NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

With this whole thing, I never want to jump the gun or get ahead of ourselves because... well... we know what happens here...

But, is this seriously and finally a step towards the end?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

With this whole thing, I never want to jump the gun or get ahead of ourselves because... well... we know what happens here...

It's certainly got that Winnipeg/Atlanta feel.

Why ask if you don't want to know the truth?

morpheus.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I really think folding the team would be a good idea at this point. What's a roster of 23 players among 29 teams? A bonus for 23 of the highest bidders for not having to fund this crap any more...grant an expansion franchise to the next city when it is ready, and the BoG even gets their pretty expansion fee.

It's certainly got that Winnipeg/Atlanta feel.

Why ask if you don't want to know the truth?

morpheus.jpg

If the city council holds fast with the $6.5 mil that they have supposedly ratified as part of their budget then I think you're right. I think we're at the Winnipeg/Atlanta moment for the Yotes. If the council starts wavering and offers up $10 million then I think we might be in for at least another year of this nonsense.

Not so fast, my friends:

@JSportsnet

"Can confirm that RSE has agreed in principle to lease terms with City of Glendale on an arena lease. #coyotesstay"

Edited by RyanB06

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Not so fast, my friends:

@JSportsnet

"Can confirm that RSE has agreed in principle to lease terms with City of Glendale on an arena lease. #coyotesstay"

Confused.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Somehow Glendale has found an extra $11 million in annual revenue to bridge the gap. Short of renting out all of Glendale's public buildings and the arena to the Zetas as a staging area, I'm not sure how this is possible.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Fox Sports Arizona has a good chunk of details, as well. Here, literally, is the money quote:

Sherwood has been preparing a report that examines the financial implications for the city with and without the Coyotes that he will present to council members on Tuesday. Based on his task force’s findings, the Coyotes remaining in Arizona would mean about $1.5 million more annually for the city.

Spending $6 million a year to bring in $1.5 million in revenue? You just got Glendaled, son!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Fox Sports Arizona has a good chunk of details, as well. Here, literally, is the money quote:

Sherwood has been preparing a report that examines the financial implications for the city with and without the Coyotes that he will present to council members on Tuesday. Based on his task force’s findings, the Coyotes remaining in Arizona would mean about $1.5 million more annually for the city.

Spending $6 million a year to bring in $1.5 million in revenue? You just got Glendaled, son!

And here I thought Arizona was a fiscally conservative state...

bYhYmxh.png

Say, what is the Goldwater Institute up to these days, anyway?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And here I thought Arizona was a fiscally conservative state...

1. I am reading that has "Net Revenue". So, if it is "net" spending $6M to get back $7.5M is still a 25% return.

2. How much cash has RSE placed in escrow for the NHL? I know that both Glendale and Hulsizer also placed $25M in escrow, but what about this group? I know that their financing plan is debt-laden, but most deals for North American sports teams are.