2015 NFL Offseason

CS85

This Cowboys offensive line has officially become ridiculous.

And the Redskins just passed on a chance to pick up Leonard Williams. *sighs*

Well, to be fair, the Skins offensive line is by far the worst "group" on the entire team...and that's saying a lot. Defensive line is far down that list. They only had one first round pick and it's not as though they passed on making a selection period. You only get one guy. On a team with so many gaping holes, I'm guessing they just chose to plug the biggest one of them with the best guy they could get.

Don't worry, the Skins will likely be in position to get the best defensive lineman available in the 2016 draft. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, to be fair, the Skins offensive line is by far the worst "group" on the entire team...and that's saying a lot. Defensive line is far down that list. They only had one first round pick and it's not as though they passed on making a selection period. You only get one guy. On a team with so many gaping holes, I'm guessing they just chose to plug the biggest one of them with the best guy they could get.

Don't worry, the Skins will likely be in position to get the best defensive lineman available in the 2016 draft. :P

I personally think the Redskins had the best success in this year's free agency. Signing Ricky Jean-Francois, Stephen Paea, Terrance Knighton to upgrade the defensive line. The Redskins definitely needed Scherff because well anything is better than Tyler Polumbus at RT. That's what they really needed. But yes, it really was a disappointment when they passed over Leonard Williams. They could've easily drafted Williams and then waited until the 2nd round to draft an offensive lineman (I wish they did this and drafted Rob Havenstein who is from my hometown). Oh, and these NFL "experts" are saying the Redskins will get the #1 pick next year which I highly disagree with.

I personally think the Redskins had the best success in this year's free agency. Signing Ricky Jean-Francois, Stephen Paea, Terrance Knighton to upgrade the defensive line. The Redskins definitely needed Scherff because well anything is better than Tyler Polumbus at RT. That's what they really needed. But yes, it really was a disappointment when they passed over Leonard Williams. They could've easily drafted Williams and then waited until the 2nd round to draft an offensive lineman (I wish they did this and drafted Rob Havenstein who is from my hometown). Oh, and these NFL "experts" are saying the Redskins will get the #1 pick next year which I highly disagree with.
When the Colts get rid of a defensive player, especially a DL, you're not improving much even if the GM drafted him in SF. Looking at you, Ricky Jean-Francois.

Call me dumb for not understanding this, but if a player suffers a season-ending injury before his first NFL game, is he considered a rookie for that season or does that status shift to the following season?

Yes, this is about Dante Fowler Jr

Call me dumb for not understanding this, but if a player suffers a season-ending injury before his first NFL game, is he considered a rookie for that season or does that status shift to the following season?

Blake Griffin says NO.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Nope, his rookie season would be wiped off due to injury. He'd be a 1-year veteran next year but considered a rookie when it would come to playing in actual football games.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Nope, his rookie season would be wiped off due to injury. He'd be a 1-year veteran next year but considered a rookie when it would come to playing in actual football games.

What the hell does that even mean? Could he win rookie of the year next year?

What the hell does that even mean? Could he win rookie of the year next year?
Per the CBA, Fowler will accrue a season of tenure towards free agency and a credited season to acquire a NFL pension (fully vested after 3 seasons) as soon as he signs his contract. Unlike the 3B for the Cubs, whose service time starts when he gets placed on the MLB roster, putting Fowler on IR places him on the JAX payroll all season.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/your-cheat-sheet-to-understanding-nfl-free-agency.html/?a=viewall

In terms of bonuses attached to being a rookie, that is over unless JAX decides to place those incentives into year 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Has any franchise fallen off a cliff as quickly as these 49ers? The post-Jordan Bulls come to mind, but their coach and best player retired, so it's at least explainable. San Francisco is taking active steps to nuke itself.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Has any franchise fallen off a cliff as quickly as these 49ers? The post-Jordan Bulls come to mind, but their coach and best player retired, so it's at least explainable. San Francisco is taking active steps to nuke itself.

I guess the 1998 Marlins, but that was very deliberate. I don't think the 49ers had an intention for things to fall apart this badly.

I always liked Justin Smith when he was a Bengal and followed him after he left to the 49ers. He was one reason I was begrudgingly pulling for the niners in the Super Bowl against Baltimore.

Tom Crabtree tweeted a funny story about Justin Smith - Crabtree has an arm length sleeve of dumb tribal tattoos and when lining up for a play Crabtree got in his stance at Tight End and Justin Smith on the opposite side playfully yelled "look out for this guy! he has tattoos!"

PvO6ZWJ.png

The coach didn't retire, the general manager fired him.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Dean Blandino, the Vice President of Officiating, just tweeted...

"The extra point rule for 2015 just changed. Snap for kick from the 15-yard line, 2-pt try stays at 2-yard line and defense can return."

I like it. It's not a drastic change but should make them a little less automatic.

IUe6Hvh.png

What happens if you bobble a snap and your holder throws a 15-yard "TD" pass? Do you get one or two points?

When they were both from the two, a fake or bobbled snap would get you the full two points. Are you locked in to only one when it's snapped from the 15?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What happens if you bobble a snap and your holder throws a 15-yard "TD" pass? Do you get one or two points?

When they were both from the two, a fake or bobbled snap would get you the full two points. Are you locked in to only one when it's snapped from the 15?

Teams will still get two points for a "Touchdown" on a PAT. Teams have a chance to change their call if there is a penalty on the play.

Archived