NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

But they’re not adding silver to the color scheme. It’s only a part of the 25th anniversary logo because 25 is considered the “silver anniversary” just like the 50th Super Bowl was all gold for the “gold anniversary”

I know. Its weird though, seeing silver on a team mainly black and teal.

spacer.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, j'villejags said:

I'm hoping the positive reaction the Chargers got for making a similar switch will help make that a reality. Plus, now the Jets' have an alternate black jersey that looks strikingly similar to our black jersey. We are a small-market team with a unique brand that hasn't figured out such an obvious and effective way to differentiate ourselves from everyone else, (aside from gimmicky helmets). This problem is almost exacerbated by ownership, because as fans, we actually want the teal to return full-time. We are instead met with this type of marketing-speak that is supposed to somehow quench our thirst for teal.

I want to think this franchise will do the right thing for once and come to their senses in this regard. It's hard for anyone to tell me that looking at the current lineup of Jaguars uniforms and the rest of the NFL, that the teal isn't the best option. I know Shad said the black would be the new identity of the Jaguars when he bought the team, and I can only imagine he is incredibly stubborn behind the doors in TIAA Bank Field and won't let anyone attempt to change his mind. He's a business man, not an aesthetics person.

There's a rumor going around that throwbacks will be worn this year and I can't get behind it. I'd love to see it, but again, I don't trust this franchise to do the right thing right now.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

I want to think this franchise will do the right thing for once and come to their senses in this regard. It's hard for anyone to tell me that looking at the current lineup of Jaguars uniforms and the rest of the NFL, that the teal isn't the best option. I know Shad said the black would be the new identity of the Jaguars when he bought the team, and I can only imagine he is incredibly stubborn behind the doors in TIAA Bank Field and won't let anyone attempt to change his mind. He's a business man, not an aesthetics person.

There's a rumor going around that throwbacks will be worn this year and I can't get behind it. I'd love to see it, but again, I don't trust this franchise to do the right thing right now.

Not sure if to trust this, but...

da0Lbhs.png

13 hours ago, daveindc said:

Clearly the more popular uniform in Cleveland.

There are simpler than the current look and reminiscent of the old jerseys while still being a new look. And, most importantly, they finally won a goddamn game in these producing this now (Cleveland) iconic image of Baker Mayfield, your Super Bowl 54 MVP.

Image result for baker mayfield jets

42 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Not sure if to trust this, but...

If they do, I'd go with the block numbers from the original season.  Maybe against the Titans, who were the Jags first regular season opponent when they were the Oilers.

Also, Minnesota Vikings Wide Receivers Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen both want the Vikings to wear 1970-1995 Throwbacks in 2019, the ones with Northwestern Stripes on the Home and UCLA Stripes on the Away. In my opinion, it’s the Vikings Second-best look after the 1961-1968 set which had Northwestern Stipes Home and Away, Gold Outlines, Purple Pants, and striped socks.

The White One would make sense due to the NFL100 Season, and 2019 being the 50th Anniversary of the Vikings 1969 “40 for 60” NFL Championship season. They lost the Super Bowl to the Chiefs that year though, and happen to play them on the road this year. The odd thing is that in 1969, the Vikings wore the 1961-1968 Uniforms that year, with the 1970-1995, having a weird thing where the Home Had Gold Outlines, but not the away.

da0Lbhs.png

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

Also, Minnesota Vikings Wide Receivers Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen both want the Vikings to wear 1970-1995 Throwbacks in 2019, the ones with Northwestern Stripes on the Home and UCLA Stripes on the Away. In my opinion, it’s the Vikings Second-best look after the 1961-1968 set which had Northwestern Stipes Home and Away, Gold Outlines, Purple Pants, and striped socks.

The White One would make sense due to the NFL100 Season, and 2019 being the 50th Anniversary of the Vikings 1969 “40 for 60” NFL Championship season. They lost the Super Bowl to the Chiefs that year though, and happen to play them on the road this year. The odd thing is that in 1969, the Vikings wore the 1961-1968 Uniforms that year, with the 1970-1995, having a weird thing where the Home Had Gold Outlines, but not the away.

If they did bring back throwbacks I would hope they wear the 1961-68 home uniform or an away throwback to these.

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

If they did bring back throwbacks I would hope they wear the 1961-68 home uniform or an away throwback to these.

spacer.png

Yeah same, those are the best we have looked. But the other Throwback makes more sense for this year and all that going on. 1969 Championship 50th Anniversary, NFL100, Super Bowl IV, etc...

da0Lbhs.png

6 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

There are simpler than the current look and reminiscent of the old jerseys while still being a new look. And, most importantly, they finally won a goddamn game in these producing this now (Cleveland) iconic image of Baker Mayfield, your Super Bowl 54 MVP.

Image result for baker mayfield jets

It looks like he's about to break out into his dance routine. 

giphy.gif

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived