signifies that each helmet was custom-made for Texas A&M. More than six staff hours went in to create the unique appearance of each individual helmet.

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

from best i can tell those stitches are hand painted

vKznDJU.pngxtLCnHW.png

They are, according to the press release via UniWatch:

Texas A&M’s helmet, produced in concert with Hydro Graphics Inc. and Riddell, is dark maroon with a hydro film leather-like texture featuring wing and cross graphics created using high-resolution photographs of an actual helmet worn by the 1939 team. The helmet also features simulated stitching, wear-and-tear, and raised ear protection painted by hand via HGI artists on each shell to further enhance the appearance of a vintage helmet.

Each helmet shell carries a stenciled “AMC” brand, referencing the “Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas” as Texas A&M was known in 1939, on the rear portion of the helmet, just as the original version did 75 years ago. This brand signifies that each helmet was custom-made for Texas A&M. More than six staff hours went in to create the unique appearance of each individual helmet.

This looks really cool, but how much is all this costing?

Louisville has a new flat black/grey camo helmet. Only seen a picture of the back.

Here is the uniform: those tire treads look 100x worse on gray jerseys

10730967_10152499170713507_5405411460373

all grey with black helmets = total seriousness for tonights game. If it would have been all black, they would be out for blood...

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived