Best Possible Super Bowl LI Matchups

zigbazah

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I know it would never happen in a million years, but it would be nice if the Patriots finally wore their silver pants with their white jerseys. They look slightly less ugly this way:

cMhoVMa.jpg

That is a nice look.Wonder what it would look like with a blue or red helmet.

3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I know it would never happen in a million years, but it would be nice if the Patriots finally wore their silver pants with their white jerseys. They look slightly less ugly this way:

cMhoVMa.jpg

I've used this combo a few times in Madden when I've played against the Pats. I'd rather the Pats have a different set entirely, but for what it is, I think it looks pretty good.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Super Bowl field design has absolutely plummeted.  How do you get rid of the helmets in the endzone or at the 25's?  Who's brilliant idea was that? No conference logos?  Dafuq?

It's like sheesh I don't even want the Redskins to make the Super Bowl if the field is gonna look that lame... uh yeah yeah that's it

90758391980.gif

28 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Anybody else think it looks like they're going to leave the background of the endzones empty?

Also that "Falcons" wordmark looks so strange without "Atlanta" above it.

No, the endzone color usually goes on last.

9 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Super Bowl field design has absolutely plummeted.  How do you get rid of the helmets in the endzone or at the 25's?  Who's brilliant idea was that? No conference logos?  Dafuq?

It's like sheesh I don't even want the Redskins to make the Super Bowl if the field is gonna look that lame... uh yeah yeah that's it

*blame goodell*

They have now begun filling in the endzones. Gotta admit I was anxious they'd leave them turf colored.

Looks like they've begun doing the normal navy blue for the Pats and the Falcons sideline appears black. Was really hoping for red. Unless they do mismatching endzones and sidelines. Last year's sidelines matched the endzones, though. The wordmarks at least need some contrasting outlines to liven it up.

The turf looks really splotchy. One of the groundskeepers said it was the best turf they've used for the Super Bowl, but aesthetically it looks like crap.

IMG_6341.PNG

IMG_6342.JPG

Looks like a different patch than what was used on the replica jerseys (which is a pretty nice patch by itself). The background on the Pats patch almost look transparent. Look at the shadow on the "I." The actual shadow...not the drop shadow effect.

IMG_6280.JPG

Also, here's another view of the turf before they began filling it in. I swear, this turf is playing tricks on my eyes. Some angles, like that update I put two posts above, the field looks so patchy and discolored. Then there's this one, which looks pretty great for artificial. Hope it ends up looking like this on gameday and not the discolored mess above (which is actually later in the paint process).

IMG_6346.PNG

The turf looks discolored due to the rubber infill. They spread it around on tractors to level the field. This occasionally leads to the field looking discolored, as some areas have more rubber than others (and thus look darker). Houston's field is excellent however, so I'm sure the field will look presentable by next Sunday.

Also a damn shame how the Falcons end zone will most likely be black. It should be red, but even if it is black, the wordmark should be outlined in red.

NSFCvyu.png

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Looks like a different patch than what was used on the replica jerseys (which is a pretty nice patch by itself). The background on the Pats patch almost look transparent. Look at the shadow on the "I." The actual shadow...not the drop shadow effect.

IMG_6280.JPG

That looks like a Falcons replica jersey by that seam angle

58 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

The turf looks discolored due to the rubber infill. They spread it around on tractors to level the field. This occasionally leads to the field looking discolored, as some areas have more rubber than others (and thus look darker). Houston's field is excellent however, so I'm sure the field will look presentable by next Sunday.

Also a damn shame how the Falcons end zone will most likely be black. It should be red, but even if it is black, the wordmark should be outlined in red.

Thanks for the insight! Good information.

2 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

That looks like a Falcons replica jersey by that seam angle

That's what I acknowledged in my post when comparing the Pats game jersey to the Falcons replica.

The Patriots' uniform set is a hot mess of mismatched piping. The last time I was this confused by pipe work, I was playing World 7 of Super Mario 3.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived