Best Possible Super Bowl LI Matchups

zigbazah

On 1/10/2017 at 11:17 PM, charliehustle said:

If the Chiefs and Packers match up in the Super Bowl, do the Chiefs wear all white to mimic Super Bowl I or wear red pants because they lost Super Bowl I while wearing all white?

Also, I believe Lamar Hunt preferred the all-white look. That could be a factor.

Lamar preferred the all white look, but Hank Stram had been wanting red road pants, and eventually got his wish in '68. He claimed it was because red pants would match the numbers, but some people believe that was actually about losing Super Bowl 1. 

Personally, I'd prefer white over red, and I think that's what they would wear.  

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/12/2017 at 8:06 AM, AgentColon2 said:

LOL at us discussing the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. As if they will actually win a home playoff game.

Spot on. 

Final Four set: Atlanta, Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh. 

Atlanta vs Pittsburgh would be interesting. Still think we're headed to Brady vs Rodgers. 

NYCdog.png

1. Packers-Steelers (not even close: two of the best uniforms in the league, and I think they play off each other tremendously well thanks to the matching pants)

2. Falcons-Steelers

3. Packers-Patriots

4. Falcons-Patriots

Falcons/Patriots might wind up being one of the ugliest SB matchups ever, especially assuming the Pats have to wear their hideous white jerseys. That is going to be an eyesore to watch. Piping and unnecessary side-panels galore! It's 2005 again!

The only good matchup would be Packers/Steelers, but even then there would be too much yellow. I prefer a balance.

1. Steelers vs. Packers
  2. Steelers vs. Falcons
  3. Patriots vs. Packers
  4. Patriots vs. Falcons

That Pats/Falcons matchup might possibly be the worst combination of Super Bowl uniforms in NFL history. Especially if the Falcons wear their ugly whites.

NSFCvyu.png

16 hours ago, NYCdog said:

Spot on. 

Final Four set: Atlanta, Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh. 

Atlanta vs Pittsburgh would be interesting. Still think we're headed to Brady vs Rodgers

*Sigh*, that's what looks to be the most likely of the two scenarios. Why is it that anything I dread often comes to pass?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

15 hours ago, Cujo said:

Steelers vs Packers

Jordy+Nelson+William+Gay+Super+Bowl+XLV+

At this point, there's not even much of an argument as to what would be the best uniform matchup.  Unless somehow New England and Atlanta were allowed to wear throwbacks.

9 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The Steelers and Packers have 2 great uniforms individually but......we've seen it already.

Of the remaining possible Super Bowl possibilities I would vote for Packers-Patriots.

We've had that match-up too -- kinda-sorta.

511b2a28b4f83041290cb3e0086414fd.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

I had rematches where the uniforms are exactly the same. The Patriots are different enough for me to consider it fresh and new.

yes the Steelers and Packers have the best uniforms left, but together they are too yellow. Makes me nauseous.

i like contrast and I like different colors to meet.

Packers: They look good, especially in green, which is what they would be wearing. 

Falcons: Their set would be good if it had less piping. I've actually come to like the angled jersey and pants stripe. A less-obnoxious number font would be nice too, but you can't have everything.

Steelers: Classic look that has stood the test of time. Look more intimidating in black than in white, but they look good either way. I can't stand them or the Pats, though.

Patriots: Boring, unfashionable...almost like they were designed by The Hoodie himself. They look better in their boring navy blue uniforms. Their white jerseys would be okay without the stupid side panels and with silver pants instead of navy. I like their number font and I like how the blue numbers have a red outline. 

Falcons-Pats could be interesting. Pack-Pats would look pretty good but not as good as it did 20 years ago.

Archived