Ask A Moderator

2 hours ago, JackieMoon said:

I would like to have my account deleted. I will no longer be following "pro sports" and wish to have my account erased. Thank you.

The best thing to do is to go out in a blaze of glory.  Start a thread and go on an tirade, using every censored word you can think of.  Hell - go around the stupid rated-G swear filter.  It might be the first time anyone here had ever heard any of these words, considering this is a place for nuns and is better than every single other site on the internet, but let loose.  I'd even work in a few racial slurs too.  A popular one right now starts with "r", but there's other ones out there that get people's attention too.

You won't have to worry about your account being deleted.  It'll just "work itself out."

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 1 month later...

Hey, logged in for the first time in a very long while and saw the new rules. Not a huge deal all around, but I did have 2 points. it should go without saying, but there didn't appear to be a rule about stealing other people's art. Part of why I've been so dodgy being on here is I apparently designed HC Yugra's logo for free. Granted, it's not like the mods can do anything about anyone copying or downloading images and submissions here end up on Google image results, but just venting for the sour grapes. I hope there is an official policy on that.

Second, I saw the one individual, one IP rule. My kids don't really have any interest in sports concepts or anything, but I do belong to a few sites where my kids do have accounts. This is one of few forum sites I've seen that has that kind of rule, and it just struck me as odd is all. This doesn't impact me personally whatsoever, but it occurred to me there might be legit cases of two users using the same computer, so just being the annoying kid in class at the moment.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if the is the best place to post this, but I'm out of ideas...

What happened to the pinned thread of logo/uniform unveilings throughout the years? Did it get lost when the forum split of the sports logos news section took place? I can't seem to find it anywhere and thought it was of great value.

(I tried searching for it, but was unable to locate the thread.)

• 1 month later...

7. No Business or Personal Ads

Any posts or threads solely to promote a store will be removed. This includes making posts with the intended purpose of promoting your own ebay, Craigslists, or Kijiji pages.

^From the rules. Would it count if there were a thread for people to swap old jerseys? I get you guys don’t want this forum to turn into a classified ads section, but if the scope were really narrow (jerseys only), you weren’t allowed to link to an external site (post pics only), and it was only for old jerseys you were selling (i.e. not an actual store or business), I think that would be fair. There’d probably be a lot of appetite for it too. Is this something I can go ahead with?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Not sure where to ask this, but is anyone else having issues with the mobile phone interface? On chrome I constantly am unable to click on the "Next Page" button, tap on the reply box, or even click the header with the website's logo. Anyone else having this problem?

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

20 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Not sure where to ask this, but is anyone else having issues with the mobile phone interface? On chrome I constantly am unable to click on the "Next Page" button, tap on the reply box, or even click the header with the website's logo. Anyone else having this problem?

I haven't come across the issue on Safari.

gYH2mW9.png

On 10/28/2020 at 11:52 PM, Bmac said:

Not sure if the is the best place to post this, but I'm out of ideas...

What happened to the pinned thread of logo/uniform unveilings throughout the years? Did it get lost when the forum split of the sports logos news section took place? I can't seem to find it anywhere and thought it was of great value.

(I tried searching for it, but was unable to locate the thread.)

Funny - was just looking for it to see if some of the links I put on it were still valid so I could verify something.  I can' find it either.  Granted, many of the older links were dead, but a lot of time was put into that by several people so I hope it's just lost and wasn't just summarily killed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Wizza said:

Who do i contact if i want my account deleted?

On 9/4/2020 at 4:57 PM, JackieMoon said:

I would like to have my account deleted. I will no longer be following "pro sports" and wish to have my account erased. Thank you.

On 7/29/2020 at 6:24 PM, LMU said:

All you have to do is reset your password with random gibberish if you're so hell-bent on not being here.  You don't need us for that.

VmWIn6B.png

17 minutes ago, Wizza said:

ok, , wouldn't you have to under gdpr? this site is accessible to euorpeans

Not a lawyer, but my understanding is that the GDPR is only applicable if a website is engaged in the "offering of goods or services" (regardless of whether a payment is required) to data subjects within the EEA, or are monitoring the behaviour of data subjects within the EEA (Article 3(2).

Since the forum isn’t providing goods nor services, they don’t have to. 

Seriously though, if you don’t want to be here, stop logging in or do the password scramble like LMU suggested. It’s really not that difficult...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.