College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

Arizona is confirmed as going Red/Red/Blue, ditching the chrome helmets this weekend and I'm sure it has something to do with UCLA smacking us the first time the chromes debuted in 2015.

DMByyvtUEAUwJZU.thumb.jpg.b7a9767f23d55752d072580cf6ee8202.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Tbh I prefer the Green/White/Green, but this isn't bad. It is a little weird how little yellow there is on the jersey compared to how much there is on the helmet and pants. Guess that's the problem with mixing and matching, you can't make everything match perfectly all the time. Overall not a bad look though, this year has been infinitely better than the nightmare that was last season.

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Looks like my wish came true, as the Ducks are going yellow/white/yellow tomorrow night at Stanford:

This is probably my favorite combo of the season so far, with the Week 1 uniforms a close second. This combo, along with green/white/green, are definitely their two best road combos IMO, so it’s nice that they’ve decided to go with both of them so far this season. It should be a really good looking game between the Ducks and the Cardinal, and one that’ll be somewhat reminiscent of their 2013 matchup (though I hope the Ducks put together a better performance this time around):

9608AF61-192E-45FD-9D87-A1CF7C0ECE27.thumb.jpeg.61d1b0a03e8aba2ecf705295f5ab4a32.jpeg

This’ll also be Oregon’s first time going yellow/white/yellow since 2014, and in that time they’ve completed the full-time transition from forest green to apple green.

I would have loved to see this combination with a white version of the Rose Bowl jersey. That and yellow/apple green/yellow would be as good as Oregon has ever looked in my opinion.

51 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I really want Oregon to go for this color combo that they haven't used since they started going with their modern uniforms:

Image result for akili smith 1998

Yeah, I’m surprised they haven’t worn that combo considering all the mixing and matching they’ve done over the years. It’s a great look, and one that’s synonymous with those late 90’s teams. I think I prefer both the yellow/white/yellow and green/white/green combos myself, but I would like to see them bring that color combo back at least once. Unfortunately I don’t think it’ll happen this season though, as their only two remaining road games after this week are UCLA and Washington, and I don’t really see them going with the yellow lids against the gold-helmeted Bruins and Huskies. Plus, I have a feeling the yellow helmets will be shelved until the Civil War, especially now after using them two weeks in a row.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Oregon State going with their best current home look (IMO) tomorrow against Colorado:

7CA96D37-0A51-4161-992E-9DAEB620D8B3.thumb.jpeg.94e571494024e8e04f43709d0f2a0dcb.jpeg

This should also be a pretty good looking game, with the Beavs’ white/black/white matching up against the traditional gold/white/black road combo of the Buffs.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I love dark-light-dark so it's no surprise to me I think Cal looks fantastic in blue-yellow-blue.  I hated Washington State's uniforms when they were unveiled but they look great themselves.  This really is a great looking uniform matchup.

IUe6Hvh.png

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon State going with their best current home look (IMO) tomorrow against Colorado:

7CA96D37-0A51-4161-992E-9DAEB620D8B3.thumb.jpeg.94e571494024e8e04f43709d0f2a0dcb.jpeg

This should also be a pretty good looking game, with the Beavs’ white/black/white matching up against the traditional gold/white/black road combo of the Buffs.

Oregon State picked a player with some... predominate... teeth to model a uniform with a beaver on it.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

20 hours ago, H11K said:

Arizona is confirmed as going Red/Red/Blue, ditching the chrome helmets this weekend and I'm sure it has something to do with UCLA smacking us the first time the chromes debuted in 2015.

DMByyvtUEAUwJZU.thumb.jpg.b7a9767f23d55752d072580cf6ee8202.jpg

With white being prominent in the logo it makes no sense to totally eliminate it from the jersey. 

3 hours ago, umlegend1980 said:

With white being prominent in the logo it makes no sense to totally eliminate it from the jersey. 

I agree, at least give us some white outlines on the number....at the least. <_<

a2BRS8U.png

Pitt in the throwbacks:  Always awesome.  The NC State/Pitt game is pretty good, visually.  NC State's Tuffy logo is way better than the stacked NCS logo.

Love how Lincoln Financial's groundscrew is going all-out for both the Eagles and Temple this year.  The cherry end zones with diamonds is great.

Wish Boston College would go back to gold pants with a maroon stripe (a la the 90s unis) for both home and road.  White pants on the road looks bland.

Not a fan of Indiana in white helmets.  I think their new crimson satin helmet is the best one they can wear.

Kansas/Iowa State is a good looking game in the rain.  Kansas's blue helmets are the best they have...just need to get rid of the gray pants.  Iowa State looks great in all red, including the facemask.  Better than their gray facemasks or gray pants.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, djam2410 said:

Blue/Gold/Blue for the Bears 

DMEHQi6VwAEJqKT.jpg

Those look like they're black, not navy blue.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

7 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

Those look like they're black, not navy blue.

This was a low quality screen grab so the colors are diluted 

This should look more navy blue for you ; The navy blue we use is quite dark sometimes in some light. 

IMG_20171014_124014.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived