AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

That would have been the better thing to do. They already had a logo that was pointing in that direction:

Rockford IceHogs added a new photo. - Rockford IceHogs

It looks like it was made by a freshman in high school, but just fix the leg of that R, don't bother with the 90-degree text, and lose everything else, and there's your logo. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, Burmy said:

Strange, I thought their rebrand would be a name change to the Rockford Blackhawks.

The Ice Hogs name/brand has some cachet (or at least has been around for some time) and with everything surrounding the Blackhawks over this past season and the Indigenous naming controversy, I'm not surprised they didn't switch.

That new logo stinks. The old one was more fun.

IbjBaeE.png

The "fun" old logo was a carryover from the U-Haul, a league that was barely a league. They should have moved on by the second season of the Blackhawks affiliation. I think they could have gotten away with the name change this summer even with everything going on; idpol is showing signs of waning and Rockford's not really much of a heckin-'yikesarino town anyway.

That looks okay to me. I think "Warriors" is a vague enough name that the plane kind of works.

For as simple as these jerseys are, they are still an insane upgrade over the previous jerseys. The old Warriors logo was a relic of an older time and was insanely outdated and bad, regardless of the Indigenous logo controversy,

I'm not sure about retaining the moose logo (which I thought was going to be the new primary) as a shoulder patch since it is such a different style of logo and the inclusion of the maple leaves to "honour our Canadian history" is dumb as all get out considering they play in the Canadian Hockey League with 51 other Canadian teams.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

IbjBaeE.png

22 hours ago, steve61 said:

Photo-2022-07-05-11-10-53-AM-1024x683.jpg

My one big problem with these jerseys, is that these exist in the same league.

Canes-new-3rds0953.jpg

Granted, Lethbridge's jersey is an alternate, but that's still way too close for my liking.

Moose Jaw has previously used these Snowbirds unis

HoIls4I.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

7 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

Moose Jaw Warriors Regina Hub Preview: Pt 1 - DUBNetwork

I know the moose doesn't necessarily equate to "Warrriors" but leading with the moose would have been a more unique way to go

I had just assumed the Warriors were going to transition to the moose head logo. I like what they went with though.

Having the logo not really match the team name appears not to be an issue in the WHL. Kelowna Rockets have a lake monster as their logo.

• Applause 1

On 7/6/2022 at 6:03 PM, nash61 said:

My one big problem with these jerseys, is that these exist in the same league.

Canes-new-3rds0953.jpg

Granted, Lethbridge's jersey is an alternate, but that's still way too close for my liking.

To my knowledge and from what I have seen (or more like haven't seen), these were retired a couple of years ago. They don't wear them anymore.

IbjBaeE.png

19 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

I had just assumed the Warriors were going to transition to the moose head logo. I like what they went with though.

Having the logo not really match the team name appears not to be an issue in the WHL. Kelowna Rockets have a lake monster as their logo.

It's definitely not a bad look. Less dated than the previous logo. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 2 weeks later...

Im hearing Baton Rouge will have announcement on Monday of a new hockey team.  Nothing else mentioned as of yet. Id be looking at either NAHL, SPHL or FPHL.  Baton Rouge hasnt had hockey since the ECHL Baton Rouge Kingfish left in 2003

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank

On 7/16/2022 at 3:23 PM, Dilbert said:

Im hearing Baton Rouge will have announcement on Monday of a new hockey team.  Nothing else mentioned as of yet. Id be looking at either NAHL, SPHL or FPHL.  Baton Rouge hasnt had hockey since the ECHL Baton Rouge Kingfish left in 2003

Three games this year (one exhibition, two FPHL). If they get attendance, then they may have an FPHL team in 2023-24.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_d996de26-045b-11ed-af86-af0f20cb1200.html

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 6/30/2022 at 9:46 AM, nuordr said:

The Rockford IceHogs, the AHL affiliate of the Blackhawks, unveiled a new logo.

spacer.png

The kerning on the text is an absolute nightmare. Also, the “E” and “H” in “ICEHOGS” doesn’t look like it’s rotating on the axis correctly either, and the second “R” and the “D” of “ROCKFORD” is closer to the edge of the roundel ring than the rest of the letters.

I don’t think the Type on a Path tool was used here like it should’ve been. That’s really poor quality.

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

It's worse than I thought. That is really poor craftsmanship. Good eye.

I don't understand why the organization can't let the black roundel from the 2009 Winter Classic go. That was never a good logo. It's even worse here.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

It would be a waste if they don't use "blasty" on the jerseys 

They have blasty, as well as all those western inspired alternate logos from their old alternate jersey. If they just go with that lame W it’ll be a huge missed opportunity.

• Like 3

jNTsTyQ.png