2015 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

Browns going brown/brown/brown on Sunday vs Oakland. I assumed that dark combo would be saved for a cold weather game. I was wrong.

https://twitter.com/browns/status/647196848784969730

Brown socks with brown pants. I assumed that combo would be saved for the dumpster where it belongs...

Dumb NFL rule that you have to wait five years until you change uniforms. Browns need to go back to their old look ASAP!! They went from the best looks in the NFL to the WORST. Don't get me wrong, I loved the brown/orange combo the Browns had in the past, but now they went way too extreme and little overboard, don't you think.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browns going brown/brown/brown on Sunday vs Oakland. I assumed that dark combo would be saved for a cold weather game. I was wrong.

https://twitter.com/browns/status/647196848784969730

The-Office.gif

Good!! I love them in all-brown. I also can't wait for the all-orange look. That is, if they ever do it.

I do too. I like them in gray pants but, man, the white looks even better.

Agreed. I love them in both.

I used the all orange/orange combo for the Browns in Madden a few times, one of them being against the Ravens who wore all black and boy let me tell you, this forum would probably end up crashing due to the sudden influx of hate posts if it ever happened. I personally didn't mind the monochrome orange though, because I made them wear brown socks.

bSLCtu2.png

Someone (and I apologize for not remembering who) posted on here early in the summer that the Browns would be wearing all orange for the Thursday night game vs. Cincinnati. I dismissed it at the time because the Browns will be on the road, and we didn't know color-vs-color would be a thing this year. Knowing what we know now, I'm starting to think all-orange on TNF (vs Cincinnati in all black?) could be happening.

Speaking of color vs. color on TNF, when do we think it's actually going to happen? We're 0-for-2 so far (0-for-3 if you count PIT-NE), and I doubt the Ravens will wear purple vs the Steelers' black next week.

Someone (and I apologize for not remembering who) posted on here early in the summer that the Browns would be wearing all orange for the Thursday night game vs. Cincinnati. I dismissed it at the time because the Browns will be on the road, and we didn't know color-vs-color would be a thing this year. Knowing what we know now, I'm starting to think all-orange on TNF (vs Cincinnati in all black?) could be happening.

Speaking of color vs. color on TNF, when do we think it's actually going to happen? We're 0-for-2 so far (0-for-3 if you count PIT-NE), and I doubt the Ravens will wear purple vs the Steelers' black next week.

I believe Donte Whitner posted something about it on twitter.

Personally I don't mind the all orange, or all brown.

orangefaniniowa:

"Dumb NFL rule that you have to wait five years until you change uniforms. Browns need to go back to their old look ASAP!! They went from the best looks in the NFL to the WORST. Don't get me wrong, I loved the brown/orange combo the Browns had in the past, but now they went way too extreme and little overboard, don't you think".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just "a little overboard"?

I never thought the day would come where I'd ever say that I miss the traditional look of the Cleveland Browns, but with the exception of brightening up the orange and changing to the brown face-mask I really do miss that traditional look below.

Would like to read this NFL rule policy on this 5-year run that's in force when a uniform change is done, especially pertaining to jerseys, because I've noticed teams in recent seasons making jersey changes to collar styles and sleeve striping, not to mention changes on socks, which Buffalo did 1 year into their 2011 re-branding back when reverting 90% to their 70s traditional look.

The Browns desperately need to revert the jersey numbers on the brown jerseys back to white. They also should have put brown numbers on the white jerseys, but the orange numbers on the white jerseys I guess we can live with for 5 years. Their whole new look is an eyesore to me, especially as they don't know how to pick out the correct socks with their different combo's, yet they got that part okay in the unveiling photo-shoot.

5 years to have to look at their newest drab uniform set, I dread the notion of that.

old_browns_pre2015_zpse1upfhzx.png?14432

CClzTKcWIAIj4kC.jpg-large.jpg

If the Giants switch to white pants, they should only do it at home. However, since they only wear the white pants as a home alternate, many people would get sick of them after awhile. Because they only wear them on certain occasions it makes you appreciate that look more so.

If they were to do it permanently they should at least keep the gray ones for the road games, I think that's a better look rather than white on white with those white jerseys having all red striping, jersey numbers, and nobs.

I don't like white cleats with those white pants, they need either black or Giants-blue cleats as the bottom part of their socks are white.

http://www.buccaneers.com/photos/photo-gallery/Photos-Buccaneers-vs-Saints-Week-2/6baa7cc3-68bb-48b8-90bc-082aae157201#4c6d08f3-513d-4993-a976-217f0f4c4803

Say what you will, I thought this was a good looking game. Oh f it i can't post the pick. Move along nothing to see here.

You think THIS looks good?

temp150920_Bucs_Saints_WEB_0025--nfl_mez

temp150920_Bucs_Saints_WEB_0032--nfl_mez

temp150920_Bucs_Saints_WEB_0068--nfl_mez

temp150920_Bucs_Saints_WEB_0086--nfl_mez

Dang straight! And what is the point of your reply?

I also think the Bucs uniforms look great. This is the only forum and paul lucas that hates them.

Zee-Row wrote:

"I also think the Bucs uniforms look great. This is the only forum and paul lucas that hates them".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't .... I think they look horrible, way too many colors.

From their 1976 creamsicle color jerseys and Bucco Bruce logo to their late 90s re-branding that they won the Super Bowl against the Raiders, now that was a great set IMO. There was just no reason for another change, especially one that looks like those. Way too busy IMO.

The new helmet logo is way too big, I hate the 'alarm clock' jersey numbers, and they ruined the pewter by making it too dark. Before it was like a pewter/copper mixture and I think it looked quite nice.

I don't even regard it as pewter anymore, it looks platinum-gray with a slight mixture of brown to me.

There was no reason for that uniform change, and might I mention that I hate the new shoulder yokes too. I'd like to see AZ change and get rid of those on both jerseys.

That's my 2¢ worth

Archived