XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

On 9/25/2022 at 2:09 AM, tigers said:

Still makes zero sense.

You have a league wanting to make a dent into areas that football is needed, like Birmingham or Portland yet they stick three within a few hours of each other.

Next season they'll be in their own division.

It makes perfect sense, especially when you consider how frequently these spring leagues fail. Building in efficiencies like this Dallas-area home base (or what the USFL did with Birmingham)  likely gives them a better chance of staying solvent in the early years and can avoid hunting for wealthy investors to bail them out when they run out of cash. 

Running these leagues in the real world is more than just looking at map to see where football isn't and just sticking a team there. And, as @MJWalker45 said, Portland has shown zero interest in professional football. It's commonly mistaken as an underserved market when, in reality, it probably has as many sports franchises as it wants or needs. 

On the leaked team names: I'm less enamored with the use of "Brahmas" than some of you are. I Googled Brahma and the results gave me the name of a Hindu god, a breed of chicken and a Texas minor league hockey team, in that order. If they wanted a "bull" nickname, then just go with Bulls. 

Also, the addition of "Sea" in the Seattle name seems redundant to me. 

I'll be curious to see how Orlando uses the Guardians name. I thought it the prior XFL New York Guardians looked great, but the colors are too bleak for a city like Orlando. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

On the leaked team names: I'm less enamored with the use of "Brahmas" than some of you are. I Googled Brahma and the results gave me the name of a Hindu god, a breed of chicken and a Texas minor league hockey team, in that order. If they wanted a "bull" nickname, then just go with Bulls.  

Google "American Brahman Bull".

6 minutes ago, McCall said:

Google "American Brahman Bull".

It's not like the team would be called the "San Antonio American Brahman Bulls." 

Regardless, I realize it's just semantics. I just think that going with Bulls would be better. I care zero about whether The Rock has some connection to "Brahma." 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 12:25 AM, JerseyJimmy said:

>Arlington Renegades - nothing was wrong with using dallas, I assure you. anybody here from DFW, especially fort worth, please tell me if this actually matters to you

I live near Fort Worth; and while it doesn't matter to me, many people in Arlington (and throughout Tarrant County) take great offense to their area being called "Dallas."

On 9/21/2022 at 1:57 PM, officeglenn said:

WIZ or we riot!

9727_kansas_city_wiz-primary_dark-1996.p

Think of sponsorship and promo potential: "Tonight the Wiz was brought to you by Budweiser. We encourage you to continue enjoying the Wiz after a cold, refreshing Budweiser!" 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, AndrewG70 said:

I live near Fort Worth; and while it doesn't matter to me, many people in Arlington (and throughout Tarrant County) take great offense to their area being called "Dallas."

Why? They are stuck in between a major city and a B-level major city, so it's almost impossible to have thier own identity. i recently visited Dallas (and AT&T Stadium for that matter) and the city lines are almost blurred.

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

I've searched TESS to see if the XFL has anything new registered and didn't find anything.  Does anyone know if they will hold submissions in secret/unavailable to the public until the registerer is ready for public release?

I do this a lot when we know a team is getting ready to unveil new branding, but rarely do I ever find anything. 

While it could be just that teams are holding off registering trademarks, I think it's probably more about a lag time between when the request was filed, when it's approved and when it appears on TESS. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-09-21 at 7:35 PM, B-Rich said:

(Tampa Bay Mutiny, like many of the original MLS names was STUPID and the logo used  for the name was even worse... by my count only HALF of the original 10 MLS team names remain). 

The Mutiny wasn't that bad of a name considering the Pirate lore of the Tampa Bay area and the Gasparilla Festival, but the logo was, with a pretty laughable explaination (Mutiny = Mutant according to the dude that came up with the idea).

If Tampa Bay gets another shot at MLS, then it's likely that the Rowdies name will come back considering the team was pretty successful both on and off the pitch in the NASL, and they had pretty snazzy uniforms.

9faf6929f579f043cbfcd9a3dcb3ae14.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=4a8fd1fd979d4fafc8f993f7570c73fff758d69340379681b2569889b92f8372&ipo=images

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The Mutiny wasn't that bad of a name considering the Pirate lore of the Tampa Bay area and the Gasparilla Festival, but the logo was, with a pretty laughable explaination (Mutiny = Mutant according to the dude that came up with the idea).

If Tampa Bay gets another shot at MLS, then it's likely that the Rowdies name will come back considering the team was pretty successful both on and off the pitch in the NASL, and they had pretty snazzy uniforms.

9faf6929f579f043cbfcd9a3dcb3ae14.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=4a8fd1fd979d4fafc8f993f7570c73fff758d69340379681b2569889b92f8372&ipo=images

Only if it's the current owners moving up. I could also see them selling image rights if money is right, because I can't see them being able to compete with MLS on name alone.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, Cujo said:
FgU--UVWIAEDQiV?format=jpg&name=large

Huh...   Went simplified across the board.  The new Dragon actually looks like it may be pretty cool looking, but I'm a bit worried.  The Dragons, Defenders, Renegades, Battlehawks, and Roughnecks are obvious if the color schemes aren't changing.

The thunderbolt-ish logo reminds me of the thunderbolt in the Orlando Rage logo, so I'm guessing that's the new Guardians calling back to the original league.  If it's done subtly, that's pretty cool.

Unsure on the last two.  The top one could be the two serifs at the top of a V with the left side of each shaped like fangs for the vipers.  Actually, typing that out I'm pretty sure that's it, with the black and red being the Brahmas.

spacer.png

spacer.png

6 hours ago, BengalErnst said:

There is a subsection of people here that will hate anything with “XFL” associated to it. 

I'm the opposite.  

I'd love to see the concept finally succeed.

But this looks like a poor rehash.  Color schemes & leaked team names are barely an improvement over the last iteration.  I hope 12 hours from now, we see these full looks and they're tremendous, but this tease has me wrestling with a bad feeling in my gut.