NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 5 in the last photo is different from that 5 in the first.

Also, per uni-watch, TNF games will be color on color, with teams having the option to opt-out this year (ie wear their whites instead of an alt in the event of a clash) but mandatory in 16.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Best throwback to come out in a while.

Dolphins-14_native_1600.jpg

Dolphins-11.2_native_1600.jpg?

Dolphins-12_rectangle_1600.jpg?

Dolphins-13_rectangle_1600.jpg?

Looks like a poor Photoshop with a Patriots #5 here?

Nike_footballDolphins2_rectangle_1600.jp

Gorgeous!

I'm really hoping that the Dolphins get a couple big wins in those unis and that they'll decide to just wear them every game the rest of the year, much like how the '94 49ers wore their throwbacks on their Super Bowl run. Not saying that the Dolphins are my favorite to go to the Super Bowl, I'm just saying I'd love to see those beauties worn more than just a couple times this year.

Very nice... but the pants stripe in inaccurate.

Csonka,Larry32.jpg

All the same, this so many times greater than their current uniform, it's a bit embarrassing. Match the pants stripe to the helmet stripe and its a damn near perfect Dolphins uniform.

These throwbacks are the 1966 uni, which indeed did have aqua-orange-aqua pant striping.

but now I'm noticing the font on the "5" is different

105967446-august-8-1966-sports-illustrat

110927_Boca.jpg

The leak was right, but even with the TV numbers moving to the shoulder, they are amazing looking.

If the Dolphins had any cojones, they'd make this the permanent uniform. Dumb NFL 5-year rule.

Too bad they're not wearing them against the Bills, whose current jersey is a modern throwback.

Csonka,Larry32.jpg

All the same, this so many times greater than their current uniform, it's a bit embarrassing. Match the pants stripe to the helmet stripe and its a damn near perfect Dolphins uniform.

This new throwbacks are the 1966 uni, which indeed did have aqua-orange-aqua pant striping.

110927_Boca.jpg

Csonka,Larry32.jpg

This new throwbacks are the 1966 uni, which indeed did have aqua-orange-aqua pant striping.

110927_Boca.jpg

Csonka,Larry32.jpg

110927_Boca.jpg

I guess from right now and previous and til the end of the five year cycle dol-fans will be peppering at the dolphins organization to go back to these (with a few slight modern changes like with the white striped socks and aqua pants) on a full time basis

1966_Miami.png

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Those look spectacular. Perfect color scheme and application thereof.

That news about Thursday night games being mandatory color-on-color is pretty stupid. Does that mean games will be scheduled around being color-scheme-compliant? What if it's Steelers-Saints? What about Dallas? The NFL is dumb.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Notice how the swoosh is pushed up over the seams here. Why can't the Steelers do this?

Notice how the swoosh is pushed up over the seams here. Why can't the Steelers do this?

cleveland's was perfect until they got intoxicated and screwed up with that semi-pro football uniform design

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

That news about Thursday night games being mandatory color-on-color is pretty stupid. Does that mean games will be scheduled around being color-scheme-compliant? What if it's Steelers-Saints? What about Dallas? The NFL is dumb.

Thursday night games are divisional games, so Steelers-Saints won't happen.

Also wasn't it in 2016 when Nike was going to have special Thursday night uniforms for every team? Maybe they're going to design uniforms that won't clash in color-color matchups?

tempRetroJerseys_7--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.j

Perfect. I think these are much better than their current look. With any luck, they'll go back to this look as soon as they're able.

I'd take these over the current uniforms anyday. The pants stripe looks better with the Aqua outside of the Orange. The original pants were like this, but they eventually reversed the colors.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I was thinking the same thing. This proves that Nike could fit any stripes on their template if they just move up the swoosh

Great amount/thickness of orange. The new uniforms should at least take a page from these and thicken up the orange outlines/stripes.

455443330.0.jpg

Everything I wanted...they even got the 1966 pants striping right.

My only nitpick is the angle of the helmet logo, needs to be rotated counter-clockwise a bit (see my avatar for correct placement).

tempRetroJerseys_7--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.j

Perfect. I think these are much better than their current look. With any luck, they'll go back to this look as soon as they're able.

Oh, my, that logo is rotated WAY off. They really need to correct that before they appear in a game.

One or both will be forced to wear an alternate. That's why it's not mandatory this season (not everyone has a "clash" kit for lack of a better term.) The plan as was reported a while ago is for every team that will be on TNF to have a "Thursday Alt" that may or may not ever be worn again.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived