2014 NCAA Football Thread

Chicageaux

To no surprise Maryland blasts JMU 52-7

CJ Brown runs for 3 TDs and passes for another

Always thought Brown was an underrated quarterback let alone duel-threat quarterback

Granted it was against JMU and only the first game, if he keeps this up he could (this may sound crazy to some) end up being a heisman darkhouse (it's never too early for predictions)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San Diego State Will Wear “TG” Stickers On Helmets To Honor Aztec Legend Tony Gwynn

Tony Gwynn is perhaps the greatest athlete in San Diego State history, and the school has done many things to honor the former Aztec baseball and basketball star, who passed away in June. While Gwynn never played football at SDSU, the football team will be honoring him on the field this season, wearing “TG” stickers on the back of its helmets.

BwUDPf8CQAA3sZi.jpg

From http://collegespun.com/homepage/photo-san-diego-state-will-wear-tg-stickers-on-helmets-to-honor-aztec-legend-tony-gwynn

There is also a "TG" with a spear below it on both 25ish yard marks of the football field.

JeKhnr9.png

To no surprise Maryland blasts JMU 52-7

CJ Brown runs for 3 TDs and passes for another

Always thought Brown was an underrated quarterback let alone duel-threat quarterback

Granted it was against JMU and only the first game, if he keeps this up he could (this may sound crazy to some) end up being a heisman darkhouse (it's never too early for predictions)

Maryland just needs to stay healthy. They were on fire last year, then had about 5 catastrophic injuries against Wake Forest and the season was shot. The year before, they went through 4 quarterbacks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Tech beat W&M 34-9.

I'm pretty happy with the performance, Brewer played well, threw over 250 yards and 2 TD's and an INT that wasn't his fault. The running game looked good, and Tech nearly had 500 yards of offense. Not bad for a team that sucked on offense all season. Sure it was an FCS team, but it wasn't that bad.

But, they definitely need to score TD's in the redzone if they plan on challenging Ohio State next week.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Gators-Vandals game is still delayed. Muschamp on field about ten minutes ago, shaking his head and checking the field. Hope they get the game in, but weather isn't looking good. Last I heard kickoff for 9:50pm (I assume they mean eastern time, but base on weather it could be Pacific time).

Edit: So they kickoff in Gainesville. A player named Showers runs a short kickoff inside the Idaho 20 yard line. Then lightning again. Another 30 minute minimum delay...

Just let the Gators score and call the game, lol.

Just before 11pm/ET Florida-Idaho game Terminated. Two options - Play Oct 25th or call game no contest. Does Idaho realyl want to return to Gainesville?

Why don't they just resume game Tomorrow? Sure there are reasons and rules, but a little confused. Go Gators.

Gators-Vandals game is still delayed. Muschamp on field about ten minutes ago, shaking his head and checking the field. Hope they get the game in, but weather isn't looking good. Last I heard kickoff for 9:50pm (I assume they mean eastern time, but base on weather it could be Pacific time).

Edit: So they kickoff in Gainesville. A player named Showers runs a short kickoff inside the Idaho 20 yard line. Then lightning again. Another 30 minute minimum delay...

Just let the Gators score and call the game, lol.

Just before 11pm/ET Florida-Idaho game Terminated. Two options - Play Oct 25th or call game no contest. Does Idaho realyl want to return to Gainesville?

Why don't they just resume game Tomorrow? Sure there are reasons and rules, but a little confused. Go Gators.

I was there. By the time they called it it was 11-ish and didn't really seem like it was going to let up. I still wanted them to play it, but I have to be up at 4:30, so it's probably best they didn't. I had fun, though... my seats were just barely covered, so the most of the rain I had to deal with was just a little mist. The real frustrating part is that the weather map looked like the bad weather was just over Southeast Gainesville, heading Northwest over and beyond the stadium, and just dissipating. It was just constant over/around the stadium and didn't seem to be in the surrounding areas.

They did say if they reschedule the game it will be completely restarted, which is probably best since they only managed to play 10 seconds to start with.

IUe6Hvh.png

Well, why can't they just play the game tomorrow and go from there?

No need to have Idaho come back when they have a common open date (October 25th) and there's really no need to scrap this game because it would force both schools to try and scramble for 12th game to replace this one (or stay at 11).

No need to have Idaho come back when they have a common open date (October 25th) and there's really no need to scrap this game because it would force both schools to try and scramble for 12th game to replace this one (or stay at 11).

I don't know. I hope they try again tomorrow night but since it storms like that every damn night, that could end up similarly.

I've never heard them use the word "terminated" as opposed to "postponed" when referring to a game that wasn't played due to weather, but they did say tonight's game was "terminated". That could, however, be in reference to the fact that the game will be started from the top should they reschedule.

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't know. I hope they try again tomorrow night but since it storms like that every damn night, that could end up similarly.

I've never heard them use the word "terminated" as opposed to "postponed" when referring to a game that wasn't played due to weather, but they did say tonight's game was "terminated". That could, however, be in reference to the fact that the game will be started from the top should they reschedule.

Charter flights.

Anytime that plane is not in the air is time an airline losing money.

865055433.gif

For you non-Nebraska fans, Westerkamp was the same guy who reeled in the infamous Hail Mary from last year's Northwestern game as a freshman.

the-catch.gif

On top of that, Nebraska's 784 yards were the most EVER by a Big Ten team.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Chubb

Me and my friends chuckled at this too :D

And let's here all those SEC haters now. Sure Bama looked a bit off, but big wins for Georgia and LSU too!

How about those Gamecocks though! "Big Spurrier" (the 65-foot poster of him at the stadium) isn't happy about their piss-poor performance on Thursday.

Archived