This almost has to be fixed, how does a team win 3 of 4 years, and only have a 1.7% chance for the number one this year. It really is a joke, but hey, I'm not complaining B)

The real joke will be when the Cavs are in the lottery yet again next year after already getting three #1 picks in four years.

6cphie5heyvfwn6lbzfowe61h.gif

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleveland has a history of outthinking themselves and doing dumb :censored: in the draft. They took Bennett last year for absolutely no reason and passed over Drummond the year before that so they could take an undersized 2 that needs the ball to be effective. I'm looking forward to seeing how they screw this one up.

Honestly, it's time to drop the lottery crap and just do a normal draft format like the NFL. It's not fair to franchises like the Bucks and Sixers who are trying to start their rebuild, or like the Nuggets, Suns, and Timberwolves who have never picked first overall, that the Cavs are getting bailed out yet again for their own incompetence.

The Celtics have never had a #1 pick either. Or do they not count because the people running the team aren't idiots?

Oh I can already guess:

Breaking News: #1 Pick Joel Embiid To Undergo Reconstructive Back Surgery, Miss 2014-15 Season

GR30a5H.png

Wiggins will be a nice fit for us! Screw everyone that hates on Milwaukee!!! The Brewers can get it done, why can't the Bucks? New owners are gonna be all over this! Milwaukee rising! Sick of being a laughing stock and all. And tonight put me over the edge.

packchampionslfroh.png

Wiggins will be a nice fit for us! Screw everyone that hates on Milwaukee!!! The Brewers can get it done, why can't the Bucks? New owners are gonna be all over this! Milwaukee rising! Sick of being a laughing stock and all. And tonight put me over the edge.

Oh, not hating on Milwaukee! In fact, now all the pressure to screw up the #1 pick is on Cleveland. Comfy comfy!

GR30a5H.png

Screw everyone that hates on Milwaukee!!!

Bucks haters exist?
We call them NBA free agents.
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Man I was hoping to see a Lakers 1 Celtics 2 situation, if you could get Kobe at 13 the 7th pick doesn't feel as bad, and at least I don't have to worry about the Lakers trading the pick for someone they can sign after next season.

The NBA is insanely boring when the Lakers and Celtics are in the gutter really not to fond of having to root for the spurs in the playoffs.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

And Cleveland likes the Cavs again.

How does that even happen? The NBA ought to institute a rule that you're ineligible to get the #1 pick if you've had it twice in the last three years and are still in the lottery.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well...that was unexpected. This doesn't help the NBA shed its questionable image, though to be fair I felt that either the Lakers or Celtics were going to land the top 2 picks. And Utah landed right where I thought they were going to land: 5th. :/

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I don't see why all leagues don't do the NFL-style Draft where the worst team gets the first pick.

I remember hearing some host, don't remember who, suggest that the team that missed the playoffs with the best record, get the top pick and so on and so forth. He thought that would prevent teams from tanking

The Cavs getting the #1 pick AGAIN is crap! I almost wish the NBA would reward teams for NOT tanking, like the Suns. Instead, every year, the top pick goes to the same garbage teams who waive the white flag by December.

6uXNWAo.png

If this is just the beginning of the Lakers' losing cycle, it's time for the NFL to come back to LA.

As a Laker fan, I am embarrassed by the tantrums thrown by other Laker fans over not getting the #1 pick. I say, the #7 pick could be a blessing in disguise in the long run.

The NFL should've started a lottery after the Panthers picked #1 in two straight drafts, and after the Colts sucked for Luck.

The Cavs getting the #1 pick AGAIN is crap! I almost wish the NBA would reward teams for NOT tanking, like the Suns. Instead, every year, the top pick goes to the same garbage teams who waive the white flag by December.

It's not as if the Cavs were tanking themselves. Sure we like to put down Dan Gilbet and Cavs management, but the team did improve this season. Sure they're no where threatening for a title yet, but they could make a jump like the Wizards next season.

I saw, I came, I left.

Just to further Cleve-jack...

You guys are forgetting this IS Cleveland. Just like when the Browns had a great first round of the NFL draft, and then the story promptly leaked that Josh Gordon was going to be suspended. SOMETHING is going to happen to ruin our fun.

Just a couple of things that I could see happening within the next 24-48 hours:

• Josh Gordon learns that he is suspended for all of next season.
  • Parker and Wiggins decide that they would rather play in Europe instead of the Cavs
  • Kyrie Irving tears his MCL and ACL
  • Dion Waiters has a party and gets busted for drugs and is suspended for the year
  • The Indians get sold to Charlotte or Virginia Beach

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Clearly the Cavs post-Lebron logo and color scheme is 1.7% lighter, allowing their lottery balls to get sucked into the machine more easily.

Also, daughter of Bucks owner Mallory Edens represented the team last night. In addition to gaining thousands of Twitter followers, she was wearing the cartoon Buck logo on her shirt.

But I suppose I should take that to the logo board.

You do realize the Cavs were in the thick of the playoff race with two weeks left in the season, right? They hardly tanked.

But it doesn't fit your " :censored: all over Ohio at every possible opportunity" narrative so you couldn't just admit that. :rolleyes:

---------------------------------

Anyways, don't overthink this, David. Take Wiggins. He's the guy with the best chance of being a true franchise player. If Irving, Waiters, and Wiggins could all figure out how to play together? That's a great opportunity there.

Also, yeah, Bennett wasn't the pick last year but who would've honestly done a much better job? I'd have still taken Nerlens Noel but meh, whatever.

Wouldn't be shocked if they deal the pick to make a run to win now but I think it'd be the wrong answer. You've got a hell of a lot of young talent potentially coming through the pipeline here.

6fQjS3M.png

And Cleveland likes the Cavs again.

How does that even happen? The NBA ought to institute a rule that you're ineligible to get the #1 pick if you've had it twice in the last three years and are still in the lottery.

2013-14 Cleveland Cavaliers attendance was 87.2 PCT. Making them 16 out of 30 teams. Better attendance than 5 NBA playoff teams. Seems to me Cleveland supported them pretty good for a team going on 4 seasons of no playoffs. In fact their attendance was almost identical to your Columbus Blue Jackets 87.6 PCT. Except Columbus attendance was 27 out of 30 teams.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Archived