New York Jets unveil new uniforms

3 hours ago, mmajeski06 said:

Kind of surprised they didn't roll it out this year - 20 years since the last change, new QB - might cut into some of the Darnold jersey sales if people know something new is moving next year. Or do normies not really care about such things? 

Could be that the uni they are now will just be kept as a throwback. Why mothball it when you can still make money off it?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/3/2018 at 11:34 AM, leopard88 said:

"You just don't get the bond that CITY X has with the team.  The fans are all lunch pail guys who either work at the mill or their father did before it was shut down.  They really appreciate how much the smashmouth football played by TEAM Y reflects the image of the town."

Without that narrative, we probably don’t get the Cleveland Deal that opened the door for the NBA’s Charlotte/NOLA mess. Nobody is more lunch-pail than the Dawg Pound.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Mentally, I’ve always thought of the Jets as the darker green team and the Eagles as the kelly green team... I don’t think I could process the Jets going back to kelly green and the Eagles staying with dark green.

On 8/3/2018 at 8:33 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

What does this even mean?  Not just when it comes to the Jets, but you often hear people say "well, it's a blue collar town so they love the way team x plays".

Look in the stands, and it's mostly accountants or IT guys or business owners or other white-collar fans.  There's no NFL city that's primarily "blue collar" anymore, and I can't consider any player that makes millions of $ per year and goes home to a model and a 50,000 sq' mansion a "blue collar" guy, no matter how many instagram pics he posts of himself "putting in work" in the gym.

I don't really mean the expensive seat folks, just that it's a hard nosed football fanbase wherever they are. Not one that needs to wants frills, bells and whistles. A Tampa Buccaneering of our uni's will be met with the same disgust as what you saw in Cleveland. Some fanbases can just roll with it. Ours won't. You'd hear about it. 

I mean we have Darnold and we're still fuming over the Hackenberg pick. I remember some NYC beat writer mentioned a few years ago in an interview that he was at a Wagner soccer game and Rich Kotite was in the stands and multiple Jets fans began pelting him with trash. This is 20 years after he coached the team and has been living in anonymity

Granted it's an extreme example but with us you just have to tread lightly. Same with the Eagles

On 8/3/2018 at 11:00 AM, mmajeski06 said:

Are matte helmets still in? The Ohio U uniform with the 80s Jets script would look pretty awesome

oh-12-whitegreen-robleifheit-vert-620x86

Michigan State's helmet has a nice, clean satin finish. This is what I like to see more of too:

Image result for michigan state football

4 hours ago, GFB said:

Mentally, I’ve always thought of the Jets as the darker green team and the Eagles as the kelly green team... I don’t think I could process the Jets going back to kelly green and the Eagles staying with dark green.

That’s where I’ve stood on the issue as well, but I thought about it a different way recently: the Jets’ white would still contrast nicely against jelly green, whereas the Eagles’ silver was toeing that line on those throwbacks they wore several years ago.

Conversely, the Eagles could totally get away with using more silver against a darker green, and now that they’ve tasted ultimate success with dark green, I’m warming to the idea of a simpler look featuring almost entirely dark green and silver. They looked great in a similar color scheme in the 1970s.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

14 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

That’s where I’ve stood on the issue as well, but I thought about it a different way recently: the Jets’ white would still contrast nicely against jelly green, whereas the Eagles’ silver was toeing that line on those throwbacks they wore several years ago.

Conversely, the Eagles could totally get away with using more silver against a darker green, and now that they’ve tasted ultimate success with dark green, I’m warming to the idea of a simpler look featuring almost entirely dark green and silver. They looked great in a similar color scheme in the 1970s.

I know it's just a typo, but jelly green sounds awesome.

And delicious.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I know it's just a typo, but jelly green sound awesome.

And delicious.

They’d have to start selling lamb at the concessions:

rack-of-lamb-546-d110633-cooking-school-

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 8/4/2018 at 7:52 PM, AgentColon2 said:

I just hope they don’t go TOO green. IMG_3820online-900x600.jpg

"Too green" as in too bright? That pic seems to be a bit filtered though.

Image result for marshall football

Image result for ny jets 1990s

Marshall's green does still seem to be a tad brighter. There's no reason to think the Jets would go with a shade like that though, I don't think.

Whatever they do, their cleats have to be white. One of the greatest players in their franchise’s history popularized that aesthetic for the entire league. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

1 hour ago, Chawls said:

Whatever they do, their cleats have to be white. One of the greatest players in their franchise’s history popularized that aesthetic for the entire league. 

Ummm. Did they change the shoe rule introduced last season? The one that allowed individual players to wear their choice of black, white or team color shoes?

There was quite a ? storm here by some of this forum's traditionalists on opening day last season over that lol

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 8/4/2018 at 10:25 AM, mmajeski06 said:

Kind of surprised they didn't roll it out this year - 20 years since the last change, new QB - might cut into some of the Darnold jersey sales if people know something new is moving next year. Or do normies not really care about such things? 

Well they weren't really expecting to get Darnold and we all know the approval process takes a while.

2 hours ago, daveindc said:

"Too green" as in too bright? That pic seems to be a bit filtered though.

Marshall's green does still seem to be a tad brighter. There's no reason to think the Jets would go with a shade like that though, I don't think.

I dunno. If that’s the standard bright kelly green they offer for football and what they stock for t-shirts and whatnot, I think you have every reason to believe that might become the color... if the Jets do indeed have kelly green in mind. It’s tough to argue against efficiency these days. ?

3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Ummm. Did they change the shoe rule introduced last season? The one that allowed individual players to wear their choice of black, white or team color shoes?

There was quite a ? storm here by some of this forum's traditionalists on opening day last season over that lol

As I understood it, the team still has a designated default color, but individual players can wear black, white, or team color cleats. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 8/4/2018 at 3:26 PM, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

remember some NYC beat writer mentioned a few years ago in an interview that he was at a Wagner soccer game and Rich Kotite was in the stands and multiple Jets fans began pelting him with trash

Rich Kotite's still alive?  Holy crap

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

18 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

Rich Kotite's still alive?  Holy crap

He failed so spectacularly that he was out of the league at age 54, so he's not as ancient as you would think.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived