2016 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

No, the CFL draft is pretty low key. The commissioner announces the picks from the TSN studios. No players (or fans) are on hand.

And yet it's somehow all the better for it. 

We do the same thing with university football fwiw :P

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

How does the CFL draft work? Do they go after undrafted NFL rookies.. NFL washouts.. both?

It is a draft for Canadian and non-import players from Canadian universities, NCAA, and NAIA. Non-imports are players who aren't Canadian but have met certain criteria that distinguishes them from import/international status. Each team has to have a minimum of 21 Canadian/non-import players on their roster and a minimum of 7 Canadian/non-import starters per game.

The draft can sometimes be a gamble of wasting a pick on a player because he may attract interest from down south. Two of the players drafted in the first round tonight have already signed or will be signing with NFL teams as undrafted [NFL] free agents, so they may never play in the CFL. Tevaun Smith was the #1 ranked prospect in this year's draft but was the last choice of the first round because he just signed with the Colts. The team that chose him was Edmonton, who won the Grey Cup last season and is in a position of waiting to see how his NFL opportunities go as opposed to needing him right away.

A few years ago the CFL changed the draft eligibility rules so NCAA players could only be drafted following their senior season. This was to help prevent teams from drafting a player after his junior season, him staying in school for another year, and then getting drafted by an NFL team the following year, essentially wasting the CFL team's pick. An example is when Danny Watkins went 4th overall in the 2010 CFL draft, stayed at Baylor for his senior year, and then was picked by the Eagles in 2011.

12 minutes ago, Eric Westhaver said:

Is it just me, or is that wordmark huge?

I agree. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

34 minutes ago, nas1787 said:

Well the stripes not going all the way around the sleeve is a big disappointment. Beyond that, it's a solid looking jersey.

Agreed, although while it sucks for fan jerseys it likely won't be obvious on the on-field jerseys because of how truncated the sleeves are.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

4 hours ago, Eric Westhaver said:

Is it just me, or is that wordmark huge?

Definitely bigger than what's seen in the NFL, but it seems slightly smaller than the collegiate/high school standard. I like it. Fits with the "ΜONTRÉAL" on the Als' road jerseys, which I also like.

Overall, everything I've seen so far from the teasers is positIve. Given what had happened with the Signature Series, this is a stunning turn.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Definitely bigger than what's seen in the NFL, but it seems slightly smaller than the collegiate/high school standard. I like it. Fits with the "ΜONTRÉAL" on the Als' road jerseys, which I also like.

Overall, everything I've seen so far from the teasers is positIve. Given what had happened with the Signature Series, this is a stunning turn.

Are you sure it is bigger than what is in the NFL? LOL!

http://insidenfl.nflshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/New-Browns-Jerseys.jpg

Archived