New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/30/2018 at 1:18 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

agreed. Nike has hacked the details, but this is a really good uniform. im also in favor of making the NY oval the primary logo and putting it on the helmet. that alone would be a tremendous step forward. 

so much of what people (even within the teams) want in a uniform has to do with tram success. if they had won a Super Bowl or 2 since 98 and been a legitimate team, people would riot if they changed the uniform. sure you want to look at a uni and feel like that represents success, but what if they actually turn it around and start winning? the design of this uniform is strong and though inthink they’ll do something new, im holing they dont change much

I agree.  Fix a few quirks and this is a good uniform in any combination.  

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 8/5/2018 at 10:49 PM, andrewharrington said:

I dunno. If that’s the standard bright kelly green they offer for football and what they stock for t-shirts and whatnot, I think you have every reason to believe that might become the color... if the Jets do indeed have kelly green in mind. It’s tough to argue against efficiency these days. ?

Correct.  Nike’s colors are more saturated.  Check out the Chiefs prior to the Nike switchover and check them out now.  That Red is RED.  Not sure if it is for aesthetics/trends or it’s fabric-related, but the colors prior to the Nike switch were muted.  UA, Adidas have also brightened it increased saturation in their fabrics.  It’s a good thing.  

That top photo of Marshall most likely was edited which is why that Kelly looks so bright.  

By the way, Marshall’s look here is basically perfect.  

On 8/7/2018 at 8:04 PM, Chico said:

Not bad. Now just make the oval look more like a football and I think you got something solid. 

BqrmTKj.jpg

I like where this is heading! Now maybe just use "Jets" instead of "NY" in order to stand apart from the other New York team, and use a font that's not completely generic - maybe something that contains a subtle nod to the image of a jet:

5gtfjeljv9kf52bdv9otg3fhf.gif

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Anybody else look at the unveiling of Oregon's new uniforms and just think, "well, there's another way the Jets can screw this up I hadn't considered".

Remember the size of those shoulder numbers in the 80s???

2 hours ago, schlim said:

Anybody else look at the unveiling of Oregon's new uniforms and just think, "well, there's another way the Jets can screw this up I hadn't considered".

Remember the size of those shoulder numbers in the 80s???

If there's any positive to the oversized Oregon numbers, it's that this disease probably won't spread to the NFL. Having such ludicrously huge front and back numbers only works with plain shoulders on the uniform, and the NFL requires TV numbers. Oregon's numbers extend up to the bottom of the collar, so you couldn't have those plus shoulder numbers of any size.

gastineau.jpg?w=640

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

2 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

If there's any positive to the oversized Oregon numbers, it's that this disease probably won't spread to the NFL. Having such ludicrously huge front and back numbers only works with plain shoulders on the uniform, and the NFL requires TV numbers. Oregon's numbers extend up to the bottom of the collar, so you couldn't have those plus shoulder numbers of any size.

gastineau.jpg?w=640

yeah, but they have been letting that slide for years with alts and color rash (see Bears previous third with no TV numbers, and current Patriots one).  There might be a day a team is allowed to do that on their primaries.

On 8/8/2018 at 1:10 PM, Gr3g3 said:

....what? This change is for 2019...

YA THINK??!?!?!!?!

I know that, but new info and sometimes they show the new uni and state of the the franchise and member meetings.

DO we know if the logo will be getting an update as well?

Jaguars

On 8/9/2018 at 10:47 AM, whitedawg22 said:

I like where this is heading! Now maybe just use "Jets" instead of "NY" in order to stand apart from the other New York team, and use a font that's not completely generic - maybe something that contains a subtle nod to the image of a jet:

No thanks. That logo looks too forced.

Besides, the team represents New York. "New York" itself should be central to the team's identity, not the nickname. The oval with the bold NY is perfect.

2 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

No thanks. That logo looks too forced.

Besides, the team represents New York. "New York" itself should be central to the team's identity, not the nickname. The oval with the bold NY is perfect.

I’d argue for a jet plane alternate logo, for some use on the design. Other than that, the “NY oval” is in keeping with modernizing the look the Jets wore at their best (SB III).

Who would you rather remember, Joe Namath or Rich Kotite? Let the jet-JETS stay dead.

On 8/9/2018 at 10:47 AM, whitedawg22 said:

Count me among the crowd hoping for a return to that logo or some variation thereof. The uniforms worn with it were a bit too plain for my liking, but that was a fantastic logo.

11 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I’d argue for a jet plane alternate logo, for some use on the design. Other than that, the “NY oval” is in keeping with modernizing the look the Jets wore at their best (SB III).

Who would you rather remember, Joe Namath or Rich Kotite? Let the jet-JETS stay dead.

that argument is basically why they were what they wear now, but i don't really think of namath when i see the current set. they've built up 20 years of history in the current set, and some of it just as bad as 1-15 (i'm looking at you, butt fumble).

ultimately, i think you may be disappointed, because i do think this is the logo the jets are going (back) to. it's extremely popular. almost everything in retail with this logo on it sells quickly, and FWIW, i do think it's a far superior logo to an variation of the oval.

but we shall see!

Archived