2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, while they're still not that good, the Titans' new Columbia blue alt. jersey looks pretty sharp in person when they're combined with white pants and navy helmet and socks. If they made this their home primary combo I'd be a fan. The league doesn't need another navy primary set, much less in monochrome.

usa_today_11305248.0.jpg

ICXC NIKA

2 hours ago, ninersdd said:

So the Jags beat Brady by double digits, yet lose to Gabbert/less then 100% Mariota?

My hypothesis that Bortles would stop being so hit-or-miss now that the Jags had proper helmets doesn't seem to be working out. Oh well.

57 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Chargers suck. 

And they’re losing to their crosstown rivals. 

Why do they have crosstown rivals? That’s stupid. 

Why are they in LA? That’s stupid. 

Football is stupid. 

Go Chargers. 

G-ddamnit.

They're working really hard to fulfill their destiny as the Football Clippers.

The most devastating play in football: roughing the passer penalty. Soccer-style QB dives are going to become a thing, and really, you'd be dumb not to. If any QB feels a brush of contact they ought to hit the deck. It's just playing the percentages.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

24 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The most devastating play in football: roughing the passer penalty. Soccer-style QB dives are going to become a thing, and really, you'd be dumb not to. If any QB feels a brush of contact they ought to hit the deck. It's just playing the percentages.

Literally the same thing I said to the wife after that call for nudging Prescott. Why not flop if it'll get you 15? Same as punters do but it is going to be much more egregious.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

Clippers fans know what they’re getting into. 

I didn’t ask for this :(

Indeed. As a Clippers fan I say no team should strive to be that. Should’ve stayed in SD. Go Rams.

I really hope the Jags loss doesn’t stop them from wearing the teal pants with the white jerseys. That should be the default look after the suits decided nothing on the white Jersey should be teal.

Yikes.

First and foremost, I'm a football fan, so I'm cool with my team losing provided it's a good game from both teams. That was not a good game by the Patriots and probably why I'm disappointed. Sony Michel must have something on Belichick and McDaniels. Michel was clearly overmatched, not ready, but the Patriots still were forcing him the ball either by handoff or by pass. I've never really seen something like that outside of the Claude Julien-coached Bruins; something is clearly not working, yet there are little alterations to the game plan. Michel to the outside was the theme. A failing theme. Yet, they still went with it. Gross. I think we're looking at a 10-6 or 11-5 Patriots team this year.

I am also going to throw this out there; Josh Gordon will be released before ever playing a game with the Patriots.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

That was a great and satisfying game for the Lions. I haven’t seen them dominate a team no less than the Patriots in a long time. Maybe Patricia is channeling his inner Fontes! I’m going to sleep peacefully now that my Lions won tonight.

4 hours ago, RockyTopper said:

Also, while they're still not that good, the Titans' new Columbia blue alt. jersey looks pretty sharp in person when they're combined with white pants and navy helmet and socks. If they made this their home primary combo I'd be a fan. The league doesn't need another navy primary set, much less in monochrome.

usa_today_11305248.0.jpg

Jags look fairly decent with the white shirt and teal pants combo. Still could use a touch of gold somewhere.

Anyways...

Rams pretty much win the popularity contest against their crosstown rivals...for this year at least. It's as if the Chargers purposefully want to play second fiddle to the Rams like they did in 1960.

To see Tom Brady lose in such an uncharacteristic way...I dunno what to tell you guys.

Archived