NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

And it still should be.

Agreed.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole thing would probably be more fitting for the league's 100th anniversary in 2020. But I'm sure someone at NFL decided they couldn't wait 5 years to make money on gold merchandise.

It's gold because 50th Anniversaries are Golden. The NFL 75th Anniversary had a diamond in the logo to represent the Diamond anniversary. 2020 should be marked by Platinum, but we'll see.

but this isn't actually the 50th anniversary of the 1st Super Bowl. It's the 50th game in the series.

Plus, it wasn't the NFL 75th Anniversary in 1994. It was the 75th season. The 100th season will be in 2019, while 2020 will mark the 100th anniversary of the founding of the league that eventually became the NFL.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of mis-phrasing on the internet about the use of NFL seasons and anniversaries in general.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2016 Pro Bowl uniforms

Pro-Bowl-NFL-gold-03-22-15.png

Per CBS sports.

Example of logos bordered in gold for sideline apparel

Seahawks-gold-NFL-03-15-22.png

And the logos for Kickoff and the playoffs

Gold-NFL-logos-503-03-22-15.png

They also state the Lombardi is still silver, but the winners will receive a "50" trophy as well cast in bronze and plated in gold, designed by Tiffany and each numeral weighs about 33 pounds.

CA4-3VfWUAA9o8A.jpg

And here are the game balls

03_OTF_footballs_dark_v11.jpg

Source: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25120528/nfl-going-gold-in-2015-to-celebrate-super-bowl-50-5-things-to-know

Unless you are a russian oligarch this whole gold dipping/trimming of every single visible mark is beyond tacky. I can only hope that there will be some significant backlash once the general public is saturated in this whole mess.

Also, with these draft hats with the skyline under the bill, what the H is the Packers' going to be? the only thing on the skyline of Green Bay is Lambeau Field. Maybe they'll just put a farm on there (kidding, but actually it wouldn't be far off)

A google image search for "Green Bay skyline" pulled this up. Not quite as impressive as Chicago or Minneapolis, but perhaps something along these lines?

pic_skyline_p.png

2016 Pro Bowl uniforms

Pro-Bowl-NFL-gold-03-22-15.png

Per CBS sports.

Gold-NFL-logos-503-03-22-15.png

They also state the Lombardi is still silver, but the winners will receive a "50" trophy as well cast in bronze and plated in gold, designed by Tiffany and each numeral weighs about 33 pounds.

CA4-3VfWUAA9o8A.jpg

03_OTF_footballs_dark_v11.jpg

Source: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25120528/nfl-going-gold-in-2015-to-celebrate-super-bowl-50-5-things-to-know

So will the Packers logo still have a yellow oval around the logo or will it just be a gold one.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

2016 Pro Bowl uniforms

Per CBS sports.

So will the Packers logo still have a yellow oval around the logo or will it just be a gold one.

Should still have yellow. Gold appears to just go on outside of existing white keylines.

NFL-Gold-50-5-590x442.png

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

2016 Pro Bowl uniforms

Per CBS sports.

Should still have yellow. Gold appears to just go on outside of existing white keylines.

NFL-Gold-50-5-590x442.png

I wonder what the Patriots uniforms would look like with gold instead of silver.

I already have a feeling that by the time week one rolls around everyone is going to be sick of gold. My guess is just about anything NFL will in some way have gold incorporated in it. Team merchandise with logos in all gold, all gold jerseys, gold hats, gold gloves, gold socks, gold toasters, gold towels, gold bed sheets, gold lamps, gold rugs, gold footballs, gold bottle openers, gold car magnets, gold shoes, gold toilet seat covers, gold phone cases, gold helmets, gold tickets at games, gold banners, gold flags, gold tinted visors (someone will where one), gold on the fields, gold referees flags, gold plates, gold silverware, gold bobble heads, ... um ... gold backpacks, gold key chains, gold shoe laces, gold shot glasses, gold pins, gold pencils, gold coins (for the coin toss), gold slippers, gold golf balls, gold lunch boxes, gold sweaters, gold pants, gold pillows, gold shower curtains, gold game controllers, gold mugs, gold cups, gold stickers, gold toothbrush, maybe well see some goald posts on the fields, gold colored hotdogs at games, gold game programs, gold watches, gold piggy banks, gold picture frames, gold folding chairs, gold fans, gold staplers, gold scissors, gold fish, golden grams, golden retrievers, golden nugget, the golden arches, gold plated gold, and gold.

Looking forward to it.

0455974_1281_MC_Tx360.jpg

I already have a feeling that by the time week one rolls around everyone is going to be sick of gold. My guess is just about anything NFL will in some way have gold incorporated in it. Team merchandise with logos in all gold, all gold jerseys, gold hats, gold gloves, gold socks, gold toasters, gold towels, gold bed sheets, gold lamps, gold rugs, gold footballs, gold bottle openers, gold car magnets, gold shoes, gold toilet seat covers, gold phone cases, gold helmets, gold tickets at games, gold banners, gold flags, gold tinted visors (someone will where one), gold on the fields, gold referees flags, gold plates, gold silverware, gold bobble heads, ... um ... gold backpacks, gold key chains, gold shoe laces, gold shot glasses, gold pins, gold pencils, gold coins (for the coin toss), gold slippers, gold golf balls, gold lunch boxes, gold sweaters, gold pants, gold pillows, gold shower curtains, gold game controllers, gold mugs, gold cups, gold stickers, gold toothbrush, maybe well see some goald posts on the fields, gold colored hotdogs at games, gold game programs, gold watches, gold piggy banks, gold picture frames, gold folding chairs, gold fans, gold staplers, gold scissors, gold fish, golden grams, golden retrievers, golden nugget, the golden arches, gold plated gold, and gold.

Looking forward to it.

0455974_1281_MC_Tx360.jpg

Spaceballs, the Flamethrower!

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Anyone else find it ironic that the 50th SB will be hosted by the 49ers (gold rush history, team color) Great plan NFL. Wonder if this means the niners will be in the big game? Nah.

I think a gold Lambardi would be too gimmicky, no matter the circumstances.

I agree. It's a nice thought, but bad in practice. It's like saying that this year's Super Bowl is different or more meaningful than every other year. It'll look particularly bad if it's one of multiple trophies for a team. "Hmmm, the Steelers have six silver trophies, and one gold one. What is the gold one for?"

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Lions President also saying they may have new alternates. Was this also alluded to in the style guide ?

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/03/alternate_jerseys_could_be_com.html

Sanders-era throwbacks? Gray Silver jerseys and white pants?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

LBs will be able to wear numbers in the 40s this year. I never liked seeing them in 90s, so maybe this will reduce that. I just hope that not all of the rookies and traded players go with 40s, like how the overwhelming majority of WRs seem to want numbers in the teens. It's gotten so bad that when I see someone in an 80s jersey, I automatically think he's old, even if he is a rookie.

Defensive number rules are kinda silly. There's been LBs in the 70s, plenty of DLs in the 50s, both in the 90s, and very few players in the 60s (Russel Mariland comes to mind.) I don't really understand why there's a number shortage - I think they just don't organize it properly. For example, any lineman and linebacker is allowed to wear a 50s, but DLs and LBs can also wear 90s. So if a team's DL and LBs all decided to wear 50s and maybe some 70s, those 90s would be untouched, but also off limits to the OL, who now has fewer numbers to pull from. Maybe just do something like 50s/90s LB/DL, and 60s/70s OL.

The days of a player being only a center and therefore being forced to wear a 50s number are over anyway, so what does it matter?

I wonder how they'd do it if the numbering system was starting from scratch today. It seems kind of silly to designate 50-60-70-90 as ineligible, while 80s is fine. I wonder if it's totally an aesthetic thing and the rulemakers just thought that slick receivers running down the field wearing numbers like 97 or 56 would just look silly? If anything, wouldn't your ends (as in "split ends") be the ones who should wear the 90s?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived