NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think at the end of the Adidas era the refs had an alternate white uniform (that just looked like the regular one but slightly lighter). Not that that helps in a white vs grey game, but it worked for that time period of Adidas giving every team grey sleeved jerseys.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Celtics vs Timberwolves tonight is one of the more visually pleasing matchups I’ve ever seen. Maybe the Wolves light blue uniforms don’t fit their brand (or court), maybe they don’t look good to you on their own, but up against the Celtic green uniform I think it’s a fun matchup. 
I’m on my phone so uploading a picture is unnecessarily difficult, light blue and white vs green and white. 

A pleasant matchup between the Timberwolves and Celtics. Except this is one of the rare occurrences where it's the court that ruins the matchup. Every year the Timberwolves market their jerseys do much but never make an alternate court. Powder blue vs green on a dark navy court...

didn't see that comment above me but yea basically what we said 

IMG-7122.gif

2 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

This Nuggets Thunder game has got to be one of the worst uniform matchups of the season right?

Cant really blame the nuggets on this one. But the thunder made a bad choice of using dark grey for their jerseys. Their jerseys aren't really "all that" enough to have an alternate matching court. Yet their regular court looks way too different. They should have made the jerseys white and keep those accent colors as they wished. White blends in with any court.

IMG-7122.gif

1 hour ago, eRay said:

Celtics vs Timberwolves tonight is one of the more visually pleasing matchups I’ve ever seen. Maybe the Wolves light blue uniforms don’t fit their brand (or court), maybe they don’t look good to you on their own, but up against the Celtic green uniform I think it’s a fun matchup. 
I’m on my phone so uploading a picture is unnecessarily difficult, light blue and white vs green and white. 

20 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

A pleasant matchup between the Timberwolves and Celtics. Except this is one of the rare occurrences where it's the court that ruins the matchup. Every year the Timberwolves market their jerseys do much but never make an alternate court. Powder blue vs green on a dark navy court...

didn't see that comment above me but yea basically what we said 

agree with you both, it’s an ideal all-color matchup — two very different jerseys in hue and tone, without extra trim colors to muddy things up. I actually don’t hate how the MSP jerseys look on that court, though they get a little bit swallowed up by the court. But better that than a severe clash.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

This Nuggets Thunder game has got to be one of the worst uniform matchups of the season right?

It would have helped if Denver wore the Mile High blue unis to brighten things up a bit. 

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

Cant really blame the nuggets on this one. But the thunder made a bad choice of using dark grey for their jerseys. Their jerseys aren't really "all that" enough to have an alternate matching court. Yet their regular court looks way too different. They should have made the jerseys white and keep those accent colors as they wished

Denver’s rebrand was a bad downgrade imo, an ideal thunder nuggets matchup would’ve been okc in white and Denver in powder, instead we get a ugly anthracite against white and navy, on a bright blue and orange court. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

16 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Denver’s rebrand was a bad downgrade imo, an ideal thunder nuggets matchup would’ve been okc in white and Denver in powder, instead we get a ugly anthracite against white and navy, on a bright blue and orange court. 

Yea I agree the nuggets just went with the typical "modern" route. Everywhere it's navy this and navy that. It's funny how the grizzlies look more like how the nuggets used to look than the actual nugget now

IMG-7122.gif

20 hours ago, M4One said:

I saw the play in question.  I'll give the Nets player the benefit of doubt and say he was expecting his teammate to zig, when he zagged instead.  But, maybe now the NBA needs to come up with an alternate uniform for the refs, like in soccer, so they don't get mixed up.

What’s weird is that in the mid-2010s, the NBA had an alternate white shirt for referees working games where a team was wearing gray. In this era of alts and color-vs-color matchups, I don’t know why that was scrapped.

On 2/9/2020 at 6:56 PM, Krz said:

They should do Alexander over walker

The WNBA solution.

shatori-walkerkimbrough-and-shey-peddy-o 

Who are we kidding, though?  Pelicans will solve this the Nike/NBA way by putting out a different alternate, especially to capitalize on Zionmania.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

On 2/21/2020 at 10:15 AM, Digby said:

I think at the end of the Adidas era the refs had an alternate white uniform (that just looked like the regular one but slightly lighter). Not that that helps in a white vs grey game, but it worked for that time period of Adidas giving every team grey sleeved jerseys.

And almost every team wised up and dropped the gray jersey, except the Pistons. *sigh*

Archived