2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

How come most of you complain about the hem/yoke difference in this instance, yet I've never heard of anyone complain about the Bruins inconsistency?

Bruins50.png

Bingo! I would argue that a jersey looks better with those two design elements being different.

It's an apples and oranges comparison. On the Bruins jersey, the yoke and the stripes aren't supposed to be similar. There's no cohesion intended. The yoke and trim are totally separate elements. On the Blues jersey, they clearly intended for them to either match or at least be consistent. You have the same colors in the same order, except for that white stripe. The yoke and trim are close enough that they kind of clash. I don't think you'd hear the same criticisms if they had a totally different pattern.

Does it ruin the jersey? Of course not. But IMO it keeps it from being as good as it could have been.

I think Admiral was being a little generous. I'm going to give it a 9.15 / 10.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About time the Blues got back to the good jersey look!!! I love it... and was so glad the Blue note logo wasnt gonna be changed.. .so whew.. however I wonder if the Blues will bring out the 1967 jersey look as a 3rd alternate? Would be great to see the classic Blues jersey from 1967 used as well?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Yes, yes, yes.

I don't mind the yoke not matching the hem and arm stripes because the numbers pick up the pattern instead. That and the royal blue crest are why the white uniforms are a little ahead of the blue ones.

Yup. Royal Blue > Navy Blue. Makes the homes look too dark.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Actually, you know what my favorite part about these jerseys are? The fact that the bottom of the hem is completely navy, blending in with the pants.

If I quickly scanned through the jerseys on NHLuniforms correctly, I think the Blues are the only team to have this characteristic.

IMO they look fine, same as the pre-edge. Personally I think using only a single color of Blue would look better, but I understand this is their look. The best element to me? The socks. Something about just royal, white, and yellow looks clean to me.

Here are some stills of Oshie and Pietrangelo wearing them:

Oshie_Blue_BluesJerseys2206_slide.jpgOshie_Blue_BluesJerseys2210_slide.jpg

Oshie_Blue_BluesJerseys2222_slide.jpgPetro_White_BluesJerseys2176_slide.jpg

Petro_White_BluesJerseys2164_slide.jpgPetro_White_BluesJerseys2186_slide.jpg

They look stellar. The socks especially look superb!

Actually, you know what my favorite part about these jerseys are? The fact that the bottom of the hem is completely navy, blending in with the pants. No longer is there that awkward curve of the jerseys that Reebok has "blessed" us with. The illusion of the good old flat CCM jerseys is now here. :D

Well done St. Louis. This is an upgrade IMO. Well done!

baltimoreravens.png

I HATE the shoulder design and stripes. Coming from a blues fan, this is def an upgrade but still sucks. 7/10. They had a chance to make this great, but screwed up as usual per blues.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

From the worst set in the league to arguably the best - well done! I thought I'd hate how the navy is dominant on the roads, but since it blends into the gloves and pants, the jersey ends up looking predominantly royal and blue on the full uniform. My only gripe is the total absence of navy on the road socks.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

From the worst set in the league to arguably the best - well done! I thought I'd hate how the navy is dominant on the roads, but since it blends into the gloves and pants, the jersey ends up looking predominantly royal and blue on the full uniform. My only gripe is the total absence of navy on the road socks.

Worst set in the league? Really?

Awesome! Very pleased with these! The Blues are back!

Were they ever here? Yawn boring like the team! Wakie Wakie
I'm surprised you're still interested in the Blackhawks after they traded away Brandon Bollig.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The whole patch is a mess, just like their logo and their franchise.

I don't get the point of comments like this. :Oo: Yeah, you can dislike the patch, but there are about 20 franchises in the league right now who would gladly swap their histories with the Islanders.

Not to mention the team was just sold to some pretty wealthy individuals and they're moving into the newest (and most profitable) building in the league next season, in the most popular borough of the biggest city on the continent. Calling the Islanders franchise a "mess" right now is about as ill-informed as it gets, and is a lazy trope that's brought out every year by hacks in the Canadian hockey media.

No it's hardly uninformed nor a lazy trope brought out every year by the Canadian hockey media, the franchise is a mess and has been a mess for easily the last 25 years. From the owners suite to the GM's office to the coach it's a mess. The deal to sell is going to cause a mess...of litigation from Barroway.

Ironically enough the Coliseum on the new patch looks more like the cooling tower at Shoreham than the Coli.

Here are some stills of Oshie and Pietrangelo wearing them:

Oshie_Blue_BluesJerseys2206_slide.jpgOshie_Blue_BluesJerseys2210_slide.jpg

Oshie_Blue_BluesJerseys2222_slide.jpgPetro_White_BluesJerseys2176_slide.jpg

Petro_White_BluesJerseys2164_slide.jpgPetro_White_BluesJerseys2186_slide.jpg

They look stellar. The socks especially look superb!

Actually, you know what my favorite part about these jerseys are? The fact that the bottom of the hem is completely navy, blending in with the pants. No longer is there that awkward curve of the jerseys that Reebok has "blessed" us with. The illusion of the good old flat CCM jerseys is now here. :D

Well done St. Louis. This is an upgrade IMO. Well done!

The only thing I'll miss from the old set was the C and A patches with serifs. Wish they kept them.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

9/22... Blues at Stars in the pre-season. That will be one of the best looking matchups in the league this season. I think the Stars' home and the Blues' road are the best looks in their respective sets.

9/22... Blues at Stars in the pre-season. That will be one of the best looking matchups in the league this season. I think the Stars' home and the Blues' road are the best looks in their respective sets.

Also the two newest. I'm glad with the steps teams are taking to look better these days.

Lest Tampa screws it up in a month.

Archived