College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

2 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

FUqT26DUAAEIIgg?format=jpg&name=900x900

That lightning bolt must be made of osmium because the falcon’s facial expression Is the very picture of  exhaustion and pain.

Seriously, take a look at this guy...

spacer.png

That isn't the countenance of a predator. It's the look of a sleep-deprived hernia-sufferer. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

18 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

FUqT26DUAAEIIgg?format=jpg&name=900x900

A photo of that logo

The more I look at this, the worse it gets. 

1. Obviously the face is terribly rendered.

2. The feathers on the wings are different on the two. The left one has smooth feathers, while the right one has angular feathers.

3. The talons are awful.

4. The lightning bolt looks wobbly(?) 

Just a complete mess all around. Boston College and Southern Miss do a way better job with their flying Raptor logos. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Burkell007 said:

Looks like they might of darkened the navy blue? 

Royal blue would have been a better choice for this presentation; AFA sometimes uses navy as a tertiary color (likely tying into the navy dress blues), but the athletics department rarely uses it. Odd choice. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Space Force has an "historic" symbol?

Also, I would have lost the bet on the wings.  I forgot about the chapel, so I was thinking the wing to the viewer's right (which is the bird's left wing, for the record, contrary to the summary) were representative of the Rocky Mountains.

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 2 weeks later...

I think that’s an upgrade, but the bear also looks like he just stepped on a Lego. 

Also, why is there two different “BROWN” word marks? The one in the Before/After and the one in the graphics below have different “W”s and different tracking. That’s weird.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I kinda wish they had an updated B-ivy mark too.

But yeah the two new same-but-different wordmarks with different W’s are very strange. 

The new wordmark feels very similar to the late 2000s Cleveland Browns wordmark…at first glance I thought they copied it and just removed the S. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 6/26/2022 at 8:15 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

I think that’s an upgrade, but the bear also looks like he just stepped on a Lego. 

This is a brilliant description.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The new logo is very empty. Just a lot of flat brown there.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!