Ask A Moderator

How to phrase this suggestion as a question, hmm?

Is it possible to configure the IPB software to limit the number of quotes inside quotes? It's kind of annoying when we get this every few pages, scrolling through the same post 5+ times, especially for those of us who view the CCSLC on mobile devices.

LARGE IMAGE

one line comment

medium sized image followed by a few sentences

Long essay, for example:

Nulla facilisi. Cras vel sollicitudin odio. In cursus, ante id vulputate aliquam, felis dolor iaculis mauris, nec pellentesque dolor purus at lectus. Aliquam erat volutpat. Nulla porttitor suscipit consequat. Proin euismod diam eget tellus porta gravida. Cras blandit tellus nec ligula ultrices non pharetra elit feugiat. Sed sed justo tellus. Mauris sed augue id metus consectetur pretium.

Donec eget erat metus, nec rutrum odio. Praesent et lectus at turpis tempor lacinia. Maecenas cursus suscipit dignissim. Sed id mauris a enim molestie luctus sed nec sem. Vestibulum velit ligula, blandit et porta nec, luctus non libero. Donec ut libero id odio cursus ultricies ac vitae ipsum. Proin nec est quis lectus vulputate dictum. Curabitur ac vehicula augue. Cras porttitor luctus justo, non vehicula leo semper ac. Curabitur lobortis, massa sed euismod tincidunt, arcu nisi tincidunt quam, non condimentum nisl odio et arcu. Integer nec massa orci, in molestie sem. Fusce dolor leo, pretium at adipiscing vel, sodales a lacus. Nulla dictum aliquet risus eu feugiat.

Phasellus molestie, sem vitae rutrum luctus, erat magna luctus nulla, nec consectetur eros massa eget lorem. Etiam a ultrices eros. Quisque feugiat iaculis neque ac laoreet. Nam porta urna euismod felis tempus rutrum. Sed dui nisi, pulvinar pharetra vulputate sit amet, gravida sit amet sem. Integer condimentum mi a nisi bibendum molestie. Sed eget magna sit amet dui facilisis ornare ac eget tellus. Morbi egestas convallis faucibus. Vestibulum mollis condimentum enim eget porttitor. Ut ut ipsum condimentum purus volutpat ullamcorper a luctus augue. Nulla rhoncus lobortis odio eget tempor. Phasellus vulputate viverra augue id eleifend. Aliquam imperdiet, justo sed convallis faucibus, orci neque auctor mauris, sed mollis erat nunc ut urna.

Proin libero justo, cursus lacinia hendrerit sit amet, pulvinar id sem. Nullam semper est at risus interdum nec rutrum mi dapibus. Phasellus neque sapien, viverra sit amet blandit eu, porttitor sit amet tellus. Cras odio felis, cursus at egestas et, pretium eget ante. Quisque ac nisi ac sapien dapibus blandit. Donec sapien nisi, elementum sodales adipiscing vel, aliquam sit amet lectus. Aliquam diam ante, sodales in fermentum ut, malesuada sed risus. Curabitur imperdiet porttitor ipsum, vitae laoreet mi luctus volutpat. Suspendisse potenti. Fusce auctor pulvinar sem id suscipit. Nulla facilisi. Fusce vitae dapibus justo. Pellentesque porta augue lacus. Phasellus neque erat, rutrum eget bibendum eu, volutpat cursus nunc.

Proin malesuada felis quis justo dictum a feugiat eros pellentesque. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Praesent vulputate cursus posuere. In vel sagittis turpis. Fusce vestibulum ornare urna, ut vestibulum purus lacinia molestie. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Mauris vel elit eget ligula congue mattis sit amet ac diam.

three line response

image with reason why the last post is wrong

another essay

Quote this post and? :cursing:

• Like 1

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

A little while ago they did that (limiting the number of quote tags to 3 while the rest appeared as

text), but it got kind of annoying when all the quotes were relevant to the point you were making. I think it would be better to jut encourage people to delete all the unnecessary stuff while they reply, or to do what I just did and make a post directed at you instead of replying.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 3 weeks later...

I accidentally hit "Mark Board As Read" on the bottom of the mobile page, is there any way to undo this?

Right as soon as something new comes up, it will go away.

I should probably know this but, How do you link to a specific post?

You should be able to click on the post # in the upper right of that specific post. It should cause it to be auto-linked for you to do whatever you want to use it for.

Also, I remember seeing before that you can view statistics of specific threads (like who has posted the most times in a given thread). How do you use this feature?

Just change the thread number in the URL.

Semi-related, but I bookmarked that link under the NHL Season thread, and now I can't view stats for that thread (I can for all others, though).

Also, I remember seeing before that you can view statistics of specific threads (like who has posted the most times in a given thread). How do you use this feature?

To see the stats of the thread, just click on the amount of post under the stats column when you're looking in one forum.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• 3 weeks later...

Who specifically is allowed to award posters with the highly-coveted CCSLC POTD ribbon?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Who specifically is allowed to award posters with the highly-coveted CCSLC POTD ribbon?

Anyone with a degree from a fully accredited institution of higher learning.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Anyone with a degree from a fully accredited institution of higher learning.

Sweet! I can give it out now. Screw the fact that I need my degree to get licensed....this is what I got my degree for!

Nobody, it's not even a real thing. Just something arbitrarily nominated and awarded.

Well done. Misinformation is the only way to keep the tightly guarded POTD process a secret.

Don't let Joshawaggie fool you Chawls. He's on the inside. He knows how it really works. Get that first ribbon and you'll get to be on the inside too. A rotating panel of previous winners, and the 26 members known as the "Majestic 12" make up the POTD committee. They are the only ones who really know how the process works.

Aw is loooooooooooooogooooooodude mad he hasn't received one? Thought you didn't care about them bra?

He claims he has received a "highly-coveted" POTD, but there is a lot of speculation that it's actually a "teeny-bopper" ribbon. Those don't really count. "Teeny-bopper" ribbons are hard to keep track of but when the committee comes across one, it is immediately retracted. To my knowledge, loooooooooooooogooooooodude doesn't fly his POTD ribbon so there's no way to know if his ribbon is legit or not. The investigation is ongoing.

BB52Big.jpg

Nobody, it's not even a real thing. Just something arbitrarily nominated and awarded.

Well done. Misinformation is the only way to keep the tightly guarded POTD process a secret.

Don't let Joshawaggie fool you Chawls. He's on the inside. He knows how it really works. Get that first ribbon and you'll get to be on the inside too. A rotating panel of previous winners, and the 26 members known as the "Majestic 12" make up the POTD committee. They are the only ones who really know how the process works.

"The Inside"? :huh: Thanks for inviting me to the meetings.

Aw is loooooooooooooogooooooodude mad he hasn't received one? Thought you didn't care about them bra?

He claims he has received a "highly-coveted" POTD, but there is a lot of speculation that it's actually a "teeny-bopper" ribbon. Those don't really count. "Teeny-bopper" ribbons are hard to keep track of but when the committee comes across one, it is immediately retracted. To my knowledge, loooooooooooooogooooooodude doesn't fly his POTD ribbon so there's no way to know if his ribbon is legit or not. The investigation is ongoing.

Well the ribbons are produced in Maryland, and you know how those people are.

"The Inside"? :huh: Thanks for inviting me to the meetings.

We haven't rotated to your turn to be on the committee yet. Your packet is in the mail. Burn after reading.

BB52Big.jpg

Since I received both the Post of the Day and Worst Post of the Day with the same exact post, mine is cancelled out and I'm not part of a secret society?

F that.

• 2 months later...

Is anyone else seeing that the fonts on the main page (not the actual posts but the main home page) are large when viewed in IE 8? I've checked my IE settings and they're normal, and I'm not seeing this with any other site.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.