16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that bugs me the most about the SAFC logo is that the angle of the "FC" doesn't match the angle of the stripes. If the letters weren't italicized it wouldn't be as bad, but as-is it looks sloppy. 

Also agree that the grey stroke moving throughout the logo and forming an S is a nice touch.

Frankly I think it looks like crap. I've never been a huge fan of Nike Balls (apart for the T90 Aerow), but this version is really really bad. A ball should always be majority white, that allows for the best contrast between the pitch and the ball so that it's easier to see for everyone. This one looks like a winter ball that's used to contrast from fog and rain. The Liga version is even worse, way too bright, I have no clue how the winter ball could look if they need to make it brighter than this

16ORDEMLALIGA1.jpg

PS:Wasn't the PL supposed to change their logo?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

57 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

Frankly I think it looks like crap. I've never been a huge fan of Nike Balls (apart for the T90 Aerow), but this version is really really bad. A ball should always be majority white, that allows for the best contrast between the pitch and the ball so that it's easier to see for everyone. This one looks like a winter ball that's used to contrast from fog and rain. The Liga version is even worse, way too bright, I have no clue how the winter ball could look if they need to make it brighter than this

16ORDEMLALIGA1.jpg

Reminds me of the generic EA Sports soccer balls in FIFA.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

16ORDEMLALIGA1.jpg

Doesn't Nike make a white ball and a yellow or orange high visibility ball for each league? This could just be the high visibility ball. 

6 hours ago, illini1 said:

Doesn't Nike make a white ball and a yellow or orange high visibility ball for each league? This could just be the high visibility ball. 

You've got right. It's might be a hi-vis version, but in other side there is too white on them for being hi-vis.

4r2eer.png

10 hours ago, IanC said:

"We are very pleased with the outcome: a visual identity which is relevant, modern and flexible that will help us celebrate everyone that makes the Premier League.
"We look forward to sharing more details of our new positioning in the coming months."
DesignStudio Founder and CEO, Paul Stafford, said that the release was just the start with a lot more to come from the Premier League before the new season begins.
"Our aim was to create an identity that acknowledges everyone who plays a part in one of the most exciting leagues in the world," Stafford said. "And with a fresh, new take on the iconic Lion, we’ve created an identity that’s purpose-built for the demands of the modern world. While staying true to the Premier League’s history and heritage."

So, there is more to come. I wonder if the rebrand is going to creep into cup competitions and other league formats. 

Agree with G w/ M, the Premier Insurance League is what it's starting to look like.

12 hours ago, IanC said:

About the best I can say is it's better than the London Olympics logo. Unfortunately, to me the lion looks like a baboon when seen very small.

Archived